Killing Me Slowly

Melissa The Ghost Whisperer Part 2

We got back to the room and Brit and Sam went for a walk while I laid on the bed with my arm covering my eyes. “Hey…are you sure you’re alright?” Dean asked me as he walked over to me.

He crawled onto the bed and hovered over me, staring into my eyes. “Yea…yea, I’m great…just really tired…and a lot’s on my mind…” I moved my hand to the back of his head to play with some of his hair.

He leaned his head into my hand. “You wanna talk about it?”

“Not really…but…I just need to know…how much would it take…for you to get totally freaked out by…me” I used my hand to gesture. He knew what I was talking about.

“Honestly…it would take a lot…all you have to do…is not go over to the dark side with Dick Roman” he said with disgust but still had a smile.

“So no matter what…you won’t go running for the hills…you would take me and all my crazy ass powers as is?” I asked.

“Melissa…if you have to ask me this now…considering everything we’ve already been through…then you obviously don’t know me” he replied and then kissed me. I smiled into it. “What brought this up anyway?”

“I don’t know…like I said…a lot’s on my mind” I sighed and tried not to feel so awkward with Bobby being in the room the whole time. At least he turned his back…I could’ve still lived without his comments and sound effects though.

“I know what will get your mind off of everything” he smirked and wiggled his eyebrows as he took my hand and shot us off the bed, leading me to the bathroom.

I laughed. But then I snapped a look back at Bobby and mouthed him to stay…I was able to hear him say yea, like I’d want to see that. Dean and I started to make out, throw each other’s clothes off and we fumbled into the shower together as he turned it on. I squealed as the freezing water hit me. He pulled me close to him again and kissed me hard and passionately and sweet all at once. And for a bit…I forgot about how our dead guardian was in the other room…and about how our best friend was put in a mental institute…and about how leviathans were trying to take over…for a moment…it was just me and Dean…no one else….

“So besides Whitman’s fiancé, Dexter was also convicted of killing a bunch of hookers” we both heard Brit say as I was able to hear her and Sam come walking into the bathroom.

I could tell Brit jumped up onto the sink counter and Sam was flipping through a newspaper. Dean and I both froze as his back was up against a wall and I pushed myself up against him with my lips on his.

“Yea…then he escaped before they could hang him…but then he went back and he was found shot to death…why would he escape and go back to where he was arrested?” Sam added.

I took my lips away from his and used my eyes to tell him to answer them…I tried to hide my laughing into his chest.

“I don’t know. Add that to the list of things I don’t know” he voiced.

“Ya know, if I could, I would be getting old waiting on you four to figure this thing out” I heard Bobby say. What the hell? Was this a friggin party?

“Hey…where’s Mel?” Brit asked.

Dean looked down at me and we were both trying not to laugh. “Umm I don’t know. She’s not out there? Maybe she went for a walk” he tried.

They were both silent for a moment. “She’s in there with you, isn’t she” Sam said. I put my hand up to my forehead and shook my head.
Then I stuck my head out from behind the curtain on one side as he did on the other side.
“Oh my god. I feel dirty” Brit said and raced out.

“Seriously, dude! Man, give us a warning!” Sam said and raced after her.

“Well maybe you should knock next time!” I called after him and we both started laughing.

I dried myself off, changed my clothes and then when I walked back into the bathroom I saw Dean frozen in his spot, staring at the mirror that said Annie stuck in house. “Did you write this?” he asked cautiously.

“No…I didn’t…” I murmured.

“Sam! Brittney!” he called and they raced to us. “Did you two…” he started but they shook
their heads. My eyes went to Bobby.

“I had to do something” he told me.

“Who are you! Show yourself” Dean demanded.

I let out a deep breath. “It’s Bobby” I finally said.

They all looked at me. “What?” Sam asked. “What are you talking about, Mel?” Brit asked.

“We don’t have time for questions and I don’t have time to explain. I just know it’s Bobby and
I know we have to get to that house” I said and rushed out as they followed.

We got to the mansion and we were all worried about Annie and whatever was holding her. But when it was time to head in…I couldn’t force my feet to move. “Hey…why don’t you two head on in. we’ll catch up” Dean suggested and Sam and Brit walked inside as he got to my side.

