Killing Me Slowly

Wish You Were Here... Part 2

My POV

Time wasn't something we had. We couldn't waste it worrying about things that weren't necessary. I was fine. Let's move on. We had new info and we had to run with it. I couldn't afford to show them that I was scared. Scared to leave them...scared to have happened to me whatever would happen to Dick. We went thru all of the security cams but really there was no point in looking for a tell between all the fake Dicks, they all a virtual Dick brain so our next question was what would the real Dick be doing...and that’s when things got even more complicated....

"Is that the best you can do? Idjits" a voice came from behind us.

We all turned and saw Bobby standing there with the guiltiest look I've ever seen on a man. I noticed Dean moved in front of me protectively and on instinct but he did it nonchalantly...not wanting Bobby to notice.

“Bobby. We didn't know if you’d…” Brit started.

“Well, you should've. You got the flask” He began to shake his head. “Dumb. You should've burned it right off”

“Bobby…” I started sadly.

His eyes met mine and there was so much pain…regret…hate…and it was all directed at himself. “I'm still jonesing to go back…grab some poor bastard, kamikaze 'em going after Dick. It's bad” he said, honestly.

Suddenly a video on the laptop began to play and it was about Dick. I noticed Bobby shift in his spot so I narrowed my eyes at the laptop and it’s lid slammed shut. Bobby looked up at me and then so did the others. I just kept my eyes on Bobby.

“Let's be real. I damn near killed the two of you…and that woman” he said.

“If Melissa wasn’t able to heal herself right away, she’d be dead right now” Dean said almost monotonously, trying to control his anger. “Dean” I snapped lightly, tugging on his arm, shaking my head.

“It wasn't your fault, Bobby…not really” Sam said.

“Right. That's just what ghosts turn into. I really bet the farm I could outsmart that”

“So…what's it feel like?” Brit asked cautiously.

“What? Going vengeful? It's an itch you can't scratch out. Look…I'm done. Go get Dick. But don't do it 'cause you think it'll scratch the itch. Do it cause it's the job. And when it's your time…go” he told us.

I felt myself about to cry as my chest ached. He pulled out the stake that he had stabbed into my stomach and it was different now. The tip was completely glass stained red with my blood and it almost looked like my initial was carved into the blood side of the stake. It was as if my blood had combined with the stake to make the ultimate weapon. It was the strangest thing I’ve ever seen…and I’ve seen plenty strange. He set it on the side table and we all just stared at it.

“I’m…so sorry, Melissa”

“It’s alright, Bobby…you have no reason to be sorry. I would’ve done the same thing if I went vengeful” I shrugged with my voice cracking.

“No you wouldn’t have” He’s right. I wouldn’t have…I might’ve done much worse.

Next thing I knew…we had a fire going. “Here's to…running into you guys on the other side. Only…not too soon. All right?” he said, looking into all of our eyes.

And then…Dean tossed the flask into the fire place and we all just stood there and watched it melt away. Our eyes went back up to Bobby and I saw the fire begin at his feet…but that was when I had to turn away. I couldn’t watch him die for a second time. I listened to the flames engulf his spirit and take him away from us again. For a second time. I stood frozen…in shock…that we lost the man who became our father…for good.

~~

Dean was going to try again to get Cas on board with the mission…and he wanted to try and do it alone. I smiled and agreed to it. Cas was really the only best guy friend Dean has ever had. And it makes me sad to see that disappear. But if there’s just a shimmer of hope left for their little bromance to rekindle then that’s good enough for me.

“Well? Did he go for it?” I asked anxiously as Dean came back into the cabin.

“We’re all good to go” he gave me a grin and a thumbs up.

“That’s great!” I said happily as I hugged him tight and he hugged me back, lifting me off the ground. But when he set me down…he didn’t let go.

“You know there’s the chance of not making it out tomorrow…” he murmured in my hair.

“Dean, there’s always that chance when it comes to us”

“Yea…you scared me today”

“I know…I’m sorry…it’s what I wanted to talk to you about though”

He pulled away and grabbed hold of my arms to get a good look at me. “What did you want to talk about?” I didn’t respond right away. “The stake? You didn’t burn that thing yet?”

