Status: updating very often :]

Burning These Feelings Away.

Chapter Three

Chelsea’s POV

Derek and I sat on my couch and watched The Crazies after the concert. Normally I’d be anxious about scary movies, but my head was scattered with thoughts of Chris.

He seemed happy to see me!

Maybe it was pity.

He’s still freakin’ hot.

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts. Derek is my boyfriend now. He’s good to me. Chris should be the last thing on my mind. But it would be nice to talk to him again.

“Derek,” I took a deep breath. “Can we talk?”

He didn’t take his eyes off the TV screen. ‘Sure, hun.”

“Chris and I wanna get together sometime to catch up.”

Derek finally looked at me. “Get together?”

I rolled my eyes, “Not like that. Like grabbing a smoothie.”

“Even after he broke your heart?”

“He didn’t break my heart, we just didn’t click anymore.” I lied about the first part. But it was in the past. I’m over it now.

“You’re not going.” Derek slightly laughed.

I scooched an inch away from him. “Uhm, Yes. I am.”

Derek’s eyes suddenly bore into mine with fury. “There’s no way in hell I’m letting you go.”

“Then I guess you’re out of luck.” I caught my breath. Derek stood up and slammed the door shut, making the picture frames on the wall shake. I blinked away the tears forming in my eyes. Our first fight.

I pulled out my cell phone and dialed my best friend’s number.

“Hello?”

“Brittany. Derek and I just had our first disagreement.”

Brittany chuckled. “Fight?”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, whatever.”

“What about?”

I nervously whispered, “Chris?”

Silence.

“CHRIS?!?” Brittany yelled into the phone in shock.

“Yeah, basically we ran into each other and he wants to catch up. And Derek doesn’t want me to.” I didn’t wanna give the whole story.

“Why do you wanna do it?”

I thought about it for a moment. “Well, I actually liked talking to him again. I think I miss him.”

“Then go catch up, do whatever you want!” Brittany exclaimed.

“Yeah, yeah I WILL go hang out with Chris. I mean, why can’t we talk?!?”

“Exactly. Now it’s 3 in the morning. So let me go to bed.” Brittany yawned.

“Alright, night.”

The line went dead.

I threw my phone onto the table lied down on the couch. Closing my eyes, I tried to get some sleep. But it was difficult knowing that Chris would be calling me. And I can’t wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you're reading this, thank you :) I enjoy writing this.