Status: updating very often :]

Burning These Feelings Away.

Chapter Five

Chelsea’s POV

Derek: I’m so sorry, please forgive me.

Derek: Will you please forgive me? I love you with all of my heart, hun.

I couldn’t help but smile at Derek’s last text message. Of course I miss him a little, I mean, he’s my boyfriend.

I forgive you. You can come over if you want.

Sent.

Half an hour later Derek walked through the door of my apartment and gave me a huge hug.

“I’m so sorry, hun.” He squeezed me tight.

I sighed. “It’s alright.” When we pulled apart Derek had a grin on his face. “Let’s do something,” he suggested. Suddenly my ringtone “I Like it” by Enrique Iglesias started playing. I pulled out my cell and looked at the caller ID. Chris.

Flipping it open I said, “Hey.”

“Hey. What are you doing tonight?”

“Uhm.” I glanced at Derek. “Nothing. Why?”

“Well, the band is having a party with some fans, agents, you know. And you’re VIP.” He paused. “You can bring Derek if you want.” The excitement in his voice somewhat faded at the mention of Derek.

“Hold on.”

Derek gave me a weird look.

Giving him the puppy dog face, I asked “Wanna go to a party tonight?”

“Who’s? Chris’s?” Derek folded his arms.

I nodded. “Please?”

Derek groaned and uttered, “Fine.”

“Awesome!” I exclaimed into the phone. “We’ll be there.”

“Great, it’s at Fire & Ice at 9. See ya there.” Chris hung up.

He didn’t seemed too thrilled of Derek coming….

At the Party.

“Hey Chris,” I gave him a quick hug as we entered Fire & Ice.

“I’m glad you came Chels!”

Chris put on a smile and held out a hand to Derek. “Nice to see you again.”

Derek ignored his greeting and dryly said, “You too.” Chris looked back at me and exclaimed, “Have fun, you two.”

“Can’t you be mature about this?” I gave Derek a dirty look when Chris left.

Derek rolled his eyes. “What’s the point.”

“CHELS!!!” a deep voice came from behind. Turning around I found Maika, Jay, and Christian all smiling at me.

“You guys!!” I gave each of them a hug.

“Man,” Maika fixed his shaggy black hair. “We haven’t hung out in forever.”

“Yeah,” Jay agreed. “It’s been..what… two years?”

“We’ve all missed you.” Christian stepped closer and whispered in my ear, “Chris missed you the most though.”

I slowly nodded. “I know. It’s been way too long.”

I heard Derek cough from beside me.

“Guys, this is Derek. My boyfriend.”

Chris’s POV

As I was talking to executives, I looked over at Chelsea to find her talking with the band. She was laughing and smiling with them. It makes me feel good to know that her and the guys are still good friends even after we broke up. Christian left the group and walked to me.

“Hey. It’s awesome that Chels came.” he glanced back at her.

“I know.” I bit my lip trying not to show the huge smile on my face.

“Even though her boyfriend is too?” he raised a questioning eyebrow.

I shrugged my shoulders. “Well, I didn’t wanna be a jerk and say he couldn’t come.”

“Yeah you’re right. Have some fun, alright?” Christian put a hand on my shoulder as he walked away.

Just as I turned around to get a drink, the sound of shrilling voices filled my ears.

“Oh my gosh!!! It’s Chris!!!” A group of five girls stood in front of me wearing shirts with my face on them. Every time I saw one it made me laugh to myself.

“Can we have your autograph?” A tall blonde stepped forward carrying a paper and sharpie.

I nodded. “Of course.” on each shirt I wrote my signature and ‘Keep on being awesome!’ When I was done, the girls ran away giggling and smiling. Never gets old.

Once again, my eyes went to Chelsea. She was looking around the room, making our eyes meet. Her mouth turned up into an infectious smile. I grinned and flipped my hair nervously. God she’s so cute.

“Dude!” Jay jogged up to me in a rush. “Where are the guitar picks?”

“On the bus. What.” I raised my eyebrows. “A hot girl?”

“Pfffft.” Jay laughed. “Yeah. Thanks man.” He hurried out to the bus. When he was gone, I looked for Chelsea again. This time she was already staring at me. I grinned and mouthed “Hey.” She smiled, her gaze went from my eyes all the way down, all the way back up.

“That wasn’t obvious at all.” Maika stepped in front of me.

“What?”

Maika laughed. “You two have been eyeing each other the whole time.”

“Have not,” I lied before taking a sip of my drink.

“Just stop resisting each other.” and with that Maika left.

 

Grabbing my jacket off a table I headed to the front door to say goodbye to Chelsea.

“Hey Chels. Thanks for coming,” I pulled her in for a tight hug, taking in the scent of vanilla.

“Yeah, thank you for inviting us!” The hug seemed to last a little longer than it needed to. But I definitely was not complaining.

“Let’s get going,” Derek mumbled.

Chelsea gave him a key, “I’ll meet you in the car.” Derek slammed the door shut behind him.

She stepped closer to me and whispered, “Look, I’m sorry about how Derek is acting. He’s being stupid.” Her brown eyes gazed into mine.

“It’s no problem. If you need anything, call me alright?”

She nodded and turned to leave. “Thanks, Chris.” It seemed like she was lingering before she left, then she shut the door.

What if Maika’s right.?

Maybe we do need to stop resisting each other.