Status: New! I'm not a crazy fan of Twilight, but I have watched the films up to date and I like the idea of imprinting, so enjoy!

Born to Be Special

Chapter 3

The horrible feeling that Embry had deep in his gut spread and increased as he drove closer back to his imprint's (and her mother's) home. He glanced at his hands grasped anxiously around the steering wheel and noticed his knuckles had turned incredibly white so he loosened his grip slightly and made himself relax for Maxxii's sake. He didn't want to make her nervous or scare her, but the bad feeling was getting worse. He only ever got this feeing when his imprint or her mother was in danger.

Carlisle Cullen as well as Billy Black were both astonished by the fact that Embry's and even Jake's connections to their impints spread to their imprint's mother. Jake, indeed still felt when Bella Cullen was in danger. However, both shifters had been very close friends with both their imprint's mothers since they were all very young toddlers, so Billy guessed that that had something to do with is, while Carlisle had some more mystical theories.

Within another 3 minutes, Embry pulled up at the end of the driveway, not wanting his imrpint anywhere near the house incase there was trouble or danger or both and killed the engine, pulling his keys out and shoving them into his jean pocket before turning around in his seat and glancing back at Maxxii.

She shot him a curious look, seeming calmer than him and of course, he knew she knew something was up, because he was sure she noticed how odd and uneasy he was acting.

He gave her a faint smile, while thinking how brave his little angel was. "Stay in the car and wait for me to come back and get you, okay?" He asked her, trying to keep himself calm, though inside his heart was racing at what he might find inside the house. You never new in La Push, especially since it was a hot spot for the supernatural. He just hoped with all his heart that either Maxxii's mother was safe and sound inside the house or out and about if something nasty did happen to be waiting inside for Embry.

Maxxii frowned slightly, looking a little worried, but more for her Embry's sake. She knew her mommy was smart and strong enough to take care of herself, her mother was her fountain of knowledge and life line, so was Embry and he really could look after himself, being a shape-shifting giant stallion sized wolf, but that was all the more reason for her to worry. She knew what kind of danger he had to face and she knew she could lose him at any moment and that scared her to death. True, she was a rather smart 7 year old. It was something that kind of scared Embry and her mother sometimes, though in a good way, of course, but she would every so often shine a bit brighter than even a grown adult's mind could shine.

Embry would always just say that she was special and not just because of the imprint bond. He really believed it. And he had the rest of his pack to back him up on that.

"Embry," She paused and he replied with a questioning look at her, waiting for her to finish. "Promise me you'll come for me." She said rather sadly, averting her eyes frm his and staring down into her lap.

Embry frowned slightly, wanting to believe that she meant for him to come back to the car, but it seemed like she knew something he didn't. His frown increased, his heart literally feeling like a hand had wrapped around it and kept painfully squeezing it. He winced slightly from the pain, closing his eyes and sighing before reaching his fingers under her chin, making her look into his eyes. "I promise." He said in a low and serious tone. "I will ALWAYS come back for you." He sighed sadly when she just nodded, but kept quiet. "Anyway," He smiled cheerfully at her. "I'll only be a sec'." He told her, opening his door and stepping out.

He shut his door and immediatly locked her in, like it was enough to settle him. He really didn't want to leave her, but he really didn't want to risk her safety by taking her and either her getting hurt if he had to phase incase of danger or the danger itself hurting her. He would never forgive himself. He wouldn't know how to live.

He shot her a wide smile before walking up to the house. Quickly, he noticed the door was open about a foot wide, but not before he smelt a musky sort of smell with a hint of what he recognized to be Scotch Whiskey. He frowned to himself slightly, rushing into the house when he smelt the familair scent of blood and he knew who's it was.

Carla's. Maxxii's mother.

His heart raced and he rushed around, checking the rooms and then rushing upstairs, straight to her bedroom. He barged through the door and gagged slightly at what he saw, even though he'd seen worse things, it was very different when it was someone so close to you.

Carla was laying back on her bed, just wearing her bra and panties, blood everywhere, even up the walls from the slashes made all over her half naked body and to make it worse, if possible, her eyes had been literally gouged out, only her bloody sockets remaining now.

Embry's heart raced so hard and fast that it hurt like fucking crazy, his eyes widened so much he was afraid they'd dry up and fall out. He felt breathless, weak at the knees.

A loud noise that sounded like glass breaking suddenly snapped him from his trance as his head snapped equally as fast towards her bedroom window.

He quickly realized that someone was breaking into his car and turned on his heels, literally leaping down the staircase and running full pelt back out of the house and over to his car and immediatly saw that Maxxii was GONE.

"FUCK!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally updated!
Comments? Please?