My 'Cool' Grandpa

Emma

**Rosie's POV**

Then, the doorbell rang.

I went and opened the door.

"Hi Jakob! Ellie, Emma!" I exclaimed.

Jakob, his wife Ellie and their two year old daughter Emma walked in.

"Ewo, Wosie. " Emma said.

Jakob went through to the dining room.

"Here's the deal. Ellie and I are taking all the over twenty-ones out to a bar. Jack and Rosie are looking after Emma."

Jack looked kind of annoyed at this but the adults were already walking out the door.

Ellie turned to me. "Are you sure it's ok?"

"Yeah," I said, picking Emma up. "Come on Emma! Let's get hyper on sugar!!!!"

"Raaaay! Sooger!" Emma yelled.

**Jack's POV**
Rosie ran in the kitchen with Emma.

Ellie turned to Jakob. "I'm so glad we chose them to baby-sit," said Ellie uncertainly.

"Relax, Ells, they'll be fine."

"Jake... "

"Ellie. As your husband, I order you to go out and get drunk! If you don't, I'm filing for divorce! Now, outside!" Uncle Jakob commanded.

Ellie giggled nervously and walked out.

I turned to my uncle. "Go out, get drunk! Just bring back some booze for me! We'll call it my baby-sitting fee."

"Uh-uh. You're family so you don't get paid," Uncle Jakob teased. He stuck his tongue out at me and walked out of the house.

I walked into the kitchen. Emma and Rosie were eating chocolate. Well, Rosie was eating it. Emma, well, Emma was smearing half of it round her face and up her nose and the other half she was eating.

"Ook, Jack, tokat!!" exclaimed Emma ecstatically.

"Yeah, Emma! Chocolate!" Rosie confirmed.

"Do want some?" asked Emma.

"Yeah! Everybody loves chocolate!!" I replied.

I grabbed a bar out of the fridge. We spent the next hour and a half eating chocolate and watching random kiddie cartoons with Emma. She fell asleep on a bean bag, with chocolate all round her face.

"We probably should have cleaned her up and brushed her teeth," mused Rosie.

"Chill, we'll spray her with the hose before everyone gets back," I said. Hey, it could work!

"Ook, a pider!!" said a little voice.

We looked at Emma. She was fast asleep.

"That's odd," said Rosie.

"More tokat pese, Mister Pider!" said Emma.

"Wow," I said. "Do Jake and Rosie know she talks in her sleep?"

"I don't know," Rosie giggled.

Suddenly a thought struck me.
"Rosie, she doesn't sleep walk, does she?"

Rosie was laughing a lot now.

"Rosie, I'm being serious!"

"Jack, she can barely walk when she's AWAKE, let alone when she's asleep! It would be like watching Grandpa wander round drunk, only a little more advanced!"

"Hmmm," I said. "Well, just to make sure... "

**Rosie's POV**

Jack walked out into the kitchen.

"Nooo! De nelephants be comin'!!" Emma shrieked.

That was the final straw. I fell off the sofa in hysterics.

Jack ran back.
"Rosie, what's wrong?"

"The elephants are coming!!" I giggled.

Jack backed away into the kitchen.

"Ickly, de cabes! Run way fom de nelephants! Ickly, dey is comin'!" Emma shrieked.

Oh my God, I love this kid!

Anyway, I calmed down and got back onto the sofa when Jack came out of the kitchen with loads of cardboard boxes.

"We're going to make a fort around Emma so she can't sleep-crawl. That way we won't loose her," Jack said proudly and built a square round Emma. We could look over the top, but she couldn't crawl or climb out.

"Doodie stole my tokat!!!"

Jack laughed. "Yeah. Sounds about right. You got doodie to a tee."

"Who's doodie?"

"Daddy, she just can't really say it."

"Aww."

"Mister Pider, pese get my tokat back! Dank oo Mister Pider. Bad doodie, bad!!"

Jack and I laughed. We turned on the TV and watched MTV. They were playing a video from Green Day's 20th album. Then they started talking about Milton Keynes and showing clips of Bullet in a Bible. Emma was unusually quiet. About half an hour later, we turned the TV off and chatted some more. Jack went out to get some ice cream.

"Hewo Unca Cwool! Hewo Wosie! I nose a secret. Jack wuvs oo, Wosie!! He tol me. Wai, where be Unca Cwool?"

I looked at Emma. She was awake.

"What did you say?" I asked.

Jack walked back in with the ice cream.

"Jack wuvs oo, Wosie! He tol me. Hewo Jack. Where be Unca Cwool? Where doodie and mawmmy?"

The door opened and the adults all came back in. Joey came up to me.
"Rosie, I'm going to get your overnight stuff from your room, and we'll go. Then tomorrow we'll all be at the airport for 10 am. Jack, get your butt in gear, young man!"

Jake and Ellie were fussing over Emma who was clutching her unfinished chocolate bar tightly. Ooops. We should have washed her face.

Jack was staring at me.

Grandpa came up to me.
"Rosshie! Helloooo mah dahling!!! We went.. I've forgottahn. I misshed you!! Give your favouritesht Grandpa a hug!!"
He leant forwards to give me a hug but fell flat on the floor.

Billie and Mike were drunk too, but they still carried Grandpa to his room. Uncle Mike was staying the night.

Mike came downstairs after putting Grandpa upstairs.
"Don't worry Roshie. I'll be here wish, I mean, with him. We'll meet you at the airport tomorrow."

"Thanks Uncle Mike. My suitcase is in my room. You can't miss it."

Joey came downstairs and put my stuff in the car.

Jack and I climbed in the backseat. We didn't say a word the whole journey.

We got to to Jack's house after what seemed like a hours. It had only been five minutes but I ran out of the car as if I'd been stuck in there for weeks.

We went down to the Den, where we normally have sleep-overs. There were two camp-beds set up and a pile of movies and games. I saw our favourites Bullet in a Bible, the 13 Scary Movies and the 7 Harry Potters. Joey always put them out for us. He knew we couldn't watch that many films in one night, or even one day, so we'd end up watching films for a whole week. Joey put my stuff down and he went upstairs with Sarah.

"Goodnight guys. Don't stay up too late! There's popcorn and stuff in the fridge. NO MORE CHOCOLATE! We saw Emma." Uncle Joey called down the stairs.

We heard a door close. I turned around. Jack was facing the wall.

He was biting his nails and kicking his feet against the wall. His ears were red, like they always were when he was nervous or embarassed. Or angry.

"Jack..."