‹ Prequel: Love Bites

Love Bites 2.0

Chapter 3

I tapped my fingers on the arm rest. I hated flying when I was human, and seemed to still hate it even as a vampire. The plane was small for the passanger area. We sat in the area where first class would be. There were maybe 15 other vampires. In the back, was our coffins, I was going to have to buy one when I got to Paris.
Across the little isle, an elegant looking vampire sat there. I couldn't help but stair a little, til she noticed and looked back at me. I looked down at my drumming fingers.
“Nervous?” A voice came from the isle and I looked, expecting to see the flight attendent, but it was the vampire across the isle. She had a beauitful face, dark eyes with just the perfect features. She could have been a movie star!
“Uh yah. I never liked flying,” I smirked and watched as she smirked again at me.
“Have you been to Paris before?” She twisted her body slighly my way to talk. I shook my head from side to side, signaling no. She nodded and smiled again.
“It is truely a beautiful city. Almost as beautiful as my own. I spent my share of time there,” Her eyes traveled off past my head, as she stayed very still for amoment, reliving a memory of this new place. When she came back to reality, she looked me over.
“I'm Ashley,” She nodded at my lightly, then expected my name in return.
“Oh hi! I'm Nikki,” I stuck my hand out across the isle. She looekd at it, then raised her eyebrow. I pulled it back, embarrased that I forgot that vampires don't shake hands. “Sorry – haven't really been a vampire that long,” I shrugged lightly hoping that she would be nice.
“Thats ok,” She smiled.
We stayed silent as the plane took off. I was praying silently to myself, even though I knew it was no good. Ashley waited til we were in the air til she turned to look at me.
“Why are you runing from here?” I looked around, as if it was said outloud to everyone that I was running for something.
“How do you-”
“I was a young vampire once. I get it. I can tell by the look on your face that your running from something,” There was a sincere look on her face as she read my reaction. I nodded slowly, looking down at my hands.
“I'm running from my maker – who happens to be my boyfriend slash love of my life,” I heard a a clicking noise from Ashley, the kind you make when you press your tongue to the roof of your mouth and pull back. I took this as my sign to continue.
“He asked me to marry him earlier in the night. He... he wasn't a very good maker. He left me for the first couple of months. Then came back and expected everything to be gone. He also sold me to Sophie Ann-”
“Oh!” Ashley's eyes lit up as if she finally understood what we were atlking about. “You were the one who Northman saved from there? Well she never said 'saved' but I've known Eric for a long time, and he wouldn't go against her unless it was a good reason,”
My mind went blank and I stared at her, I think my mouth even dropped open slightly.
“You know Eric? Sophie Ann?” I gave her a questioning look , that she laughed at.
“Of course I do. I'm the Queen of Georgia,” A large smile spread on her face as she watched my expression. If i could have gone any paler then I already was, then I would have gone transparent. This was embarrassing.
“Oh uh,” Instead of my cheeks going red, I could feel them get colder. Ashley laughed elegantly and waved her hand lightly.
“Don't worry about it. I'm not like Sophie Ann and wanting to be praised everywhere I go,” She laughed lightly and took a sip of the glass that was infront of her. With the wift of the liquid moving in the glass I smelt the blood and my gum's ached. There was a pause between the two of us for a minute before Ashley leaned in closer.
“So you must be Eric's child then? Other then Pam?” She raised her eyebrow again and looked at me intently. I nodded slowly, not sure it if was a good thing or a bad thing that I was from Eric.
“I was dating him. Sohpie Ann nearly killed me- and I woke up like this,” With a shrug of my shoulders I accepted the fate that I had already done, months ago.
The whole way over seas I talked with Ashley. She was telling me about her life. She was almost as old as Eric at 780 years old. Ashley explained how even though she loves Georgia, that one of her favorite places was Paris. She had good friends there that, once I got there, she would help me meet them and get myself settled. I couldnt have been more greatful then I was right now for a random stranger.
Ashley relived her vivid memories of Paris in the exciting times of the city. The stories of love, passion and lust were the most common. By the sounds of it Paris seemed to just be a city filled with love. Maybe going a city of love after leaving Eric wans't the best thing....
Once we landed and were walking off slowly Ashley turned to me.
“Now Nikki, I don't care what you say. You're going to come stay with me at my place until we get you set up here with your own place, alright?” Ashley pulled her fur coat over her shoulders and smiled sweetly.
The air was crisp, almost cold, even though I couldn't feel cold anymore. I could taste the air on my tongue. The sky was dark and there were many vampires running around doing several things. Ashley made her way over to a long limo that was waiting for her. Staff were putting her suitcases and my single one into the back of her limo.
“Oh your magesty- I -” Ashley raised a hand and shook her head.
“First of all. My name is Ashley, don't call my your majesty!” Her face was serious now and she crossed her arms over her chest. “And I won't take no for an answer. You must simply come with me to my home. You have no where to go other then an over priced vampire hotel that you'll learn nothing from!” A warmer smile spread across her face.
My mind ticked quickly. She was right. I had no one here, and she was the cloests thing I had to a friend. I smiled and made a little curtsy.
“Of course I'll come with you Ashley, who else better to show me around Paris!” My arm linked with hers lightly as we crawled into the back of the limo.
♠ ♠ ♠
another one! yay lol i've got so many stories on the go right now i'm so happy that this one was written months ago :P thanks guys!