Status: New! I'm not a crazy fan of Twilight, but I have watched the films up to date and I like the idea of imprinting, so enjoy!

Born to Be Special

Chapter 5

Meanwhile...

Maxxii didn't know where she was, all she knew was that she was no where near Embry, she could no longer feel him like she usually could.

Embry had told her this was because of the connection they shared with one another, but her mother and uncle Sam thought different; they told her that she was special in some way, even if they didn't know how, that's what they strongly believed since Maxxii had proved on many occassions that she was more tuned in with Embry than the rest of the imprintee's were with their imprints for some reason. She was special.

Maxxii smiled to herself, taking comfort in just thinking of Embry and the rest of her family, though thinking of Embry gave her the most comfort of all. She sighed sadly to herself, missing them all terribly as she glanced around the room she was being held captive in for the millionth time.

The room was bare with nothing, but a wooden chair and a dirty old mattress (sprayed with what clearly was blood splatters), the white painted walls seemed to gone a grimey faded yellow colour and the dark blue carpet was filthy and greasy. Sadly, the only large window on the right wall was boarded up, though it didn't matter, she was tied by thick rope to the wooden chair, a foot away from the end of the mattress.

Her joints and muscles ached, her bound wrists and ankles feeling the worst of it after being constricted for so long. She was sure she had been there for more than a few hours now. She could see the Sun begining peaking through the darkened room slowly.

Embry will come for me. He promised he would. She thought to herself over and over again.

Suddenly, she heard the door knob turning slowly after hearing it being unlocked, causing her gaze to snap in the same direction.

Slowly and surely, the tall man that had broken Embry's window and took her from him entered and closed the door behind him. He was still wearing his knee length black leather jacket, black t-shirt, jeans and boots and he still smelt of that horrible alcohol stuff that adults liked to drink. His shoulder length dirty brown hair clung down either side of his stubbley face. He smelt and looked as though he hadn't bathed in a very long time. There was a rather miserable, though angry glint in his hazey dull green eyes, which were half lidded. He was rather chubby, too.

He suddenly smiled a wicked smile down at her, which is when she noticed a small pocket knife in his right hand. He approached her slowly, almost creeping up to her. "Hello, angel." He smirked, his voice sounding rather slimey, if slime ever had a noise.

Something inside of the 7 year old snapped as she angrily glared up at him. "Don't call me angel!" She yelled up at him defiantly. Only MY Embry calls me angel. She thought to herself, still angry with the man. The bad man. He was the one her mother had told her about.

Anger clearly flashed in his eyes as he quickly reached forward, slapping her with his right hand and swiping the blade accidently across her cheek drawing a small line of blood to errupt from her tender russet skin.

She flinched slightly, desperately keeping ahold of the painful gasp wanting to escape from her throat. Her mother told her to never scream or cry for the bad man. He didn't deserve it. It would only make him stronger.

"See what you made daddy do!" He snapped down at her, reaching his other hand over to her small wound.

She flinched away from him rather aggressively, glaring up at him. "You're not my daddy!" She snapped back at him.

He growled under his breath slightly before being consumed into his thoughts. Huh, she's got daddy's temper. He thought, smirking widely to himself. He snapped out of his thoughts, grinning evily down at her before reaching his free hand into his back jean pocket. "Do you like masks, Maxxii?" He asked her, holding the material over his hand, letting her see it.

He smiled, seeing her eyes widen slightly. He continued when she kept silent. "True, it's not like other masks. No eye holes." He smiled, pointing the tip of his blade to the material. "But it's a special mask. I made it just for you. Let's try it on."

"I don't want to." She whimpered slightly, unable to help it. She was terrified of masks after having so many nightmares about them.

"I wasn't asking." He growled, roughly pulling it over her head.

She squealed slightly, her heart jack hammering inside her chest, though she tried to maintan calm, determinded to be brave for Embry and her mother. Embry will come for me. He promised. She thought over and over to herself frantically now before the bad man's voice and cackles snapped her from it.

"I'm going to untie you now and leave you for a while again. I want you to sit here with your new mask on and don't even THINK of trying to take it off. You're not the only one that's special, Maxxii. You're a little bit like daddy."

She could hear the grin in his voice and quivered slightly.

"I have eyes in the back of my head. Literally." He chuckled slightly. "I have eyes everywhere, Maxxii. Even in the walls."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm off for cookies! :)
Comments? Please?