Status: New! I'm not a crazy fan of Twilight, but I have watched the films up to date and I like the idea of imprinting, so enjoy!

Born to Be Special

Chapter 2

7 years later...

7 years later and Embry still looked altogether the same. The only thing that had really changed was his body structure. He'd gotten a few inches taller, now being at 6'6 and his shoulders, chest, arms and just about everything else had gotten broader and bigger, though he still looked lean, not at all butch like Jake. His face remained the same, though and he still kept his hair in a short and slightly shaggy mop.

Naturally, he'd spent literally every day with his imprint and most days with her mother, too, being best friends with her anyways.

She was all too happy to let Embry spend all the time in the world with her daughter and Maxxii didn't exactly complain, either. She loved Embry with all her heart. Just as she loved her mother, but she knew of the special connection between her and her Embry.

She also knew what he was, from a young age, just like Emily and Sam's son knew what that his father was a shape-shifting wolf, there to protect the reservation of La Push and the people in it.

Embry was her hero and she oftened told him, making him grin the widest and proudest grin everytime.

Embry grinned to himself, just thinking about that. He lent casually against the hood of his Mustang and waited patiently, eyeing the school gates closely for any sign of his imprint.

He suddenly smiled in relief when he saw a glimpse of her love blond hair and then a second later he saw that she had spotted him and smiled wider back at her.

She grinned excitedly and rushed through her school mates and over to him, jumping up at him.

Embry quickly and easily caught her in his arms and held her up on his waist, smiling into those pretty milk chocolate orbs. He adored her little freakles placed on the tops of her little puffy cheeks.

"Good day?" He asked her cheerfully.

She nodded at him with a grin, pulling her bag over her shoulder.

"I promised mom ice cream. How about it?" He asked her, a knowing smile on his face before using his free hand to take her bag from her, placing it over his own shoulder.

She suddenly giggled, looking at her pink Hello Kitty bag on his shoulder. "You look silly, Embry!" She squealed in excitement at the idea.

He chuckled and poked her softly in the slightly chubby, but adorable belly.

She giggled once more at the contact and shied away from him playfully. "Ice cream!" She yelled, changing the subject.

Emrby smirked. Smart 7 year old, he thought smugly to himself, proud.

He rolled his eyes dramatically at her and sighed."Oookay." He droned, nodding his head side to side and making a silly face, poking his tongue out at her.

She giggled some more, poking him in the chest and frowning up at him playfully.

"Wolfy's skin is hard." She whined, sucking her aching finger.

Embry chuckled, leaning forward and kissing her forehead. "C'mon, ice cream makes all things better."

"That's what mom says." She grinned. He smirked slightly.

"Yeah, you'll know why when you're mom's age." He chuckled, seeing her giving him a curious look.

*

After grabbing 6 large tubs of all kinds of ice cream and cookie doe and paying for all of them, he carried the bags back to his car, managing to hold Maxxii's hand and crossing the dark car park at the same time.

He unlocked the car, shoving the ice cream in the back, away from his body heat and then placed Maxxii in the back seat, too, not wanting her in the front until she was old enough.

He strapped her in, but when he went to stand up right an awful feeling washed over him, making his entire body stiffen for a few moments.

Maxxii noticed immediatly. "What's wrong, Embry?" She asked quietly, knowing it was probably serious with Embry being what he is.

He shook his head, trying to shake the feeling off. "I, uh, I dunno." He looked at her, with a confused frown.

He never lied or held information from his imprint. She was very mature for her age. She always was. Just like her mother, really.

He smiled slightly a her. "Let's just get home okay?"

She nodded, smiling faintly.

He smiled, keeping calm for her sake.

He stood up and closed the door, opening his own and getting in the driver's side. He closed the door, starting up the engine and quickly reversed out of his space before speeding off half heartedly, not wanting to endanger his imprint.

What is going on? Why did he have this really bad, gutch wrentching feeling?
♠ ♠ ♠
Listening to Move That Body by Nelly ft. Akon & T-Pain. I recommend it. Whatever music you're into, if you're anything like me, this son will get your hips swaying. ;)
Comments? Please?