Krystal

Mary

“So, food.”

“Yes. I had a craving for some chili fries.”

I watched as Jackie ordered her food, then ordered some myself. I ordered some fires and a coke. We sat there quietly, for we weren’t much for talking.

“What’re your plans for tonight?” Jackie asked suddenly eying me.
I shrugged. There wasn’t very much. “Maybe homework…that’s it I guess.”

“Hmm.” She smirked, leaning back in her seat. “Wanna hang tonight? There’s a party over at Dredge’s…”

I felt my lips curl in disgust.

“I thought so.” She sighed, shaking her head. “You have to get over one kiss. I mean, it happens. Just give up.”

“One kiss?” I asked, my eyebrow lifting. Yes, one kiss. I rolled my eyes at the statement. “Whatever. I don’t want to be any near him. Dredge is a creep.”

“A cute creep.”

“A do your own piercings creep. Trust me, I am perfectly fine without him.”

The waitress came up with our order, placing it down on the table before racing to the next table. She was pregnant, and seemed extremely tired on her feet. She must have been new. Usually Bess was the only waitress. The great, always there waitress.

“Well, that was rude.” Jackie commented, putting some fries in her mouth. “No tip from me.”
I honestly felt bad for the woman. After the meal, I slipped her a ten. I kept walking as she tried to call me back.
---
I sat on the ground in the park, hidden beyond sight. It was late and way past curfew. But I didn’t care. I flipped open my notebook and began to sketch some of the natural beauty of the park. There wasn’t much forestry and the plants were limited. But I didn’t care. I imagined how the park used to be and put it down on the sheet of paper.

“Let’s see here, what next?” I murmured, scribbling on the paper.

I closed my eyes and allowed my mind to expand. I suddenly saw a different world, and my hand scribbled faster and faster as I saw more and more. Lush grass here, giant, old trees there. Vines and shrubs dotted the landscape. The suns shone brightly, brilliantly! I recorded it with my fingers, eyes closed, focusing. I felt like I was close to something and yet far away. I took a deep breath before opening my eyes a bit. They flew open at what was on the page, and I gasped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dunh Dunh DUNH! Suspense! :) Love, comment, subscribe!