Status: I'm continuing it YAY!

The Animal In Me

Too Much At Once

“SETH!!” I screamed but he made no movement whatsoever. What should I do? Run away or go to him. Without thinking further, I howled and a little bit after that, multiple wolves howled.

They approached the scene and saw what happened. The men faced them but before they could point their rifles at them, the wolves attacked. Many of the men got knocked out cold and many were killed. It was bloody sight to see but it didn’t really affect me….. SETH! I flew quickly to see him. His perfect body was surrounded with a deep red pool of blood.

“SETH!!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME!!” I yelled but no response. I started freaking out and I felt myself go into panic mode.

“Calm down,” I heard a voice say. It sounded very familiar but I couldn’t put my hand on it. I turned around and saw a tall, muscular man behind me carrying a lady in his arms. I noticed the lady to be Rebecca’s mom. “Follow me, there’s a raft upstream.”

*REBECCA*

I ran through the woods following the raven Rox said to. I wonder what was going on back there. I heard many gunshots not a while ago and wolves howling so I ran faster. This is what I call a good exercise, only not the exercise I really wanted.

“Hey Mr. Raven, can we like take a break! I’m exhausted!”

TWEET TWEET,” was all I got and he continued flying, and I tried to run as fast I could to catch up.

The forest was dense at this point and it was pretty dark. I heard an unfamiliar noise behind me and felt chills on my skin. Suddenly, the raven started squawking and I froze in my path. I heard a growl behind me and when I turned around, there before me was a lion. A giant lion.

*ROX*

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!” The guy and I suddenly looked up. The scream came from a female……a female. REBECCA!

“I need to go! It’s Rebecca! She’s in danger! Take care of Seth, please,” I quickly got up and flew towards the direction of the scream. The nose of a vulture is surprisingly good so I followed her sense, and I smelt her close.

As I flew, I saw a giant lion and not far from it, a blacked haired girl.

“HELP!” I heard someone yell. Raven’s down there too and he must be useless.

I swooped down from high above and just when the lion was about to scratch her, I stabbed him with my beak in his body. The lion instantly fell and blood was escaping his body like water coming out of a fountain.

“Rebecca, you okay?” I said while being human again. She was as pale as a pearl, all the color escaped her face. She suddenly fainted in front of me and fell to the ground quickly, luckily I was able to catch her. “Raven quickly call for help,” and with no hesitation, the raven flew and called for help.

I stayed there a while and started crying. Why was everything going bad today. Two people almost died today and it’s all my fault. I heard footsteps coming closer towards me. They were heavy and I could sense Seth’s blood.

“Is she alright?” I heard a deep but calming voice.

“No, she just fainted in front of me…..what did I do wrong! I failed this mission and brought 2 people injured,” tears starting rolling off my face.

“It’ll be ----”

“ROX! Where are you?!?!?!” I heard a female’s voice yell.

“Sera!! We’re over here!” and out of nowhere a blonde haired girl and a tall man showed up.

“SETH!!!! SETH!!! GET HIM IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM RIGHT AWAY!” Sera yelled and people quickly came and took him away. Paul called more people to get Rebecca and her mom to the ER.

“Unfortunately we weren’t able to get Mark sir,” I said sadly with my head down.

“It’s ok, we’ll send someone else to go get him. In the meantime, get some rest,” he said tender-heartedly.

“I will sir,” I walked away without looking up. I walked straight until I met the meadow. I slightly moved the rock and the door on the ground opened. I walked towards the door and scanned my hand on the hand scanner and I entered the door into the campus.

When I entered, the first one to approach me was Alex, then Katherine, Mike, Lucy, then some other kids. They all looked at me with big eyes filled with wonder.

“What happened?” asked Alex as he broke the silence. I stayed silent and continued walking looking straight ahead. He stopped right in front of me and stared into my eyes, “What happened?”

“Nothing. Now leave me alone!” I yelled at him and ran away crying.

I ran all the way to my dorm room and locked my self in the bathroom. I stared at the horrible creature standing right in front of me through the mirror. Her black hair was out of place, had a lot of blood of sorrow and self-sacrifice. Her clothes was torn and worn out and there was no clean spot on it. I took off all my clothes and entered the shower and let the water poor on my back.

I’m a failure and I let down the ones I love…..