Status: New! I'm not a crazy fan of Twilight, but I have watched the films up to date and I like the idea of imprinting, so enjoy!

Born to Be Special

Chapter 1

She was the prettiest little thing he had ever laid eyes, naturally to him. No, scratch that. She was absolutely, indescribably beautiful, to say the least. Sure, she was only a little bundle of a thing, literally being half the size of his human head, but she was positively...

"Gorgeous..." Embry breathed out, a little happy sigh escaping his lips as he gazed down at the most adorable sight he'd ever seen. He slowly lent forward and reached a hand over, gently stroking her chubby little cheek.

He could already feel everything he held most important and dear to him just slip away, himself slipping away from the Earth, only to be grabbed softly at the ankles and keep him firmly on the ground, where he should be, by her... His, now, nearest and dearest, forever.

He never thought that this imprinting lark would actually happen to him. He did often dream of it, though, to be honest, he didn't seem to bothered until lately, when he realized that he was literally the only one left in his pack without his soul mate. He never actually spoke of how that felt to his pack members, his brothers. He didn't want their pitty or for them to worry about him. He didn't want to get in the way of their happiness, though it bothered him having to constantly hear their thoughts of their beloved imprints.

Embry smiled brightly down at her. He understood now. "What are you gonna call her?" He asked, the wide smile never leaving his face as he looked up at the bundle's exhausted mother.

She lent her back against the hospital bed board, clutching the new born to her chest. She smiled down at her, gazing adoringly at her daughter before grinning up at the 18 year old Quilette boy. "Why don't you name her?" She asked, giving him an affectionate smile. "I mean, you did imprint on her..." She trailed off.

Embry rubbed the back of his neck nervously, sending her a sheepish smile. "You saw that?" He stated rather than asked, though it came out as more of a question.

She giggled slightly. "We've been best friends since we were in diapers, Embry. You're my best friend. I know all your secrets." She gave him an obvious, knowing smile and he returned it with a small and shy smile. "I know all the legends off by heart and I did have an incling as to why we seemed to get extra close after I got pregnant and now I know why. My unborn child was destined to be your imprint. It happened to Jacob and Bella, remember? It's destiny." She smiled cheerfully at him before looking down at her adorable bundle.

"Okay." Embry smiled. "Um..."

She looked back over at him, wearing a small smile. "Wanna hold her? You haven't yet." She stated, her smile growing as she gently raised the bundle towards him.

"Are you sure?" He asked hestitantly, his eyes widening slightly as he neared the bed slowly.

She chuckled and nodded with a grin. "It might help you name her." She smiled adoringly from the baby to Embry.

Embry stood at the side of the bed and bent down slowly, holding his arms underneath hers.

"One hand under the head and the other under the back. Just keep her head up, okay?" She whispered.

Embry nodded slowly, a look of deep concertration on his face and his eyes never leaving the bundle as she was placed slowly in his arms. He slowly stood up, clutching her to his chest and grinning down at her when she slowly opened her eyes and looked directly at him.

She was silent and still, just staring up into his face.

His grin grew wider, if possible before he lent down and placed a soft kiss on her tiny forehead.

"Maxxii." He grinned down at the bundle before grinning over at his imprint's mother.

"After my mother?" She grinned back at him.

He nodded. "Same spelling." He grinned before sighing softly. "She would have been proud of you."

She nodded sheepishly at him, a small smile on her lips.

"I'm hungry. Are you?" He suddenly asked, changing the subject, knowing it was a tender one.

She smiled up at him and groaned loudly. "God, yes! Starving!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Just to let you know, I know next to nothing about babies, but I do find them adorable, like most people. :)
Comments? Please?