My 'Cool' Grandpa

Jimmy and Frankie

**Jack's POV**

Oh my God! Rosie broke my hand. It hurts so much. When I said so out loud, Rosie glared at me.

"OK, I'm sorry and everything, but what do you think hurt's more, having a broken hand or giving birth?"

Someone must have heard the scream, because a doctor rushed through the door. We explained what had happened. She called for another doctor, one for Rosie, one for me. The doctor fixed my hand while the other took Rosie out.

"Where is she going? Where is my wife going?"

"She's gone to the delivery room sir, I shall escort you there, but you'll have to be careful. You broke your thumb and middle finger."

"OK." We rushed out of the room and went to the delivery room.

"WHERE WERE YOU?!" yelled Rosie.

"Having my hand fixed." I offered her my unbroken hand. She seemed very surprised that I still trusted her, but grasped it tight.

"I can see the baby crowning," the doctor said. I kept holding Rosie's hand, but walked away a little so I could see the baby.

It was disgusting. And huge. How the Hell was she doing this? It must have hurt so much. I couldn't believe it.

"What... do... you... .see?" Rosie asked.

"Shoulders... oh, oh, fingers, stomach, IT'S A BOY!"

OH MY GOD!!! I'm a Dad! I have a son! I can't believe it! This is just so cool! I'm a Dad!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!

Rosie was leaning back on the pillows. They brought the baby over. It had my black hair and green eyes, the trademark of the Armstrong men, but it definitely had the Cool family nose.

The doctor gave the baby to a nurse to clean it up.

"Mrs Armstrong-Cool, the second baby is coming."

"I already had a baby, leave me alone," Rosie whined as I pulled her into a sitting position.

"Ah, I can see the baby crowning."

Hee hee. Déjà vu. I walked down to see the baby.

"What do you see this time?"

"I see a head, neck, shoulders... .. arms, fingers, stomach, IT'S A GIRL!! We have both!"

The doctor smiled and handed the baby to the nurse to clean it up. He walked out of the room.

Rosie was leaning back, exhausted. A nurse came in, to take Rosie to a recovery room. Another nurse handed me one of the babies. We carried them both down the hall, to the room where they would stay overnight.

I sat down with the baby. The nurse handed the boy to Rosie. She held him close and smiled at me.

"Well done," I smiled, kissing her.

**Rosie's POV**

The door to the recovery room opened. Grandpa, Billie and Adie walked in.

"Oh my God," gasped Adie. "They're so beautiful!"

Jack and I smiled at each other.

"What are they?" asked Billie, smiling down at his great grandchildren.

"Duh, babies," replied Grandpa, raising his eyebrows.

"This is a girl," said Jack, smiling. "And the one Rosie is holding is a boy."

"You have one of each!" gasped Grandpa.

"Have you guys thought of any names?" Billie asked.

"No, we really should think of some," I replied.

"I know! For a boy, Tre Junior, for a girl, Treina!!" Grandpa declared.

Jack and I exchanged glances. I mean, we like Grandpa's name, we just want something different.

"Um.. Tre, let's go call Mona and Joey and Sarah to let them know the babies have been born," Adie said, sensing that Jack and I needed to talk about this.

They left the room, closing the door behind them.

"Hmm," Jack muttered. "What do you think of Jela?"

"Excuse me?" I said. "Are you serious?"

"Yup, it's Swahili, it means 'Father suffered during birth'."

"I'm sorry for breaking your thumb and finger," I smiled. "But we are not calling either of the babies that."

"Well, what about Jimmy?" Jack offered.

I looked down at the baby boy in my arms. My son. He looked like a Jimmy.

"OK, but I want you to promise that he will not hear the song 'St. Jimmy' until he is older than ten."

I don't want my son thinking he's a saint. Men are big-headed enough as it is.

"Alright, fine. What about this little one?" Jack smiled down at our daughter.

"Hmm, how about Francesca?" I thought of Grandpa and my father. It would be nice to name her after them, in a way.

"Yeah, that's beautiful."

We heard a knock on the door. Adie, Billie, Grandpa, Jake and Emma came in.

"What did you call them?" Emma asked.

"This is Francesca and that is Jimmy," Jack said.

Billie and Grandpa's eyes lit up.

"Coming at you on the count of 1, 2!"

"NO!" Jack and I said simultaneously.

"He is not hearing that song at his age!"

"Fine."

Everybody wanted to hold the babies, so I gave Jimmy to Adie and Jack gave Francesca to Grandpa.

**Jack's POV**

I passed Francesca carefully to Tre. He looked exactly like her, except she was a baby girl and he was a 79 year old man.

I looked towards Rosie. She was asleep in her bed. I kissed her forehead.

I couldn't believe that I was a father. 2 weeks and 14 or so hours later than we thought, but still, a father.

I watched my Grandparents, Uncle, cousin and Tre cooing over my children. I felt so proud of Rosie and of them.

A doctor walked in the room. "Sir, there's a Mr and Mrs Armstrong on the phone. They sound upset."

I stifled a laugh and followed the doctor out to speak to my parents.