He ripped his arms away and paced a few steps in the other direction. “Just consider…”

“Consider what? That if we kill Dick with this thing then you’ll die too? There’s nothing to consider! We already have all the stuff we need, we’re ready to go”

“But you know as well as I do that Crowley can’t be trusted. What if we’re in there, we use that stake on Dick and it doesn’t work? Then what? Then we all die for nothing and the whole world is doomed. We can’t risk that, Dean”

“And I’m not risking you. Not anymore. Where is it? I’ll burn it myself” He started to look around.

“You won’t find it” I said simply.

“What, did you use an invisibility spell on it to hide it from me?” he mocked. I shrugged. “You did what?!” he yelled at me.

“We need it as a back up and I knew you would act this way”

“Damn straight I would act this way”

“What the hell…” Brit started as her and Sam came rushing in.

Tell her that we’re not using Bobby’s stake on Dick” Dean snapped.

“Where is it anyway?” Brit asked.

“She friggin used a spell to hide it! Which is very mature, by the way” Dean sneered. I just glared back at him.

“Melissa…we have the other one all set and ready for…” Sam started.

“But you don’t understand! We can’t just go in hoping it will work when we know for sure this one will work. I couldn’t do it knowing there was a possibility we could all get hurt” My eyes went to Brit and I was pleading with her. I needed someone to be on my side. And she saw that.

She came walking over to stand beside me. “She’s right guys. We need a backup weapon just in case the first one fails” she spoke calmly. Dean groaned, throwing his arms into the air. “We won’t use it unless we absolutely need to. But it is a good idea to bring it just in case” she added.

We were all silent for a long time, just waiting for a response from Dean. But all he did was walk out of the cabin and slam the door. “I’ll go talk to him” Sam said and followed him out.

I faced Brit. “Thank you” I whispered, hugging her. “Of course” she whispered back.

Dean didn’t talk to me the rest of the night. But then the next day was the day. We walked out to the Impala. Brit and I squealed as we raced to the car. “Awe, we missed you” Brit cooed.

“Was my truck okay too?” I asked Dean with a smile.

“Yea, it was fine” he said simply.

I sighed. “Look…we might die today…do you wanna show me some kind of affection?” I joked lightly.

He looked at me for a second. “Melissa…I love you and I always will but I’m tired of trying to keep you alive. I thought you were capable of doing that yourself…”

“I…”

“Obviously you don’t want to stay alive if you’re willing to give yourself up so quickly. Do what you want, in the end it really doesn’t matter what I think or say, does it?” he shrugged. I was in shock. I had no idea what to say to him. “How’s that for affection?” he added and then got into the car, slamming the door shut.

I stood there, frozen. He was wrong though. Why couldn’t he see that I was just doing this for him, Sam and Brit? I didn’t want them to get hurt. I never even asked him to try and keep me alive! And that thought got me fired up….

“Are you ready to go into battle, Melissa?” I heard a voice from behind and it was Cas.

I turned to face him and forced a smile as I walked toward him. “Yea…I’m really glad you changed your mind”

“Well…I’m Dean’s wingman and you’re the wing-woman…according to Dean” I chuckled.

“He said that?”

“He did. He cares deeply for you”

“I know. I just wish he knew I felt the same way” I sighed.

“I could tell him” he suggested.

“I bet you could” I laughed.

“May I ask you something?” he wondered shyly.

“Of course”

“Dean has forgiven me…but have you?”

I looked at him gently. “Cas…I forgave you the minute we lost you. You made a mistake. Everyone makes them. But now? We need you back on the team. So…grow some balls and suck it up alright?” I grinned. He smiled lightly.

So then we all piled in and Dean hit the road. The whole way there I kept glancing at Dean from the passenger seat and I wanted to think he was glancing back. But I had to focus on the mission at hand. We began to come up to Sucrocorp but then got out as Meg got in the driver’s seat and the rest of us snuck around the back. As Meg did her job, becoming the distraction, we all snuck inside. Sam and Brit went to go save Kevin (the prophet that Dick was holding captive-in case you forgot about him) while Cas led us around the building, avoiding all of the fake Dick Romans

“That room. It’s him” Cas pointed out.

“Alright. Lets…” Dean started.

