Status: I'm continuing it YAY!

The Animal In Me

Journey Part 1

When I woke up in the morning, I saw Seth and I face-to-face and his hand was wrapped around me. I quickly jumped up and he woke up quickly.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Nothing that serious. You and I were sleepinng together and your arm was around me,” I said in an uneasy tone. He became really red.

“I-I'm sorry,” he quickly said in a hush tone.

“It’s alright, I guess,” I said. Honestly, I liked being close to him but I think he doesn’t want to be with me. He prefers the other cute chicks around. “Hey we need to go back. It’s almost time for us to meet him,” I said. We went back to Power of Element.

*SOME MINUTES LATER*

After I packed my clothes, Sera walked in looking at me questioningly.

“And where are you going, missy?” she asked.

“On a mission,” I replied.

“What the…. How are u going so soon and you barely got here?”

“Well---” I started when Seth busted through the door.

“Hurry up we have to go NOW! We’ll get food on the way,” he said then he paused, “Hey sis. Now hurry up,” he said and I quickly finished putting my stuff in a small backpack and I ran out the door.

“See you later SERA!” I yelled to her. She just stood there staring at us dash out the door.

*MINUTES LATER*

“And here’s the file about the case. Read over it before you start your journey. Now get going. The longer you wait, the longer they’ll suffer more. So start your journey,” he said and we left with that.

“LATER*

After what seemed like hours of walking, we stopped by a creek to fill up with water. We haven’t talked that much since we left the school. Then Seth broke the silence.

“So, how was your life before u came here? Where are your parents?” he asked.

“My life was pretty miserable. My parents died in a car accident when I was younger. I had no where to go and I lived on the street all alone. There were these men that were always drunk and they would look for young girls like me,” I said and I started to cry, “One day I was almost about to get raped in a dark alley when this kind man saved me. He beat up the drunk man and he told me to run to the nearest store. I stayed there for a while and I heard sirens going to the alley. I started crying and I saw a woman in there and she looked really nice. She said, ‘Why are you crying hun? Are you lost?’ I couldn’t answer because I was scared. The man came back and it ended up being the man that beat up the drunk man. Apparently, the lady and the man were married. The man explained what happened and they took me to the police. They found out my parents were dead and they took me to a foster house. That’s when Resna came and took me under her roof. But everyday I would always hear fighting and yelling and it made me cry because it made me miss my parents more. And from there, you know what happens,” I sighed and my eyes were still tearful. Seth gabbed me and hugged me.

“I’m sorry,” he said.

“Don’t be. It’s not your fault. Things happen for a reason. I still have faith that my dreams will come true,” I said while looking at the sky.

“What are your dreams?”

“I dream of having the perfect guy to be right next to me at all times. Holding my hand while walking and hugging me while looking at the sunset,” I said in a peaceful tone, “He’s somewhere out there waiting for me.”

“Oh, that’s nice. Were you ever in a relationship?”

“No, I was scared of dating someone because of the way I act and my ability. I knew that if I dated someone, it would ruin my relationship. Have you?”

“Well, I’ve been in many relationships. My friends joke that I went out with half of the girls in my school,” he said and I started laughing. When he saw me, he also laughed, “ but hey, I did break a record. I haven’t been in a relationship for two whole months. But I’m looking for her. She’s somewhere and I can feel her near me somewhere,” he said and touched his heart. “I know she’s nearby.” When I heard him say that, my heart sunk. Maybe I’m not the one for him. He loves another girl and he can feel her.

“Maybe we should get going,” I suggested.

“Yeah,” he said and we stood up and we continued walking to our destination.

When we were halfway to our destination, I noticed a big lake in front of us. It was huge.

“There’s no way we could cross it,” he said. I started thinking. That’s when an idea came.

“Maybe I can become a dolphin and you can swim while holding my fin!” I suggested.

“Yeah that might work but are you sure? It’s a long way,”

“Don’t worry about me. Dolphins are used to swimming great distances,”

“Ok, but are you sure you’re sure?”

“Yes now c’mon,” I went into the water and I became a dolphin. He stared at me as I did my transformation. By the time I was done, his mouth was touching the floor.

“Wow! That is awesome. Look at you! WOW!!” I couldn’t help blushing but luckily he couldn’t see it.

“Let’s go,” I said and he went into the water and he rode on me. The water felt nice especially since it was dark.

The sun was starting to set and we were almost close to the other side. When we reached the other side, I was so tired.

“Hey I’m hungry,” he said. I took out a sandwich for him and yes, for the record, I had to make a sandwich for him.

“Here big boy,” I said jokingly.

“Thanks mommy,” he said and we started laughing. I took out a sandwich for me and we started eating. Soon enough, it was becoming dark.

“Hey we should go find a shelter for the night,” I said.

“Yeah, it’s getting dark and cold. Let’s go,” he said while taking out his jacket. I took out my one too. Then, we started walking.

“Are missions always this tiring?” I asked.

“Nope, we usually have transportation to take us but I guess this mission is really dangerous. We only go by foot when the cases are really bad. This is the first mission I had to walk to the place,” he said I could tell he was really tired.

“Want a ride?” I asked.

“How can you do that?”

“Watch and learn,” I said and I became a horse. Specifically, a white horse with black patches.

“Wow, you’re a cute horse,” he said as he climbed on.

“See, now keep your eyes open for shelter,” we actually found a cave a couple of minutes later. We went inside and rested on the ground. I kept my shoes on for incase we needed to escape quickly. Seth decided to sleep on the other side of the cave so I can be by myself. Honestly, I wanted him holding me and fall asleep on his chest. Maybe it’ll never come true. I sat up and it was pretty dark. I could tell he was sleeping because I have great night vision. I have more senses than a human. I’m a variety of animals so I have things humans don’t have. That’s when I fell into a dreamless sleep.