Bye Bye Blackbird

Hands in the Air Now!

"Everyone! Hands in the air now!" Yelled Pierpont to the civilians in the bank. We raised our guns and a few people started screaming. I followed a bit behind John as he walked towards the bank president.

"Let’s play a game Mr. President. It’s called spin the dial." He pushed him towards the safe. After it was open he handed him a bag and ordered him to fill it.

"We got company!" Hamilton yelled from the front of the bank nodding outside to where Homer was stationed.

"Grab someone." John instructed me. I nodded and walked to a man near Pierpont.

"Come with me." I instructed in my well practiced tenor. John had grabbed an olive skinned woman and we all walked to the car. The cops started taking wary shots at us because of the hostages.

"Let’s go!" John yelled, hitting the top, once we were all hanging on and Red took off. Once we were a good distance away we were able to climb back into the car.

"You know," Hamilton said, sidling up to the girl John grabbed. "When I’m not doing this I’m doing casting for movies." We all laughed.

"Really?" She asked wide-eyed. He nodded sincerely. She turned to me and held out her hand with a seductive smile. "I’m Billie Frechette." I looked at her hand and smirked. This was a first.

"Trust me Honey. You ain’t my type." I was used to men coming on to me but really.

"Is that so, Frankie Dietrich?" She asked again trying to be seductive.

"Yeah. It really is." I didn’t dare make eye contact with any of the guys in fear of laughing. We arrived in a wood not far from the bank. John, Homer, Pierpont, and Hamilton took our two hostages and a length of rope to a large tree. I climbed into the passenger seat next to Red.

"That was ridiculous." I groaned narrowing my eyes as John took off his coat and hat and gave them to Billie. Though I was referring to earlier.

"No. That was hilarious." He chuckled." I rolled my eyes and punched his shoulder lightly. "That wasn’t very lady-like." He scolded

"Good thing I’m not a lady right now. I could grow a moustache and walk around without a shirt on and JUST NOT GIVE A DAMN!" He laughed at me as they started to walk back to the car.

"I wouldn’t mind if you walked around without a shirt on." He grinned.

"I’m sure."

"You’re sure of what?" John asked getting in

"Sure that you gave that floosy your coat, John Dillinger." I changed the subject saving Red.

"She said it was cold. Besides I’m getting a new one anyway."

"Uhh huh."

"Hey," he said leaning over the seat. "Kiss me." I narrowed my eyes at him but did it anyway. "You’re my girl, don’t you forget it." He stroked my hair briefly. I just nodded and he sat back.

"I’m bored." John declared. "We’re going to Florida."