“Dean, wait…” I began and suddenly pulled him to me, kissing him hard.

He didn’t resist or pull away. He simply kissed back. I held him close by the collar. “Now probably isn’t a good time but it has to be said. What you say and think is important to me, of course, you should know that. Everything about you is important to me that’s why I feel so strongly about this. I mean, you know how you try to protect me all the time? Well, I’m just trying to do the same. I deserve to have someone there to protect you and that someone just happens to be me. I…”

But he kissed me before I could finish. “Have I told you that you talked to much?” he asked.

“Not lately” I murmured.

“Well you do…and Mel…I wouldn’t want my someone to be anyone else” He put his forehead against mine.

“I don’t mean to interrupt your intimacy at the moment but Dick Roman is approaching” Cas spoke up.

That snapped me and Dean back into action. So then we all snuck into the room and Dean sliced off the head of the leviathan that was in the room with Dick. He turned to face us. “Little abrupt…but okay” he smiled chillingly.

“Castiel. Good to see you again. Thanks for the ride into paradise. And good on you! Pulling that together. A-plus”

“Oh, you don't think this'll work, do you? You trust that demon?” Dean asked.

“You sure I'm even me, Dean?”

“No. But he is. See, here's the thing when dealing with Crowley: he will always find a way to bone you” I could see the rage in his eyes.

“This meeting's over”

Cas made the first move toward Dick but he simply threw him across the room. “Cas!” I went to race to his aid but Dick grabbed me by the hair and threw me into some cabinets.

I fell to the floor and they fell on my legs. I heard a small crack and felt an insane tingle go up and down my body as everything went numb. I don’t think anything broke but I’m pretty sure something popped. That was when Sam and Brit showed up with Kevin. I could see how they wanted to race in to help us…but they knew it was too dangerous.

I looked up to see Dean charged at Dick with the decoy stake and stabbed him. He gasped…but then easily pulled it out. “Did you really think you could trump me?”

“Honestly? No. I figured we'd have to catch you off guard” he replied as Cas sprung up, stabbing him with the real one in his neck.

Dick began to fall to his knees and gag and I even started to think that this was all over…until he reached up, behind his head, and pulled the stake out and he healed right up. “What is wrong with all of you? When will you learn that I am invincible?” he grunted as he shot to his feet, flinging Cas and Dean back at the same time.

His eyes went to me. I felt myself freeze and start to slightly panic. I went to grab the stake out of my boot but I cringed when I tried to move and then I saw it wasn’t even in my boot; it was on the completely other side of the room. I tried to get the cabinets off me but he came over to me and lifted me into the air by my shirt. I didn’t have any strength to fight back.

"Well it was a very cute attempt but close only counts in horse shoes. When will you all understand that I can't be stopped?"

I looked over Deans shoulder and saw his hand landed on he stake...my stake. His eyes met mine and I tried to nod nonchalantly. "Oh Melissa, I had such high promise for you"

"You just wanted me so no one would use my blood against you"

"That isn’t true. Together we would've made the ultimate Turducken burger"

"Oh how that doesn’t sound appetizing" I gasped out as I struggled to get down but he continued to hold me up.

Dean was on his feet now and I saw the hesitation in his eyes. He had a clear opening. He had to go for it now. I tried to use my eyes to send a message to him. It would be alright. Just do it already. "Ya know, Dick...I think you have ADD"

"And why do you say that?"

"Because you get distracted way too easily"

And just then Dean stabbed the stake right through the back of Dicks head. He dropped me to my feet and Dean raced to me side, wrapping an arm around my waist. I didn't realize it was to hold me up until I actually felt my legs begin to go from under me. Dick began to yell out in pain as black goo was oozing out from his mouth...his ears...his nose...his eyes...pretty much everywhere. His face began to transform and he roared in agony. I looked down at myself and saw I was fading.

"Dean" I spoke as my eyes widened and I stepped away from him.

I held my hands up as they were going and coming. And the rest was a blur. Dick exploded into black goo...I went to cover my face...I heard Sam, Brit and Deans voices calling out to me as I felt a hand grab mine and another hand grab onto my shoulder. But then...it was just all darkness.

Sam’s POV

"Sam, we should go" Kevin said in a panic.

