My 'Cool' Grandpa

Roxanne

**Rosie's POV**
Billie, Mike, Grandpa and I walked off stage. I hugged each of them in turn. We were all crying.

"Thank you SO much! I can't believe you would let me do that!" I said.

"That's fine," Mike grinned. "Just don't expect any birthday or Christmas presents for the next five, ten years."

I grinned back. "That's fine with me. It's worth it."

We all hugged each other and went to the little room where they were meeting the fans. Adrienne, Joey, Sarah, Jack, Jake, Ellie, Emma (who was still singing Happy Birthday) and Estelle came through the door.

"Oh my God!" said Adrienne. "That was so sweet! You've never let any of us do that!"

"Well, we've told her the conditions and she's fine with them," Billie explained, wiping the tears from his eyes.

A security guy popped his head round the door. "Mr Armstrong, Mr Dirnt, Mr Cool, the fans are here."

"Send them in," replied Grandpa, re-applying his make-up.

Everyone sat down. The door opened and the girl Jack had been staring at came in. Jack jumped up.

**Jack's POV**
The door opened. The girl from the audience came in. I jumped up. Everyone turned to look at me, including her. I felt my cheeks turn red and sat down hastily.

"Hi, I'm Billie Joe," Grandpa began. "This is Mike, Tre and Adie. We have our kids, Joey, Jake, Estelle and their wives, Sarah and Ellie. We also have our grandkids, Jack, Rosie and Emma." He said, indicating each of us as he said our names.

"OK, what's your name?" asked Tre.

"I..I'm Roxanne," she said.

Wow. Her name was as beautiful as she was. I could feel myself blushing again as she turned to look at me.

"Um, could I have your autographs?" she asked.

"Of course you can," Mike said, smiling. "After we've given you those, if you want, you can stay and talk to Rosie and Jack. Then we're all going out for dinner. If you like you can come?"

"Yeah, but check with your parents first," said Billie.

She turned pale and her eyes filled with tears. Mike pulled her into a hug and she started crying.

Mike took her outside. I listened at the door.

"Roxanne, what's wrong?"

"My parents died in a car crash yesterday."

"Well, that settles it. You're staying with us. You're coming on my tourbus and then you're coming to live with me, alright?"

"OK."

"Now, is there anyone else?"

"No, my grandparents died before I was born and my parents had no brothers or sisters. My brother died in the crash as well."

"Well, then In that case you are definitely coming. Now, come on. I'll get Rosie and Jack to come outside and you can mop up those tears."

I scurried away from the door.

"Rosie, would you go and put Emma to bed, please?" asked Ellie.

"Sure," Rosie replied, taking Emma and walking out.

Uncle Mike walked in. "Jack, would you go and keep Roxanne company seeing as Rosie is busy?"

My heart skipped a beat. "Yeah, OK."

Mike sat down and told the guys what was going on as I walked out. Her eyes were all red and she was wiping her tears away with a tissue. I stood there, awkwardly.

"Hey," she said. "D'you want to sit down?"

"OK." I sat down next to her. "So, what music d'you like, apart from the ovbious?"

"Well, Green Day are my favourite band," she began."Um, the Kaiser Cheifs are good, Pink, Avril Lavigne... "

"God," I interrupted. "Whatever you do, do NOT let Tre hear you say that!"

"What? That I like Avril... "

"Shhh! Haven't you heard? He once said 'If I ever meet her, I'll strangle her with her fucking tie!' Do NOT let Tre hear you say that!"

"Oh! OK, thanks for the warning."

**Rosie's POV**

I put Emma in her cot.

"He still likes ooo, Wosie," Emma said.

"Who, Jack?"

"Yup. He does love oo. But you no want go outside, Wosie, a bad thing is happens-ing."

"OK Emma." I tucked her in and gave her Mr Whirly

"Don' go outside, pese." Said Emma as she drifted off to sleep.

I walked out of the tent. I saw Jack and Roxanne talking. Suddenly, she leant in and kissed him. I ran back in the tent and threw up. My stomach had sunk. I couldn't believe it. I started crying.

"I told oo not go outside," said Emma, wide awake.