Tonight, She's Not Alone

Chapter 8

I stared at the guy in front of me, in shock. How could it be Matt? I was so sure it was Derek. Every piece of evidence I had pointed at him. I'm not disappointed because in all honesty, Matt was fucking gorgeous. Over the past couple of weeks I'd began to form a small crush on him and had secretly wished he was Terror, even though I was sure, there was no way he could be him. But here he is, standing in front of me and I can't believe it. I can't even fucking speak. I stood there staring at him for the longest time, trying to wrap my head around the fact that Matt, was in fact, Terror.

"Stella, listen to me. I didn't mean for you to find out this way." Matt begged.

"What? How?" Was all I could get out of my mouth.

"I saw you when I moved here and I couldn't get up enough courage to talk to you." He started. "I came up this plan to be Terror but I didn't mean to kiss you that night, I just couldn't resist. And I wanted to tell you. God, you don't know how much I wanted to tell you. But I didn't want you to push me away. I planned on telling you, I promise. I just didn't know how to."

"But the tattoo, the one I was tracing and where's your lip ring?" I questioned, this was beginning to be too much.

"Derek and I got them together, as a bonding type of thing. I just couldn't show you because then you would know I was Terror and I couldn't leave my lip ring in. It would be a dead give away, so I took it out every time I came to see you."

Everything hit me like a ton of bricks and the memories flash through my head like a cheesy movie. That was the reason the guys met Matt out front of my house, and why he always wore sweaters around us. If I saw all his tattoos, his cover would be blown, same if he left the lip ring in. The blue eyes. Fuck how could I of not seen it? Sure, Derek's eyes were amazing but they didn't have the same intensity, the same brightness that Matt's held. I stood there in silence for a very long time. I just couldn't think of what to say. I was so shocked about everything that had just happened. It felt like a dream, or like I was watching what was going on from the side lines, not in control of my body.

"I can see you don't feel the same about me. Your silence says it all. I'll just go." muttered Matt and he approached the door to leave.

"Matt, wait!" I managed to squeak out.

"What?" He sighed, disappointment apparent in his voice.

He looked so fragile at that moment, I walked over to him and grabbed him by the collar, connecting our lips together. It took him a moment to kiss back, due to shock, but soon he kissed back with much force. It was a sweet, passionate kiss and it ended almost as fast as it began.

"Don't go." I breathed.

"You've got my attention." He whispers, his hot breath flowing over my lips due to the closeness of our faces.

"I like you a whole fucking lot. You have no idea." I said, causing a wide grin to make its way across Matt's face.

"You have no idea how glad I am you said that." He grinned and then grabbed me by the waist and pushed our lips back together.

In that moment I knew I had made the right decision. Matt made me feel good and that's all that mattered. Sure, the way we met was a little different then most couples, but that's what made us special. Standing there, kissing Matt, in the middle of my bedroom, I knew that he was the one for me. Even if he did have to break into my house to make me realize it.