Status: Hopefully updated once a week.

Getting Back To Insanity

what's to come, what has been...

********
"Nye! Incoming!"
My head jerks up as I contort my body sideways, avoiding a hail of arrows. A parting gesture from the enemy.

"Thanks" I pant to Ryia, as she appears at my side. She simply nods, tossing her head slightly as a wisp of blond hair sneaks in front of her eyes. It's her vanity, that long blond hair. Most members of Resistance have their hair chopped off at their eyes, myself included. On the battlefield, long hair is a liability. And liabilities aren't really something we can afford. Not when our enemy is better trained, and better equipped.

Of course, we do have some advantages...like the fact our enemies are psychotic. Literally. Their leader is a paranoid schizophrenic, and it's not a fact she hides. She's proud of it. Almost as proud as she is of the world she's created; a desolate wasteland, with the occasional citadel scattered across it for the privileged.

Most children, when they're little, dream of a fairytale castle complete with a dragon or a ship sailing the ocean blue. Mary Firello...was not most children. And what our world- your world- will become, is the twisted landscape of her childhood dreams.

"When I was little, they told me I was crazy; that the world inside my head was not the same world I existed in. That it never could be.
As you can see...they were wrong"
-Mary Firello


She is what we're fighting. She, and the cult that let her conquer humanity. Humankind nicknamed them the 'Schizos'

They started off harmlessly enough. Once upon a time, they were simply a human rights group, fighting for better treatment of mental health patients.

The 'Schizos traveled all over, presenting a variety of programs at mental health homes across the country. 10 year old Mary Firello was visiting one of those homes for outpatient treatment when they were there. She decided to stay and listen...and the course of history was altered.

Nobody knows exactly what Mary Firello saw that day...what transformed her from a mild paranoid schizophrenic to a megalomaniac. Somehow, the 'Schizo's message of self empowerment, of reaching your goals despite your mental illness, reached her as a plan for world domination. When the 'Schizos referred to the mental health patients as simply 'differently minded' ( Ever since the physically disabled were officially relabeled as 'differently able', the 'Schizos had been pushing for mental health patients to become known as 'differently minded.'), Mary heard differently better.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure if I can properly explain to you guys, how awesome all your comments and subs are...so instead I'll just say thank you <3

I know this was a short chapter, and following ones will probably be longer. It will mostly be told in Nye's POV (the prologue was in her POV too)

Reviews and subs are always much appreciated!