‹ Prequel: Sapphire.
Status: Just getting started....:-)

Echo

Chapter Twelve: Home

Wow, he was mad.
“He went into my memories when he kissed me.”
“At a boy for the kiss. Dumbass boy for going through your memories.”
I smiled, and Lizzy shook her head.
Out of no where, a girl around my age flew around the corner, a very handsome blond guy hot on her heels.
“GABRIEL! STOP!” She cried, giggling even as she ran.
She was so into getting away from Gabriel that she didn’t see me.
That is, until she slammed into me.
“Ow.” I said, though it was a major understatement.
She was on top of me, and I was a thankful that she was about the size of Lizzy and didn’t weigh much.
“Are you ok? I am so sorry!” She apologized, sounding just like Lizzy.
I guess this is Echo’s sister.
She hopped off of me, her adorable little face apologetic.
“I’m ok. No big deal. At least you didn’t hurt as much as the demon that bit me.”
“THAT WAS YOU?” Ash’s voice was filled with rage. “That son of bitch demon doesn’t know what it’s been through! I’m gonna rip his innards through his nostrils and I’ll…”
“Already done, dad.” Everyone turned toward the stairs to see Echo walking down.
I hate to admit it, but I got butterflies in my stomach when I saw him.
I thought he would be looking at his dad, but he had eyes only for me, and though I hate to admit it, it made me feel good inside.
I looked away to look around the room.
Which made me feel worse.
Ash had his arms wrapped around Lizzy’s waist, and Echo’s sis was in Gabriel’s arms.
Each and everyone of them were content.
I felt so lonely.
Until Echo put his arms around me.
But I was mad at him-darn it!- and couldn’t stand there and do nothing.
So I gave myself a second to lean my head against his chest.
Only for a second.
But when I raised my head up and pulled myself from his arms, both Lizzy and Echo’s sis-I really need to find out her name- gave me knowing looks.
I gave them a sheepish look back, but I shook my head.
They gave me a look back that made me feel like one of the family.
Like I was home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscriptions? Love?