Status: I'm continuing it YAY!

The Animal In Me

Unconscious

“Rox, wake up! Can you hear me?! If you can just say yes or at least try to think it,” someone said.

“Who are you?” I replied

“Good you’re awake. It’s me Sera. DUH! Are you ok? Do you feel better? Are you hurt? Do yo-”

“Girl slow down, I’m getting a headache,” I groaned in pain.

“Oh, sorry…. Are you ok?”

“Well, I am feeling better. Just a little bit more dizzy,” I said and I let go a small groan.

“That’s a good sign. Look you need to listen to me. We have an undercover supernatural detective over there with you. He was the one who electrified you,”

“That son of a….. wait, why did he do that if he‘s on our side?”

“We’re sorry but he had to because Vandal was suspecting he was one of us since he acted different than the others. He actually got brainwashed but he remembered everything because he was a minder. Obviously minders can’t forget unless they’re careless. Anyways, he had to do something bad to you to show that he was on their side so he can continue the investigation. He gave us all the information we needed and most importantly, the blueprints. I don’t have enough time so I will transfer the information to you via brain,”

“Via brain?”

“Yes I memorized all the information you needed to escape. I’ll send it all to you. When you wake up, you need to try to escape ASAP. There’s no time to waste. You will have a possibility of dieing if you don’t come out quickly,”

“Well thanks for the pressure,”

“No problem!” she said sarcastically, “I got to go now. Good luck!”

“Wait! What about Mark? How do I save him?” I yelled in my thoughts but unfortunately, I got no response. I guess it’s up to me. I started thinking but nothing came to mind. I’ll need to consult Seth about this.

*SETH*

“Is it me, or is she groaning a lot?” asked Seth.

“It seems like she’s talking in her sleep,” replied the girl named Rebecca.

“Gosh our plan backfired, and I was most certain it would work.”

“It’s all my fault, I’m sorry…” Rebecca said sadly.

“No worries, people make mistakes all the time. It’s not the first time a mission went bad. We’ll find a way to get out but it’ll be much harder,” I said while looking at Rox, “She’s our only hope. Water won’t do anything. Only an animal can get us out of here. But look at her. She’s so weak. It’ll take her a long time to recover.”

“I just pray that she’ll be alright,” Rebecca said looking away, “What would you do if she, I don’t know how to say this but what would you do if she died?”

“I don’t know. I wouldn’t survive or maybe I will but not for long. I hate to accept it but I believe she’s everything for me.”

“She’ll live. I know she’s strong enough. We just need to wait,” Rebecca said with hope.

I woke up with someone trying to wake me up. It was still night and everyone was asleep except for Rebecca and I. This man was in front of us and he looked familiar but it was too dark to see more details. He was holding something in his hands and it looked like food.

“Hey, I came to give you guys food. They told us not to feed you for three whole days but believe it or not, I’m on your side,” he told us.

“How do we know you’re telling the truth,” I said fiercely.

“I know you don’t recognize me, Seth, but I was your mom’s friend. I took Sera and you away before your dad can do harm to you guys,” he said sadly.

“Then why are you here? Shouldn’t you be at our school or somewhere else?”

“Paul sent me a long time ago to save Rebecca’s mom but there was no way I could’ve done it. Vandal suspected that I was someone else so he brain washed me to do his evil deeds. The only thing he didn’t know is that I was a minder. I quickly remembered everything but I had to pretend to follow him and do everything he wanted me to do. I was thinking of ways to free Mrs. Rodrigez but nothing was going to work. At last I gave up because I knew that I’ll be stuck here forever. That’s when you guys came. I didn’t recognize you two at first so I went to tell Vandal about you guys. He told me that he expected you two to come and defeat him. That’s when I realized that both of you had elements.”

“How can you prove that you’re a minder?” I asked.

“I’ll show you,” he told him. He left and everything went quiet.

Moments passed and I heard someone talk to me.

“Can you hear me?” it asked

“Yeah… you are telling the truth,” I replied.

“I am now go to sleep. I have all the information sent to Paul and he knows what to do with it.”

I was pretty much startled when I heard him speak to me.

“He really is one of us. He just spoke to me. Did you hear anything?” I asked Rebecca.

“Nope only you breathing like crazy,” she told him. I sat down and not a lot of time passed when we heard someone groan. We looked at each other then we looked at Rox. She began to move and she groaned again.

“She’s waking up,” I said enthusiastically. I looked at her then her eyes began to open. She lifted her head but it quickly went back down.

“She’s still too weak,” I said sadly. “But she’ll live. I know she will.”

“Let’s just hope,” Rebecca said, and I could tell she felt guilty.