My 'Cool' Grandpa

Labour

**Rosie's POV**

Oh my God. I hate being a girl. Guys get it easy. Well, I only speak from a woman's point of view, but I don't think ANYTHING can compare with giving birth.

Oh, fuck. I'm so scared. I've got to give birth to TWO babies. In a row. Damn.

Anyway, Adie and I rushed into the hospital, Billie and Grandpa running in behind us. I looked towards Grandpa.

"Did you call him?" I asked.

"Yeah, Jack'll be here any second. He's really excited."

I smiled. Falsely. Oh God. I have no idea how to do this. I wish I'd paid attention in those classes Jack made me go to. I can feel I'm going to regret it.

I clutched my stomach again. Whoa, that hurt. Now I know why my Mom sometimes said that I was evil. ANYTHING that hurts this much MUST be evil.

Adie saw the look on my face. She came over and held my hand.
"Don't worry, sweetie, you're going to be fine."

**Jack's POV**
Oh my God. I'm driving to the hospital at about 90 miles an hour, on a road that says 40 miles an hour. Should I slow down?

Yeah, THAT'S the thing to be worrying about right now.

Well, yeah, because you could crash and die and never get to see your kids.

I slowed down slightly. I should really stop having arguments with myself.

I saw the sign for the hospital and turned in. I parked the car and ran in.

From what Grandma had said, Rosie was still in the early stages of labour and it would be a while yet.. but you never know.

I ran through the doors.

"Jack?"

Jesus, Mary and Twinkies. This is messed up.

I stared at the woman.

"R..Roxanne?" I stuttered. Oh fuck.

"Hi Jack!" she smiled. "Why are you here?"

"Um... Rosie's giving birth to our child. We got married about 8 months ago."

"Oh! Congratulations!"

What the fuck? She's congratulating me on having a kid with the girl I broke up with her to be with? This is messed up.

"Thanks. Um.. why are you here?"

"I got married two months ago and I think that I'm pregnant too!"

She gasped. "Wouldn't it have been amazing if I'd gotten pregnant earlier? Your kid and my kid could have been best friends!"

Yeah, she's right. That would be amazing and not at all awkward.

"I've.. got to go." I ran through the doors and found Grandma and Grandpa. Mom and Dad were on holiday in Paris. They were going to be so pissed off when they found out they were grandparents. Not because they were grandparents, but because they'd missed it.

"Hi Grandma! Hi Grandpa! Where's Rosie?"

"Through here, come with me." Grandma grabbed my hand and pulled me along the corridor. "What the Hell took you so long?"

"There was a lot of traffic." It was easier than explaining that Roxanne was here.

We went through a door. Rosie was sitting up in bed looking thoroughly fed up.

I walked over to her and gave her a kiss. "Are you OK?"

"Yeah, I've just got to push two huge babies through a tiny little hole. I'm fucking fabulous."

Whoa. I sure wouldn't miss her pregnant lady hormones. Rosie was scary like this.

"Don't worry, you're going to be fine."

"Easy for you to say. Why don't you try to push an orange through your nostril? Then you might get what I'm going on about."

Grandma and Grandpa walked out, slowly.

Rosie started crying. "I'm sorry Jack. I didn't mean to yell, I'm just really scared."

"Wow, those hormones are a bitch."

Tre had walked in. He came over and gave Rosie a hug.

"How are you?"

"I don't know. I'm scared and I'm really really scared."

Tre smiled. I held Rosie's hand as her face contorted with pain. I glanced at Tre.

"What's going on?" I yelled.

"Dude, it's called a contraction," Tre replied, eyebrows raised.

I blushed. "I'm sorry, I've never seen anyone give birth before. How am I meant to know?"

Rosie's face returned to normal and she glared at us.

"Wow guys, way to be supportive!"

"Sorry," Tre and I mumbled.

"Anyway, have you guys thought of any names?"

"Nope."

"Doesn't that worry you slightly?"

"Yup."

Once again, Tre raised his eyebrows. Grandpa and Grandma walked in.

"Hey sweetie, how are the contractions?" Grandma asked coming over to Rosie.

"I love them! They're so much fun! Each one's like a little party!" Rosie scowled. Then her face fell. "I'm sorry, Aunt Adie, I'm sorry."

Again she started crying. Grandpa and Tre looked really uncomfortable and quickly left the room.

***

It had been ten hours. Rosie was sitting on the bed, half asleep. Suddenly, her face was etched with pain.

"God, not again," moaned Tre.

"Yeah, Grandpa, they're so fucking hard for you!" yelled Rosie.

Tre looked shocked and embarrassed. There was a long silence.

"She has a point, you know," Grandpa remarked. He received scowls from Grandma, Tre and Rosie.

The doctor came in. "Hi, how long has it been since you came in?"

"Twelve and a half hours," Rosie replied.

"Well, let me see how you're getting on."

Grandpa and Tre went out to get some coffee for Adie and I.

"You're almost there, you're at nine centimetres."

"How long now?"

"Well, at the moment, you've gone at about one centimetre per hour, but the last centimetre is always goes more quickly."

Rosie fell back on the pillows. The doctor left the room. The door reopened. Jake and Emma came in. Emma came over to Rosie and gave her a hug.

"I had a dream about you last night." Emma said to Rosie.

"Oh really. What happened?" Rosie asked.

"You were eaten by a giant marshmallow."

"I really hope this doesn't turn out like your other dreams," Rosie frowned nervously.

"No, I'm just kidding. I didn't dream about you, I just wanted to freak you out." Emma giggled.

Jake came over, frowning at his daughter. "Emma, that was a horrible thing to do. Apologise."

"Alright. I'm sorry."

Rosie lurched forwards. Jake and Emma jumped back. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know," Rosie gasped. "You... .shit....might want to... .call the doctor."

Jake ran out of the room, as Grandpa and Tre walked back in, clutching cups of coffee.

Rosie grabbed my hand so tight I thought it might break. I stifled a cry of pain, as I sensed she might take it the wrong way. Then, we heard a sickening crack, and then, I did scream.