Krystal

Penny

“Sports, sports, sports. Who likes sports?” I chanted as one of the popular girls drove me to school. Again, she was a newbie that probably didn’t have a chance.

“I…I like sports.” She stuttered. I glanced over at her with a smirk.

“Do you now?” She squirmed and I knew that I had hit home. She was worried that I was the judge. Yeah, if I should be so lucky. I was merely second in command. Sad, isn’t it? The only girl I knew by heart was Hayley. She could get you literally killed if she wanted to. Her mother was a police officer and her father was a judge. She was currently dating Fred, the school jerk. But no one ever said anything. Like I said, she could get you killed.

“What sport are you in?” I asked, leaning back in the seat.

“I’m, uh, in soccer.”

“Really? Me too! We can be soccer buddies!” I gushed. Okay, maybe that was a little too much. I loved soccer. It was my only passion, my only escape. But there were still people to please and blah blah blah.

“That would be great!” Her eyes widened as she parked the car. I jumped out and walked toward the school building, never looking back. I didn’t think that she would make it. And I was right. When she said something about Fred hitting on her (which he really did) let’s just say bad things happened in the bathroom that I was not a part of. I passed on the excuse that I had just gotten my hair done. Somehow, it worked. Hayley laughed and then took off. So, that left me without the other girls for a few minutes. That is, until I saw Victoria walking through the hall.

“Hey girl.” I called, walking up to her. She opened her mouth in greeting as I walked toward her. “I didn’t see you yesterday. You know, we cut for some good food. You should have been there. Anyway, I’ve got to go. Sports, ya know? It’s torture for them to make us all sweaty like this. Anyway, sweety, I’m having a party tonight. You should most definitely be there.” I pointed a finger at her and narrowed my eyes. “It’s a time for fresh meat. And you need to repair the damages done to your rep. I mean, come on…Vicky. Alrighty, hope to see you there. By love!” Okay, so I say a lot in a small amount of time. Sue me. I walked away quickly, ignoring anything she had to say. It was all pointless. At least, for now. I watched as the newbie took off crying. I kind of felt bad for her. Hayley walked up to me and hooked my arm with hers.

“Are you ready girl?” She asked with a smirk before dragging me away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read. Love. Subscribe. Comment.