Status: First of seven one shots based of the Seven Deadly Sins and the Seven Heavenly Virtues.

Forever and Always

Forever and Always

Devin sighed angrily as he lit up his cigarette, running a hand through his greasy bed head. He had just slept with a random girl from the club he'd been at the night before. He pulled on his boxers before walking out to the balcony of his hotel room, exhaling the cancerous smoke from his lungs slowly.

He couldn't stop thinking about the only girl that he had ever loved, Magdalena Daily, the angel of chastity. Devin glared at the sunrise as he felt a single tear escape his eyes. He angrily wiped it away and took another puff of his Marlboro.

Stop thinking about her Devin, you're the demon of lust. You don't fall in love, he thought to himself before he tossed his cigarette over the ledge of the balcony.

The girl he had slept with was starting to wake up. He frowned, he didn't want to deal with her or what she thought could grow from what he considered his way of trying to forget her.

"Devin," the girl grinned sleepily, “Come back to bed I want more sex."

Devin chuckled as a wicked grin formed on his lips. Maybe this girl can help after all, he thought as he hovered over to the girl's nude body.

The girl kissed Devin lustfully, noticing how he seemed liked he didn't want her as much as he did the night before. She pulled away and frowned, “What’s her name?"

Devin frowned, “What do you mean?"

"I don't mind having sex for fun but you're thinking about someone else. What's her name?"

Devin sighed deciding to tell the girl in hopes that she'd give him pity sex. "Her name is Magdalena."

"Is she the one who got away?"

Devin scoffed, “More like the bitch who broke my heart."

The girl frowned, “What did she do? Did she not open her legs fast enough or was she a fuckin' tease?"

Devin growled, “Don’t talk about her. I don't want to remember her."

The girl nodded as she got off the bed and started getting dressed. "Maybe you don't want to forget her because you still love her."

Devin glared at the girl, “She’s gone. She's moved on so why shouldn't I?"

"Did you ever think it's not all about you," the girl yelled. "Magdalena loves you Devin! She's up there wishing she had clipped her wings for you."

"Who are you," Devin snarled as he pinned the girl to the wall by her throat.

"I'm Elle, a friend of Magdalena’s. She knew you wouldn't listen to her so she sent me to tell you."

Devin let go of Elle's throat and punched the wall beside her. "Tell her she can tell me how she feels herself!"

“She would if Gabriel didn’t have her under lock and key,” she wheezed out, regaining her oxygen supply that Devin had deprived her of.

“Well it’s her fault for being his little prodigy then,” he spat, sitting down on the ledge of the bed and taking in a shaky breath as he heard Elle’s next words.

“Magdalena didn’t leave because she wanted to Devin so quit acting like the victim. She left because she saw the ring and she was scared of what Gabriel would do.”

“He’s the right hand of God he can’t do shit,” Devin scoffed, not fully paying attention to all of what Elle said.

“She loves you Devin. She left to save you,” Elle yelled as her patience began to fade.

“She didn’t save me from anything Elle,” he mumbled. “She broke my heart and now I wish I wasn’t cursed with immortality. She changed me in more ways than I thought I could.”

Elle pulled Devin into a hug, knowing he was finally cracking after months of being away from Magdalena. Devin began to sob into Elle’s naked body, “I love her Elle. I love Magdalena so much.”

As Devin professed his love on Earth, Magdalena watched from above, tears falling from her face freely as she heard the words she had waited so long to hear. She knew what she had to do now. She had to find a way back to Earth from Heaven and clip her wings the only way she knew how, give into the sin of lust that dwelled inside Devin.

When Gabriel returned to check on Magdalena he spotted her lying on his bed. Gabriel hadn’t wanted to lock her in his chambers but he knew it was the only way to keep her pure until he married her. She was meant to be his since before she even knew him and he refused to lose her to some demon of Hell.

“Magdalena I have some good news,” he murmured as he lay beside her. He noticed her begin to awaken and pecked her lips.

“Unless it’s that your letting me go it isn’t good news Gabriel.” Magdalena spat.

“Maggie why must you be so upset with me, I did it for your own good,” Gabriel cooed as he brushed some of her long brown hair out of her face.

“I love him Gabriel and he loves me. He wanted to marry me,” she sobbed, her eyes widening as she revealed what Gabriel hadn’t know.

“Don’t lie of such things Magdalena. He doesn’t love you. He wanted your innocence.”

“Let me go down to Earth again. Let me prove to you that he loves me,” she pleaded.

Gabriel looked into Magdalena’s eyes and frowned. He didn’t understand how being on Earth for six months could have changed the young angelic prodigy and future bride. He kept looking into her eyes a sigh of sadness escaping his lips. “You have one week to have him prove his love to you,” Gabriel grumbled, not the least bit happy about the words he spoke.

Magdalena hugged Gabriel as more tears fell down her face. She was finally going to see Devin again. She would finally be able to be near him, feel his loving embrace and his lips on hers again. She moved away from Gabriel and grabbed an outfit to wear on Earth. She knew she couldn’t wear the usual attire of an angel to Earth; a golden robe of silk would definitely stand out.

The following morning Magdalena was allowed to leave Heaven and was left by Gabriel in Devin’s hotel room. Gabriel being aware that he was letting his demon of lust side out at the moment. Gabriel disappeared in orbs of blue lights and left Magdalena without a single word.

Magdalena let out a loud exasperated breath, she was beyond anxious to see him again. Gabriel had left her outside of Devin’s hotel room, inhaling sharply as the door opened before she could knock on it. Appearing out of the room a bleach blonde with an obviously plastic body from head to toe, the blonde kissed Devin harshly as he appeared from behind the door and pushed past Magdalena.

Devin’s eyes widened as he saw her, thinking he must be dreaming until he saw a single tear fall down her face. Magdalena wiped away the tear and bit her lip, “You win.”

Devin allowed Magdalena entrance into his room, unsure by what she had meant with the words she had spoken moments earlier. “What did I win?”

“I thought you loved me but I can see you’re still only after one thing,” she muttered. “Take what you wanted from me since day one. I don’t care if it damns me to Hell.”

Devin frowned, “Maggie I can’t do that. I won’t damn you to Hell.”

“Do it Devin. It’s what you wanted from the beginning and I’m not resisting anymore.”

Devin wiped away a stray tear that fell down her cheek and pecked her lips softy, “If I do this I’ll do it after I make you my wife.”

Magdalena’s eyes widened at Devin’s next move as he kneeled down in front of her, pulling a small black jewelry box from his pocket. He looked up into her eyes, opening the box slowly as his hands began to shake slightly. He never expected to ever be proposing to anyone especially an angel.

“Magdalena Jasmine Whitlock will you make me the happiest being on Earth, Heaven and Hell and be my wife.”

Magdalena’s eyes watered, her hands covering her mouth to soften the sobs escaping her lips as she nodded.

Devin grinned, placing the ring on her left hand, kissing her hand as he slowly stood up. A small chuckle escaping his lips as his new fiancé pecked his lips as she her tears slowly ceased.

“I love you Devin James Marsden.”

“I love you too Magdalena Jasmine Whitlock, forever and always.”