My 'Cool' Grandpa

Tre in Hospital

**Rosie's POV**
So it's a week later and I am FINALLY leaving the hospital. WOO HOO!! I hate hospitals.

Grandpa came with Uncle Billie and Uncle Mike. He left them in the car, we got my stuff and we checked out. We were walking out of the hospital when we heard someone yell out.

"SELLOUTS!! FUCKING LOSERS!! YOU SUCK MAN!!!"

Grandpa turned round, quick as a flash and glared at this guy, stony faced.
"What did you say?" Grandpa demanded.

"I called you a sell-out, because that's what you are," The guy replied.

Uncle Billie and Mike got out of the car and walked over to us.

"Dude, what's going on?" asked Mike.

"Oh, look! The poor little sell-out can't even defend himself!" the guy jeered.

"Go fuck yourself, man." Mike looked at the guy like he was retarded, which he was.

"Oh, that's what you think I should do, but I'm gonna do this." The guy launched himself at Grandpa and hit him sqaure in the face. Then, he started kicking him.

I've got to admit, I screamed. It's NOT nice seeing your Grandpa get hit. Then the guy turned to me and I shut up.

"There is one way I can think of that he could learn a lesson." He raised his fist.

Suddenly, he was on the ground. Uncle Mike and Uncle Billie had both hit him at exactly the same time.
Security came running out, followed by some paramedics. They took Grandpa and the guy inside.

I looked at Grandpa and saw that he was unconscious. He looked so old and frail lying there and only then did I realise I was crying. Uncle Mike hugged me. I couldn't take it all in.

My parents were dead and I had nearly died, and now I'd seen some fucking asshole knock my Grandpa out.

"What the fuck is going on?" Uncle Billie demanded.

The nurse turned to him. "Who are you, sir?"

One of the doctors interrupted.
"He's Billie Joe Armstrong! Mr. Armstrong, I'm a big fan! I love your work and... "
Another doctor and a couple of nurses gathered round and were nodding and gabbling excitedly.

"WILL YOU FUCKING QUIT BEING DICKHEAD TEENIES AND TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON?!" Uncle Billie yelled over the noise.

"Yes Sir, sorry Sir." The doctor apologised. "Mr. Cool has been rendered unconscious due to repeated blows to the head. He has lost quite a lot of blood and is in a critical state. We are doing everything we can, I assure you, but we can't make any promises. It's touch and go from here on."

**Billie's POV**
Inside Billie's thoughts--
Whoa. That fucking asshole's going to pay. Rosie's been through enough, but to see her Grandfather beaten up and in this state...

If murder was legal, I swear...

Well, threats aren't going to amount to anything. Right now we need to look after Rosie.

**Rosie's POV**
"I want my Grandpa! How could anyone do that to him? Why did he do that to Grandpa?" I sobbed. I knew it was silly and childish, but I couldn't loose him as well.
"I hope that fucking dickheaded, fuckfaced, cock smoking, mother fucking, asshole, dirty twat, waste of fucking semen rots in Hell."

One of the nurses turned to me, eyebrows raised. She looked at Mike and Billie, expecting them to do something about the 'atrocious language I had unnecessarily displayed', as a teacher at my school once put it.

Uncle Billie merely said, "You stole the words right out of my mouth," and winked at me.

The nurse shook her head and turned back to the doctors and Grandpa.

I finally voiced my thoughts. "He's not going to die, is he?"

Uncle Mike and Billie exchanged looks and avoided the question.

"I'm just going to pop outside and ring Adie to let her know I'm going to be back a bit later than I thought. Rosie, should I ring Ramona to let her know?"

I nodded. "She's on holiday though, so try to play it down a little. I don't want her holiday ruined."

"Ok sweetie. Mike, you want a coffee?"

"No thanks," said Uncle Mike, shaking his head.

Oh my God. Mike just refused coffee. He must be REALLY fucked up.

I walked out to ring Adie. I couldn't tell her about Tre though, I still couldn't face the truth. After all, I'm the Patron Saint of the Denial.

Ringing Ramona was hard. She was really fucked up, what with her husband running off with their kids to Lord only knows where, her little brother dying, her niece on the brink of death and now her dad, I just couldn't ring her.

I walked back inside. Rosie was still crying and nothing else had happened.

What would happen to Rosie if Tre died? Adie and I would look after her, I mean, Ramona wasn't in a fit state to look after anyone and Rosie's Mom's family didn't talk to her. Joey is her godfather, but they've got a toddler AND a teenager.

A nurse came over. "If you would come with me to the relatives room, please."

**Mike's POV**
So, I'm hugging poor Rosie, when I start thinking about Tre. I mean, he can't die. He's the liveliest guy I know. Death wouldn't agree with him.

Well, death doesn't really agree with any of us...

The nurse came over and my thoughts were interrupted.

"If you would come with me to the relatives room, please."

Oh fuck. The last time we were in there, we were told Rosie was about to die. This can't be good... .

We were all walking down the hall in silence, my arm still around Rosie, when we saw the guy that beat up Tre.

I glanced at Billie. His face was contorted with hate and fury.

I touched his arm and shook my head, gesturing at Rosie. He nodded, albeit reluctantly.

We reached the relatives room and we started to go in.

The nurse stopped me and Rosie. "I don't think it's a good idea for the child to come in," she said to me, blatantly ignoring poor Rosie.

Rosie looked up. "I'm coming in, dickface."

I stifled a smile. She sure doesn't beat about the bush. Just like Tre.

The nurse stepped aside and let us in.

Billie, Rosie and I sat down. The nurse closed the door and turned to face us. I held Rosie's hand as she was shaking so badly.

The nurses face wasn't that reassuring either.