My 'Cool' Grandpa

Hospitalized

**Recap**
We're in the car now. Dad drives really fast. It's cool, but sort of scary at the same time. There's a really sharp corner coming up, I wish he'd slow down. It's really freaking me out, Mom too. He should slow down, he can't see round the corner, something could be... .

SHIT!! DAD STOP!!!

I woke up. That's odd, I don't remember falling asleep. My eyelids weighed a ton. Every part of me ached and I could hear beeping and murmuring voices.

"What if she's not OK? I can't lose her Billie, I just... .. Billie, did you see that?!! She moved!!"

"Yeah, Tre I saw!! She moved!! I think she's trying to wake up! Look, see her eyes are fluttering!!"

I opened my eyes and was blinded by whiteness. My eyes adjusted, and I saw Grandpa and Uncle Billie sitting by me.

"Wh... Wh... Whe... Wha... " I started to say. My throat felt like sandpaper and talking fucking hurt.

Grandpa shushed me.
"Don't worry Rosie, you're OK. The important thing is that you're OK. You're in hospital, sweetie. You had a little accident when you were driving here."

Huh. When Grandpa said I 'had a little accident', it sounded as if I wet myself, not as if I got hurt so bad I was in hospital!

Billie chuckled and Grandpa smiled slightly.

"What?" I said.

"What you said about your 'little accident'." Billie replied.

Shit. I didn't realise I said that out loud.
Anyway, I started thinking about how it could have happened. We were driving really, REALLY fast and we were headed for that corner. Dad was... .

"DAD!!!" I yelled. Grandpa and Billie jumped. "Dad... and Mom!!! Where are they?!!!? Are they alright?!! Are they here?!!"
Billie and Grandpa didn't reply. Grandpa got up and walked to the window. I was scared now.
"WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THE FUCK MY PARENT'S ARE?!" I screamed.

Aunt Adie came running in, along with a nurse.
"Rosita, you're awake!!" Aunt Adie said, tears welling in her eyes as she gave me a huge hug.

"Come now dearie, you need to get to sleep. You've had a very hard time in the last few hours. And you two," she said pointing at Uncle Billie and Grandpa, "shouldn't be encouraging her. I thought you'd know better!"

That really pissed me off. I just snapped.
"STOP TALKING TO MY GRANDPA LIKE THAT YOU WHORE!!! IT WASN'T THEM IT WAS ME!! YOU CAN EITHER F.O.D OR TELL ME WHERE THE FUCK MY PARENTS ARE!! DON'T I HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW?" I yelled. The nurse stared at me, eyebrows raised. I wanted to knock that look right off her stupid face.

Grandpa turned to face me. His eyes were filled with tears and his cheeks were wet.
"Rosie, I know you're upset, but please don't yell or call people whores. When you've calmed down, maybe someone will listen to you."

I laughed out loud. As much as I felt sorry that Grandpa was crying, I wanted him to know how I felt.
"You hypocrite!! Don't lecture me about swearing!! Swearing made you millions!"

I gasped as I realised what I had said. I knew that Grandpa would most likely never speak to me again after this. Not only did I yell at him, but I basically said that he was a crap drummer and people only liked him 'cause he swore.
Granpa's face turned to stone and he walked out, followed by the nurse. Billie Joe turned towards me.
"Rosie, we all know you're upset and confused, but there was no excuse for that."
Then, Billie Joe walked out and I began to cry.

Aunt Adie walked over and put her arms round me. She hugged me and I cried and cried.
"I'm sorry Aunt Adie, I didn't mean to, I was just... "

"Shh sweetie, we know. You've been through a hell of a lot today and no one's had the decency to explain anything to you." She interrupted.

"Can you tell me what happened, Aunt Adie?"

"No Rosie, it's not my place."

I looked up as the door opened. Grandpa walked in. He looked at Aunt Adie. She nodded and walked out, closing the door behind her.

"Grandpa, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it. Please forgive me. I was angry. You're the best fu..oops, you're the best freakin' drummer in the world and the best Grandpa ever."

Grandpa came over and sat next to me. He took my hand.
"Rosie, I understand. You had every right to react that way. No one was considering your feelings at all. Rosie, you were driving down to see me this evening, when a truck came round a blind corner. It... it... " Grandpa was crying and he could barely get out his words. I knew what he was going to say next, I could feel it.
"The truck collided with your car. Your father was... your father... Frankie passed away instantly and your Mom passed away just as she was brought into the hospital. There was... There was nothing anyone could do. Rosie... Rosie!! Nurse, NURSE! What the fuck is happening?!"

A void closed in on me; I could feel pains in my chest and up and down my left arm. I felt peaceful at last. I kept seeing flashes of nurses and doctors, my Grandpa's face and my Mom and Dad. I could hear my Grandpa and Uncle Billie and Aunt Adie. They were sobbing and yelling. I felt pain, yet I didn't care.

*Tre's POV*
"The truck collided with your car. Your father was... your father... Frankie passed away instantly and your Mom passed away just as she was brought into the hospital. There was... There was nothing anyone could do. Rosie... Rosie!! Nurse, NURSE! What the fuck is happening?!" I screamed.
Rosie had fallen back onto her pillows. She was shaking and jerking. It looked as if she was being electrocuted. It was the scariest fucking thing ever.

The nurse ran in, closely followed by Billie Joe, Adrienne and more doctors and nurses. I could feel tears coursing down my face.

"What's going on? What's happening?" No one was listening. "WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?" I yelled.
Now I know exactly how Rosie had felt when no one would tell her what had happened to Rose and my little Frankie, my baby boy. I couldn't believe he was really gone. And now Rosie... .

"She's gone into arrest. We need to shock her." One of the doctors said.

"What's that? Is she... She's not going to?" I couldn't speak I was crying so hard.

One of the nurses came up to me. "Sir, would you step outside?"

"No I fucking won't step outside!! I need to be here for my granddaughter!"

"Sir, the doctors are finding it hard to concentrate because of your yelling. I am taking you to the relatives room. Now."
She took me, Billie and Adie outside. She led us through the hospital to a small room. We walked in and she closed the door.

"Mr. Cool, your granddaughter has suffered convulsions and a minor heart attack. Her heart stopped beating after she had another, major heart attack. The doctors are doing everything they can to recussitate her. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, Sir. I wil let you know any changes in her condition."
She walked out. I could feel myself shaking from the sobs that had taken over me. I heard Adie sobbing.

After a few minutes, the door opened. I jumped up. It was Ramona. She ran up to me and hugged me. I held on to her. She was my little girl, the only child I had left.

"Daddy, what's happening?" she asked.

I couldn't answer her, I was crying too hard.

Billie walked over to her. "Mona, Frankie, Rose and Rosie were driving to see your Dad, when... when a truck hit them. Frankie and Rose passed away, but Rosie... Rosie survived but she's just had a heart attack."

Ramona screamed, "NO! You're lying! You bastard!! How could you say that? Where's Frankie!? Where's my baby brother?! I want to see Frank!!"

I spoke up, I had to. "Mona, sweetie, Billie's not lying. Frankie... Frankie... " I couldn't finish. Mona ran up to me and hugged me.

The door opened and we turned around. The nurse walked in.
"Mr. Cool,"