Near Or Afar

Near Or Afar.

The layer of pebbles over rock poked the backs of my bare legs. The denim shorts I was wearing only covered the tops of my thighs. I sat with my legs stretched out infront of me, with my feet dangling over the edge of the cliff, and my arms folded across my stomach.
I could hear the footsteps coming closer, the familiar sound, and I could picture him, hands in the pockets of his worn-out jeans, slightly dragging his feet, but just enough that you could only notice if you really watched . I resisted the urge to look back and see him coming closer. Instead I kept my eyes focused on the scene infront of me, a forest full of green with a few clearings here and there, one dirt road, and a only a handful of houses scattered across the landscape.
Finally the footsteps were right behind me. I tried my hardest to hold back the smile that was bursting across my face.
He leaned down and kissed my cheek before kicking a few rocks aside and sitting down with me. We didn't say a word, just sat silently together. He was leaning back on his arms, and my head found its way onto his chest. We just stared out at the beautiful world below, the wind blew softly across our faces, slithered through his hair, and tossed mine into my eyes.
“I'm going to miss this” He said. And the words faded out into the the quiet surrounding.
“Me too” I whispered back a few minutes later.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm thinking about expanding this into a full story, but I haven't decided yet. Thoughts?
Comments would make me smile! ♥

Thanks for reading.