“I don’t know if I can go in, Dean…there are so many of them…” I whispered. “And I don’t mean to pull a Five Sense on you but I’m seriously seeing dead people everywhere and I have no idea what’s going on with me or with where we are on Dick Roman and I just…I’m kind of freaking out a little…”

He didn’t reply for a moment. He just nodded…as if taking everything in and processing. “Well…I don’t know what’s going on with you but I do know that Melissa Stern is never scared to go into some cheap haunted house. And she’s definitely not scared of any ghost…worry about the other stuff later…focus on what’s here now…isn’t that what you taught me?”

“But…”

“No buts…you can do this, Mel. We got your back…I’m here with you. I’m not going anywhere” he stared into my eyes and I saw he wasn’t lying. I nodded. “Now when you saw these ghosts, did they seem…” he started as he began to walk and I followed.

“Vengeful, no. They just seemed…trapped, ya know? But I didn’t see Annie…and Bobby said he saw two ghosts that were really having a heated discussion and…”

“You’ve been talking to Bobby” he said as he stopped talking.

“Yea…at first I was hoping he was just a hallucination…like I wanted to see him so I was seeing him kind of thing…but then I realized it was real…I just didn’t know how to tell any of you…”

He let out a deep breath. “We’ll deal with it later…come on” he said and we walked in.

I’ve never seen Dean so calm, cool and collected before…especially not when it came to Bobby. When I walked in…I felt myself get even closer to Dean when I didn’t even mean to do it. He noticed and took my hand. Then a video camera slid out in front of us.

“That’s not weird” he muttered as he picked it up. I lifted my head and there they were…Bobby and Annie.

They were standing next to some other woman to but I felt such relief to see them both. “Dean…it’s Annie” I whispered. “Yea…I see that” he said, pointing to the camera screen. We saw her face appear.

“Melissa…I’m so glad someone can finally see us” she let out a sigh of relief. “It’s good to see you too” I smiled. I felt Dean eyeing me but I ignored it as he called Brit and Sam to us.

“Alright…so if she’s here…where is she?” Sam asked.

“Well…” I started.

“Alright, is there some easier way to contact us and not through Melissa the ghost whisperer
here? Come on, guys. We could really know what’s going on right now” Dean pleaded.

And then they all jumped as the other woman got in front of us. “Wait…please. I’m Victoria” she introduced. “Where’d you come from?” Sam demanded. “Here…I was a fancy lady” she said simply.

“A hooker?” Dean asked bluntly and Brit and I both nudged him as she shifted in her spot.

“Annie is here, right? My friend isn’t just going crazy?” Brit asked. “Okay, that hurt” I told her.

“Yes, she’s here. You can’t see here” They all looked down. “No you aren’t standing on her” she told them. I rolled my eyes.

“You wanna just tell them?” Bobby asked. “I will. In my day we believed in polite conversation” she said. “What? Tell us what?” I asked. “Annie’s in terrible danger “From who?” Dean asked.

“Whitman Van Ness”

“But he’s dead”

“I thought you said they were good”

“Okay just processing lady, define terrible danger”

“Whitman has great power over all of us in the house. He killed Annie. She says you can free us. Please you must…” But before she could finish her whole body began to go up in flames and she screamed bloody murder.

My eyes widened as I jumped at the sight. “I…I didn’t see who did it to her…it just…happened” I narrowed my eyes. “Well, I’d say she’s telling the truth considering she got ghost dead” Dean said. “So Whitman Van Ness?” Brit asked. “Well at least we know who’s bones to salt and burn” Sam said and they all headed out. I turned to look at Bobby and Annie quickly before heading out myself.

We were all on the road when Sam found the right cemetery to head to but on the way there, I felt an incredible weight on my chest. Like some kind of force was here with us and it was just unsettling. “Mel? What is it?” Dean asked.

“I don’t know…something’s wrong…” I shook my head.

“Alright…hang in there. We’re almost there” he told me and suddenly he started to go faster.

“Okay just take it easy”

“Yea, Dean, we won’t get there if we get into an accident” Brit voiced.’
 
“It isn’t me…” he said and suddenly Whitman’s ghost appeared in between me and Dean and grabbed hold of the steering wheel so he could make the car start to swerve. My eyes widened but I tried to help Dean gain control again…but I just ended up getting thrown to the side, hitting my head against the window.

