Writers Block

1/3

It all started on August 16th. On this fairly ordinary, not so special day, I was sitting in the far corner of the local coffee shop, sipping my java and staring blankly down at my writing journal. It was the same thing I did every day. I hoped that the bustling, charming environment of this place would give me some ideas, but it never did. I was definitely going to amount to nothing…
But then I looked up, and everything changed.

Just entering the door of the café was the prettiest woman I’d ever seen. Her black hair cascaded down to her shoulders and her bright green eyes shone out from her heart shaped face. She glanced over at me and smiled warmly. I blushed and looked back down at my notebook, doodling aimlessly.
I was quite possibly one of the nerdiest guys I knew; there was no chance someone as gorgeous as her would even glance in my direction.
I guess I was wrong.

“Is this spot taken?” I looked up to see the object of my affections standing beside my table.

“Uh-uh, no,” I stammered. She smiled and slid in opposite me.

“I’m Emily,” she said. “What’s your name?”

“D-Danny,” I managed to croak out before looking back down at my blank notebook.
Oh real smooth move I murmured in my head. No wonder you never have a girlfriend.

“Danny…” I looked back up. “You don’t have to be scared of talking to me,” she said.

“I’m sorry,” I mumbled. “I’m just not used to someone as pretty as you paying me any attention.”
Ooo, did you just flirt?

Shut up brain.


“Aww, that’s sweet… but why wouldn’t I pay you any attention?” I gaped at her, amazed by her words.

“Are you serious?” I asked. She nodded and leaned forward on her elbows. “Well, I’m ugly, a nerd, too clumsy and awkward for my own good, a bookworm, and an untalented writer… must I continue?”

“Dan, you’re not ugly, and I’m sure you’re not clumsy, and I’m very sure you’re an amazing writer.” She shook her head. “And what’s wrong with being a nerd or a bookworm?” She glanced down at her wristwatch. “I’m sorry, but I have to go… will you be here tomorrow?” I nodded.

“Same time, same table.” She smiled again.

“Okay, I’ll see you then. Goodbye Danny.”

“Goodbye Emily,” I whispered, watching her leave. At the time, I couldn’t believe my luck. I just knew, deep down inside, that she wouldn’t come back the next day.

But she did. She came back the next day, and the next day, and the entire next week. During that time, we talked a lot about ourselves. I found out that she had two brothers, that she had once dyed her hair blonde, and that she had a phobia of sheep. In return, I told her I hated having red hair, that I’d only ever dated three girls, and I told her that she was the most beautiful person I’d ever seen. I also let her read some of my short stories and poems, which she seemed to love.

After we’d been meeting up for almost two weeks, I finally got up the nerve to ask Emily on a date.
She accepted.

************

To my surprise and relief, the date went rather well. We went and watched a local band perform in the park. I couldn’t take my eyes off her the entire time. She looked so perfect, under the moonlight, with the lights flashing and reflecting in her eyes.
I made my move… and I kissed her.
She actually kissed back.

************

Date two went just as great, or maybe even better, than date one. Date three, things were incredible. Date four… well, you get the picture. By date 25, she had moved in with me.
I was in love. For the first time in my life, I could honestly say I was in love.

Love… it’s a great feeling, isn’t it? Love can do so many things for a person… love can blind you from the harsh world we call reality.

Things went smooth until date forty-nine. I say this because there was no date forty-nine. Emily was dead by the end of date forty-eight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = <33