Status: I'm continuing it YAY!

The Animal In Me

Element of Power School

“Hello you finally decided to come here didn’t you?” said Sera.

“Well yes and no. I was actually forced to come here,” I said and I suddenly remembered that moment. I started crying and Sera came and hugged me.

“She’ll be ok,” she said but her mouth didn’t move. Or maybe I wasn’t seeing correctly. After a while, I wiped my tears and got up. I saw Seth and he was pretty cute. He had blonde hair and cute green eyes. Cute is an understatement. He’s hot!! I quickly looked away when he looked up.

“Well, let’s get going before the sun sets,” he said. His voice sounded annoyed.

“He’s always like that,” whispered Sera, “But don’t worry, he’s really nice when he becomes close to you.” I smiled and continued walking.

We reached this big empty piece of land that seem to go on forever.

“Don’t tell me we have to cross this,” I said tiring.

“Oh no we’re not. Watch and learn,” Seth said as he walked over to a stone. He moved it slightly and the ground shook a little. I was astonished to see a hole form on the ground. I peeped inside and saw a staircase.

“C’mon. This will lead us to our destination,” Sera said. I followed her into this dark tunnel. We reached to a big door. Sera placed her card on the wall and the door opened. We stepped in and there, right in front of us, was a really big building.

*MOMENTS LATER*

“Hi, you must be Ms. Roxanna Mendoza,” said a really tall guy. He was pretty young like in the 20s or early 30s. He had black hair and he was really muscular. He was really cute.

He laughed and turned to me. “Thanks for your compliment Ms. Mendoza.” I looked up at him and he was smiling. How did he know what I was saying? That was pretty embarrassing. This school is weird.

I looked up and he nodded, “Let me explain to you why I know what you’re saying,” he said. I became fully aware and decided to sit down with on the chair in front of the desk. He looked up to Sera and Seth. “You’re dismissed.” They nodded and left.

“Ok Ms. Mendoza. Now before I explain. I’m 20 years of age not 30 something,” when he said that, my mouth dropped.

“How did you know I said that?” I asked.

“Wait I’m getting there. Now let me continue. We have elements at this school. There are 5 major groups; Earth, Water, Fire, Air, and Mind. C’mon, I’ll give you a tour,” he pulled me and we went to the dorms.

They were separated into 5 groups. We turned to an area where the walls and everything was green. “This is the element of Earth,” he said. There were a lot of people here. There were a lot of plants too. All the flowers were neatly planted at the doorways. The odd thing was, they were all wearing green and brown. “They where green because they’re Earth. One of the rules is that you have to wear your element color,” I nodded and we continued walking.

We went to another part of the building. In this part, the walls and basically everything was blue. There was waves on the walls. The people wore blue and navy blue outfits. I looked around and noticed Seth flirting with another chick. I don’t know if they’re together or what but he seemed really interested in her. My heart sank when I saw him. He looked my way and he looked away as if I weren’t here. “As you can see, this is the element of water.” he said. “I can tell you knew that already.”
I nodded in agreement

We walked to another part and this time, the walls were orange. The people there wore orange and red. There was also fire and it was pretty hot in here. “Is the AC on?” I asked. “Yeah, it’s just that that this is the element of fire. They like hot,” the guy who’s 20 told me. “Can we get out of here?” I asked. “Sure, c’mon.” he said and we got out of there.

This time, the walls were sky blue. It felt really good in that section after being in the sweltering fire part. I just stood there and enjoyed the breeze. “This is the element of air. It’s one of my favorite places because it feels good and relaxing,” the guy said. I saw a lot of people in sky blue outfits. They all seemed very happy and relaxed.

We continued walking and we entered an area that was full white. It was so blank. There were little symbols in black on the wall though. I couldn’t tell what it was but it was well drawn. “This the element of mind,” said the guy. I still don’t know his name. “My name is Paul Benderfield. I’m a minder. I read your mind,” he said and smiled. It makes sense now! Anyways I noticed Sera in that area and she was wearing a full white dress.

“Hey Rox! You like your tour?” she asked with a big smile on her face.

“Yeah I do! So you’re a minder right?” I asked.

“Yup, that’s how I knew about you and your ability. I read minds,” she said with a wink, “and guess what?”

“What?”

“We’re roommates!” she said and jumped up and down.

“YAY!” I said.

*LATER*

When I went to my room, Seth was there talking to Sera. I entered the room slowly and they quickly got up when they noticed me. They were crying.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Someone died,” Seth said in a hush tone.

“WHO?”

“Resna died,” Seth said and hugged Sera. I leaned on the wall and slowly went down until I was sitting on the wall. I started crying. This is all my fault, I thought.

“No it’s not,” said Sera.

“Yes it is! If I called the ambulance, she would’ve been saved. This is all my fault!” I shouted. I couldn’t stand looking at them when I know it was my fault. “I have to go,” I said and I ran out the door going up the stairs we came. I looked back at the place and took off into the woods.

I was so sad and mad. It was my fault. I walked into the forest and it was getting cold. Damn I forgot my sweater. I was starting to freeze when I noticed fur growing on me. I became a wolf again. I found a cave and I slept in there. I cried my self to sleep.

*MORNING*

I got up and my tummy growled. I sensed a rat close by. I crept up behind the rat and caught it. I ate like I haven’t eaten in days. I kept walking and walking until I came by a nearby stream. I drank water and took a bath in there. After that, I became human again. I became lost and I was so tired. If only I can use my hands. I wish to be a big Bald Eagle. I started flapping my hands and suddenly, I was off the ground. I looked down at my self and I saw big sharp claws. I was an eagle.

I started flying around and I saw the prairie up ahead. I went down and I saw 2 kids outside. When I got a closer look, I noticed it was Seth and Sera. I went down and I sat on the rock and just stared at them.

“Hey that bird’s creeping me out. Do you see it’s sharp claws?” Seth whispered. I started laughing when I heard him. I think I laughed out loud because they became shocked.

“Hey,” I said but in the eagle language. Seth noticed and he sprayed water at me. I was soaked. I screamed pretty loudly and flew to them. “Oh c’mon it’s me,” I said this time in human.

“Rox?” Sera said questioningly. Seth just stared at me. I became human so they won’t freak out anymore.

“Thanks for wetting me,” I said sarcastically.

“Uhh… I’m sorry,” Seth said and he looked down.

“No problem. You were just defending yourself,” I said. I wanted to hug him but I couldn’t it would be wrong. I decided to turn to Sera.

“Can we go to my dorm now? I need to sleep,” I told Sera.

“You got the day off but training starts tomorrow,” she said and we headed back on campus.