Dean finally skidded to a stop as he threw the car to the side and everyone jumped out as I got out sluggishly and Brit got to my side. “Why is he with us?” Sam yelled. “I don’t know, must be something on us. You didn’t see him?” Dean asked. “I guess since he didn’t want to be seen…” I shrugged.

“Hey, hey…” Sam said as he pulled out a key from his pocket. But then Whitman appeared behind him and stuck his hand into Sam’s back as he dropped the key. “Sam!” Dean yelled.
But then I whipped out my gun and shot at the key, causing the ghost to vanish. “Did that do it? Did it get rid of him?” Sam breathed out. “I don’t think so. We may have just snapped him back to his favorite house…come on, we have to salt his add, quick” I said and we got back in the car.

We got the job done and could only hoped it worked in time. We headed back to the mansion and I opened the door to see Bobby on the floor with Annie at his side. “Hey kids” he breathed out. I smiled and shook my head at him. “Bobby?” Dean said, stiffly.
My eyes widened at him…and then at Brit and Sam.

“Wait…you can see me?” he asked, getting to his feet. None of them moved or made a sound. “You’re staring you know” he mentioned. I saw tears were in Brit’s eyes. “Annie’s here too”

“Hi Annie” they all chorused. “She said you all look uglier than she remembered” he joked and she nudged him. “She did not” I muttered with a laugh. Bobby smiled at me.

“Bobby…how did you stay here?” Sam asked. He went to the desk and pulled out his flask, tossing it to Dean. I think he was in shock that he was actually able to catch it. “Suck on that Swazi”

“That’s why it never worked. I always tried calling you. The talking board…it never worked because Dean always had that thing in his pocket” Sam said. “So what happened? Did you get stuck” Brit asked concerned.

“I wanted to stay. I needed to help”

That’s when sadness filled me. “Not if it means you have to be…this” Sam said.

“Well life wasn’t comfortable so why should death be? Now come on, Annie and I found the dead bodies. Lets put them to rest…and keep my damn flask away from the fire, obviously” He headed for the stairs…we were stuck. “You coming?”

Once we all finished clean up…including putting Annie to rest upon her request…we all got ready to leave. “I’ll miss her” Bobby sighed. “Yea, me too” Dean said.

“Well you didn’t know her like I did” Well you’d be surprised….

“Cheers to Annie. She got the hunters funeral she always wanted…kinda like the one we thought we gave you” Dean said, drinking from the flask.

“Dean…” I sighed.

“What were you thinking Bobby? You could be in Heaven right now drinking beers at
Harvells. Instead you’re stuck here…”

“Stuck here with you?”

“It’s not right and you know that”

“We still have work to do Dean…but you’re right, what was I thinking?” he semi-snapped and then vanished from all of our sight.

We hit the road. “So what do we do?” Sam asked from the back seat. “We did what we were supposed to do…now…I don’t know” Dean answered.

“Do you think it could work?” Brit asked, unsure.

“I don’t know…maybe. I’ve never heard of it…but you know what I do know? This aint the natural order of things. Everything is supposed to end, he was supposed to…” he stopped.
I eyed him. I could see the obvious pain in his eyes. It was back. Everything we went through when Bobby first died…it was all resurfacing. “Now…what are the odds this ends well?” he wondered

He looked over at me and I tried to give him a reassuring look but I probably just looked like I was in pain…like always. So much for that person I was in the beginning of this case that always tried to perk everyone else up…now I couldn’t even find the energy to manage a smile. I took Dean’s hand and held it as my eyes glanced back over my shoulder at Bobby who was in the middle of Sam and Brit. He couldn’t control his ghost stuff yet so he couldn’t just allow the others to just see him. I guess we were kind of in the same boat…even though I was hoping to abandon ship. I was just getting the hand of getting stronger, now I have to deal with new powers too? Dean was right though…what are the odds this all ends well?
♠ ♠ ♠
i know i know i've been KILLING you all. but things have been SO crazy on my end and plus this dang show with their hiatuses. u all deserve so much more than my excuses so ill spare you. on a happier note...WHOS EXCITED FOR THE 8TH SEASON?!?! i know i am :D

<<333