Status: please leave feedback <3

As Long as You're Not Afraid to Just Run

"Usual attire of black."

My body jumped, like if I was falling. I wasn't even dreaming about if I was falling. I opened my heavy eyes before turning over to see Andy had finally gotten into bed. He lay, on top of the duvet his arm over my chest. I sighed.

I stared down at his face, he stank of smoke and it was frankly disgusting. Normally he didn't reck of the smoke, but obviously being in a room of smokers, he was bound to pick it up the scent.

My brain wondered what the time was and I hadn't a clue.

I sat up slowly making sure not to wake the train wreck next to me. Slowly I slandered over to where I had thrown my dress last night before checking the time. Close to 3am. I sighed before wondering who on earth would be up at this hour and whether there could be an iPhone charger anywhere. The battery was close to red. Maybe I should just go back to sleep.

Andy promised to take me shopping soon. I only had a few dresses left that were still reasonably clean. I looked over seeing he'd thrown out bag of clothes and other less important stuff by the door. We had everything but a bloody phone charger.

I didn't know what we could do. We were trying to get to get to Carson City, there he could rent a car as Las Vegas didn't know about our crimes yet, then from there to Vegas. He said he had a few friends in Vegas and well, we were going to start there for a few days or weeks before we were finally going to end up in Missouri where our most important person lived.

But we needed to find a way to Carson City. Our only way was foot, or random bikes and such we had come across. We need to lay low.

I laid back down, looking at him as I did. He seemed dead to the world and if I had a sharpie I would draw on his face.

This time, I woke up because someone was shaking me. Their fingers on my shoulders throwing me back and forth.

I opened my eyes looking up into the those oh so familiar blue ones. I rolled my eyes wondering if I should have jumped that time instead of taking his hand. Jumping those rooftops. Running, again. Maybe I should have just let myself fall.

His lips curved into a smile before he moved off the bed. He stood, waiting for me to obviously wake up. I sighed as I pulled myself up and looked at him.

"Would you like to shopping today?"

I laughed lightly before nodding wondering why he even bothered asking. He grabbed my arm pulling me to my feet before he pushed me to the bathroom. I laughed as he push me in there and shouting at me to get ready.

So began my morning routine of cleaning and making my self presentable. Andy never understood my fascination with floral dresses but he accepted them as I wasn't going to walk around naked for him.

The lighting was dim as the curtains were still pulled shut and the material was only thin. I smiled pulling out a white based dress with beautiful purple and pink painted roses on them. Andy made a scoffing noise at my choice before I slipped it on and placed on some flats as he placed on his boots which matched his usual attire of black.

He grabbed my hand as we walked down the hallway. There was talking in the living room and when we entered I noticed Sandra with a few other people. Andy smiled at them and they smiled back before into the joint kitchen we went. I laughed lightly as he helped himself to cheese as I grabbed a few biscuits.

The weather outside was modest. It was warm enough for only a jacket needed and to which I had borrowed one of Andy's. It fit snugly I must say.

I don't know why I did have a sense of nervousness as we walked towards the main street. Probably because we are wanted in California and we could be recognised. The blue lights could come along at any minute and that would be the end of us.

That terrified me.

But still, we walked along main street. Trying not to draw attention to ourselves, which was hard for the simple fact that we are strangers in a neigbourhood friendly town. We are the outcasts. I sighed softly seeing Andy already knew where the store was.

As we walked in, he kept his face away from the only cashier in the store. If we were ever recognised it was always because of him. He stuck out like a sore thumb to be honest.

He groaned lightly seeing me head over towards the dresses. I smiled brightly, giggling more to myself as I searched through them. I don't know why, but I love floral pattern. I think it's pretty whereas Andy thinks it needs to be burnt. He's determined to buy me a black dress, but none I have liked so far.

I smiled showing him a few dresses I'd picked out and he held up a back one. My smile grew seeing it was a fashionable one before he handed me a wad of dollars. I bit on my lip nervously as I walked towards the cashier. Andy stayed where he was with his back to us.

I placed the dresses down, my heartbeat was probably heard as the cashier looked at me weirdly. I scrunched my fists up waiting for her to ring up the dresses so we could leave. When she finally did she smiled at me softly.

"$44.55."

I sighed softly handing over the dollars.

"You two here on holiday?"

I smiled at her and nodded as she handed me the band. My spirit lifted thankful she didn't know about us. She handed me my receipt. I turned round smiling brightly at Andy before we walked out without a word still not spoken.

His silence always made me nervous.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took a while, I kept loosing this update constantly >.<
Hope you like

thank you for the comments <3