Status: New! I'm not a crazy fan of Twilight, but I have watched the films up to date and I like the idea of imprinting, so enjoy!

Born to Be Special

Chapter 4

"FUCK! SHIT! FUCK! FUCKING --" Embry couldn't give a shit if he woke the whole damn neighbourhood with his volume as he paused to take a breath. "FUCK!" He yelled out, glancing back at his smashed window and his missing imprint.

A million thoughts ran through his mind in that moment, but he somehow managed to pull himself together before taking off by foot to Quil's house, which was only 5 minutes away. He would have phased and ran on all fours to get there faster if he wasn't so close to the people's homes. He didn't want to risk being spotted and having more to deal with and besides, he was fast enough, being more endurable than the average human. Being only half human had it's advantages, to say the least.

Embry hadn't even broken a sweat as he burst into his best friend's house, his heart only racing for his missing imprint. Waltzing straight into the living, Embry's eyes quickly landed on Quil, who had Claire (his own 12 year old imprint) sitting beside him as they watched the TV.

Quil quickly sat forward when he saw his friend's distressed face and frowned in concern up at him, Claire pulling the same worried expression as she drank in Embry's appearence. To say the least, he was VERY anxious. "What's going on, man?" Quil asked.

Embry gulped, looking down at his feet with a shameful look on his face. He felt absolutely fucking useless. He wasn't there to protect Carla when she needed him and he didn't keep his promise to come back for Maxxii. Who knows where she was now or who even took her or if she was okay. Embry quickly tried to calm the nerves running cold in his veins. It felt odd and uncomfortable for his usual warm temperature.

"Embry, tell us what's wrong? Quil can help you." Claire piped up, her voice gentle and understanding. She knew something was clearly wrong as she glanced at Quil who gave her a quick nervous smile for her help.

Embry ran a hand through his hair roughly, nearly ripping it out before looking over at the 2. "Carla's dead." He blurted out.

Quil immediatly stood up, pulling Claire gently to her feet and turning to her. He looked down at her and smiled warmly. "Claire, go get a whatever you need. Look's like you're staying with aunt Emily tonight." He told her, tucking a small strand of mousey brown hair behind her little pixie ear.

She smiled back up at him as best she could after what she had just heard and nodded before sending a warm smile to Embry and walking out of the room.

When Quil knew she was out of hearing range, he turned to Embry with a rather terrified look on his face. "What the fuck is going on?" He asked calmly, wanting the full story.

Embry felt tears reaching the brims of his eyes, but somehow managed to keep them in as he replied. "Carla's fucking dead!" He cried, cursing himself in his mind at not being able to hold onto his tears afterall. He blinked a few heavy tears away as he glanced at his shoes and then back up at Quil. "I picked Maxxii up from school. I drove us to the store to pick up some ice cream, like I always do on a Friday. I get a fucked up feeling on the way home and tell Maxxii to stay in the car. I walk into the house to find Carla on her bed, blood everywhere. Her eyes fucking gouged out of her head! And now Maxxii's fucking gone and it's all my stupid fucking fault!"

"Maxxii's gone?" Quil asked, his expression shocked. He knew how hard it must be. He could see the pain in Embry's eyes as he stared up at him, tear still silently falling down his face.

Embry nodded feverishly. "I came back to the car to find the back window smashed and Maxxii fucking gone! Quil, what the fuck am I gonna do?" He asked rather pathetically and hopelessly.

Quil sighed, hearing Claire walking back down the stairs. "We're gonna take Claire to Sam's and round up the gang and the other imprints. We don't know if their targets, too."

Embry nodded, sniffing as he rubbed his eyes furiously.

"Hey, man, don't worry. We'll get her back." Quil smiled encourangingly at him, patting his shoulder.

Claire suddenly appeared at the doorway. "We ready to go?" She asked, looking between both shifters.

Quil turned round and grinned at her, nodding. "Yup. Let's go, Claire Bear."

She rolled her eyes slightly. "You're going to have to stop calling me that soon."

Quil grinned. "Never."

Embry sighed sadly to himself, following behind. He would never forgive himself if something happened to Maxxii. He aready could never even think to forgive himself for Carla, his bestest friend of all, since diapers murder. He didn't think, no, he KNEW he couldn't live if something bad happened to Maxxii, or worse...
♠ ♠ ♠
I have an imprinting story between Claire and Quil coming up soon. I feel Quil gets the least love out of all the shifter wolf boys and to be honest, he's always been my real favourite. Lovely, sweet, chocolate wolf, he is. :)
Comments? Please?