Writers Block

2/3

It was roughly noon, and Emily had gone out on errands… or so she had said. Emily went out on errands an awful lot; almost every day as a matter of fact. So, on this seemingly normal day, I decided to follow my beloved, just to see if she was telling me the truth.

Can you imagine how surprised I was to find myself at the very café I’d met Emily all those months ago? I sat on a bench across the street and watched through the window.

She was sitting in a booth opposite a man with thick black hair and glasses, who looked a bit younger than me. They were holding hands across the table, and both of them were smiling broadly. I tried not to let my blood boil. It was probably just a relative! Yeah, that was it…

That thought was blown out of my head when Emily leaned across the table and kissed the other man deeply. I turned around and marched straight back to our house, seething with rage. How long had this been going on behind my back? I was determined to find out.

I slammed the front door shut, automatically headed for the computer we shared. She was still logged in, so I headed the first place I thought of; her emails. There were a few junk ones, two or three from me… and a lot from three different men I didn’t know.

John Klieman
Tyler Watts
Matt Flick


“Who the hell are they?” I asked myself, clicking on one of the mails. As I skimmed over them, my heart snapped and my eyes widened.

These… these were practically cyber-sex! All of them! The more I read, the angrier I got. Which guy had she been with today?

Tyler, who said he longed for her touch?

John, who said he missed her in his bed?

Or was it Matt, the raunchiest of them all? I shut the computer down, resisting the urge to throw it out the window. Instead, I calmly picked up the house phone and called her cell, hoping she answered.

“Hey Danny darling!” I winced at her pet name for me.

“Hello Em,” I managed to spit out. “What are you doing?”

“Oh nothing, just catching up with some friends.”
I bet you are. “Sounds like fun… anyways, do you wanna have a home date tonight?” I asked. “I’m not really up for going out.”

“Good idea sweetheart. I’ll be home in a bit, okay?”

“Yep, bye.” I hung up the phone and scurried around the house, pulling things out of drawers and setting them on the kitchen counter.

Tonight was going to be perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more part left!