Status: I'm continuing it YAY!

The Animal In Me

The Grand Match

BEEP BEEP “Wake up sleepyhead!” I heard someone yelled while shaking me.

“What the…” I started when Sera rudely interrupted me.

“Girl it’s your first day! As a new person, you have to go against one person. That’ll be the first level. If you beat him/her, then you’ll go to the next level, which is harder than the one before. The highest level is 10. In level 10, you have to defeat 10 people at once,” I became really interested in this conversation.

“What level did you reach?” I asked.

“I reached level 5, But that was when I was young. I’m now in Stage 10,” she said.

“So, what happens if you pass level 10?” I asked.

“No one ever passed level 10. We’re pretty much a new school. My class will graduate first. Now let’s stop here. You need to get ready. Here I brought you your clothes,” she handed me the clothes and it was pretty cute. It was a grey sleeveless athletic top with a grey skirt. It also had “ANIMAL” written on the top.

“Wow this is cute! I’ll go put it on,” I said.

“Well hurry up! You’re match starts in 10 minutes,” I heard her yell.

*10 MINUTES LATER*

“I know many of you heard that a new person with a unique ability came…” I heard Paul announce. I was scared and nervous and that’s not a good mixture. I kept walking back-and-forth. What if I mess up? What if I do a wrong move? What if I fail? I felt someone nearby. They were really quite but I could still hear them. I quickly turned around and I leapt on them. I almost bit them but I stopped just on time.

“Seth? I’m so sorry,” I said. I smelt fear in him so I knew he got scared. He just didn’t show it. “I thought that you were someone else. I’m really sorry. I-” he stopped me before I could continue.

“It’s alright Roxanna. You were only defending yourself. But what surprised me is that you have quick reflexes. Anyways, let me give you a hint. Always defeat fire first. They cause the most damage,” he said and winked at me. He approached me and I thought that he was going to hug me. Instead he gave me a pat on the back.

“Good luck,” he said and walked away.

“I now present to you, Ms. Roxanna Mendoza,” said Paul. I walked out and looked at the crowd. It’s time.

My first opponent was air, the easiest out of all elements. I became an eagle and I fought the wind. I ended up beating him in 10 seconds. I guess that was a world record because everyone clapped and cheered.

I kept beating everyone until level 7. I had the most bruises I ever had! There were some really deep cuts and blood was coming out. EWW! Anyways I passed levels 7,8, and 9 painfully. I was at level 10.… LEVEL 10!

As soon as I stood up, 5 fire people shot fire at me. I dodged them but one of them hit me and my arm burned. I screamed in pain but that didn’t stop me. I became a kangaroo and started jumping around. I dodged a lot of fire easier that way so I saw an opportunity and went behind two fire people and I kicked them. It must have been a powerful kick because they flew to the other side of the stage and they were knocked out cold. 2 down, 8 to go.

They started throwing big fire balls at me. I became a monarch butterfly and I dodged them really quickly. I then became an elephant and I swung my trunk and it knocked 3 people out. 5 down, 5 to go.

3 more fire people, 1 water person, and 1 mind person jumped out of no where and they attacked me. 1 of the fire people placed a ring of fire around me. While the other 2 started throwing fire balls. OMG! What should I do? Ok don’t panic Rox. Don’t Panic! That’s when an idea popped in my head. I became a wasp and flew over the fire. Now I’m FREE! I saw the female fire person who did the fire ring and I stung her on her neck. She bawled in pain and ran away. HAHA that was freaking hilarious. Then I unexpectedly got sprayed with water.

I fell to the ground and became human again. I was drowning. I heard everyone gasp. That’s when I heard someone in the audience scream, “You can do it Roxanna! I believe in you!” Those words were encouraging. I knew I had to survive and win. That’s when an idea popped up. I became a snake.

I became a snake which helped camouflage with the ground. No one could see me. I snuck up to the water and fire person and I bit them. My venomous fangs sunk into their skin and they started yelling in pain. “She bit me!” they yelled while running away. I became human and I was limping. 8 down, 2 to go.

There were two more people. Mind and fire. No one ever reached this far. Most people lose at level 5. The mind person came towards me and he started blocking my thoughts so I couldn’t think properly. He also knew every move I made. Wow, Seth could’ve at least warned me about the mind people. They’re hard to defeat. Every animal I became, he knew the weakness the animal, or I, had. I defeated fire by throwing water that was on the ground, the one that almost drowned me, at her. She fainted so now I’m against mind. By the way, did I ever mention he was cute. Well, now I’m saying it. “Thank you Ms. Mendoza,” he said with an evil smile. Damn, I forgot. Mind people can read your mind. How could I forget?!

Anyways, I tried everything but none of it worked. Maybe if I became an animal but I don’t think of my moves. I became a cat, a cute little brown and black cat. I heard everybody awed. HAHA I must’ve been really cute.

Although it took me about 5 minutes, I beat the minder my scratching his leg. I became human again and I saw how he limped. Then I knocked him out cold.

DING DING “The fight is over!” Paul yelled in excitement. “Miss Mendoza, you are the first person in history to not only reach level 10 but you passed it! Level 10 might be a little to easy for you. So, we’re going to put you in Stage 11, which is ….. SPECIAL TRAINING!!!” he screamed and hugged me, “Congratulations,” I screamed in pain as he hugged me tight, “Oops, sorry. Now go with the nurse over there. She’ll take you to the clinic so you can get tended to,” he said. I exit the stage hearing people cheer and screaming my name.

When I entered the nurse’s office, I saw all the people I beaten up. I could tell they were scared but they still congratulated me. They laid me on a bed and they went to get something. I looked to my right and I saw my last match lying there motionless. If you can hear me, I’m sorry I thought. Then I fell asleep.

*FEW HOURS LATER*

I opened my eyes a little, trying to familiarize where I was. That’s when everything came back. All the memories and pain I experienced for the past week. I groaned and it sounded weird. “Finally you’re awake,” someone said. I looked over to my right and I saw a guy there. “You thought I was cute right?” he grinned. I blushed. This is pretty awkward.

“Well, yeah I guess,” I said with a low tone.

“You’re cute also . But you’ll be beautiful, just like you were before the match, without those bruises I helped give you,” he laughed. I laughed along with him but it still hurt. I can tell that both of us will be very good friends later on.