"What the hell?" I muttered, looking around the room that was now covered in black goo.

"More chompers any second, Sam" Kevin reminded me.

But then Crowley showed up. “Not to worry. I have a small army of demons outside. Cut off the head, and the body will flounder, after all. Think if you'd had just one king since before the first sunrise. You'd be in a kerfuffle, too"

"Which is exactly what you wanted"

"So did you. Without a master plan, the Levis are just another monster. Hard to stomp, sure, but you love a challenge. Your job is to keep them from organizing"

"Where's Dean...and the girls...?" "That bone... has a bit of a kick. God weapons often do. They should put a warning on the box"

"The bone didn't even work! You lied!" I was angry. I wanted to know where my brother, girlfriend and best friend were. No games.

"I certainly did not. That was a full pint of all me"

"Then why didn't it work?"

He thought for a moment. "Hmm you didn't use The Melissa's blood on a stake trick to kill Dick did you?"

"Yea..."

"Well that’s why! My blood gets cancelled out by that little half demon even if we’re in the same room. And it would explain why your friends aren't here"

"Okay, care to elaborate"

"Well you know very well about the whole what happens to Dick happens to Melissa scenario...but if anyone happened to be within three feet of the girl when she went poof then they would go poof with her"

My eyes widened. Dean was standing right beside her...and Brittney...she...I was so sure she was next to me....

"So where are they, Crowley!" I demanded.

"Can't help you, Sam" Then he snapped his fingers and two demons popped up. "Sorry, Sam. Prophet's mine" he spoke and they took Kevin. It was so fast I didn't even have time to react. "You got what you wanted: Dick's dead, saved the world. So I want one little prophet. Sorry, moose. Wish I could help. You certainly got a lot on your plate right now. It looks like you are well and truly...on your own"

And he was gone. He was right though. I was alone...and on my own. I really wish Dean was here....

Brittney’s POV

When I started to come to everything was dark...and cold...and ominous. I groaned and then went to crawl forward but stopped short when I realized there was nothing left to crawl on. I was trapped...on a tree branch. I was so high up in the air I couldn't see the ground below me. The fog was so thick I couldn't see even five feet in front of me. I heard ominous noises that I couldn't pinpoint their location and so I curled up into a ball, with my back against the trunk and dug my head into my knees, hoping the fog would die down and nothing would bother me since I was obviously staying here for now...alone. I just really wish that Mel was here....

My POV

I felt stiff and sore and almost as if I couldn't move and I couldn't open my eyes either. Like you’re dreaming and you get to a scary part and you try to force yourself to awake put you won't. I tried to calm myself down as I sensed out my surroundings. It was cold...damp...and definitely dark considering I wasn't having any light coming through my eye lids. I don't even think I could find my voice to speak or yell. I wasn't sure what was wrong with me but it couldn't be good. But what I was sure of? Was that I was alone. And all I wanted was for Brit to be here with me.

Dean’s POV

I was almost hoping to wake up next to Melissa...in our bed...at home...ya know, the home we used to have...but I knew it would be too easy. "Wake up" a very un-Mel-like voice ordered.

I opened my eyes and saw Cas standing above me. I got to my feet and looked around at the dark sky and freakish trees. "Where are we?" I asked him.

"You don't know?"

"Last I remember, we ganked Dick with the anti-Melissa stake...she started to do this weird fading thing and...that’s it"

"And where would Dick go in death?"

I felt my chest tighten. "Wait. Are you telling me...?"

"Every soul here is a monster. This is where they come to prey upon each other for all eternity"

I heard rustling in the distance and suddenly I was paranoid. "We're in Purgatory? How do we get out?" I felt myself begin to panic.

"I'm afraid we're much more likely to be ripped to shreds" I spun and stared into the shadows of the trees and I could see pairs of red eyes just watching me.

"Cas, I think we better..." I started but I saw he wasn't here anymore. "Cas?" I called out.

My heart was beating so fast and loud I couldn't even hear myself think. But then again...I was too freaked out to process a thoughts. If I was here then Melissa had to be here...which meant I had to find her. But first I had to survive myself. I was alone and on my own and I wasn't thinking about Melissa at the moment. I was thinking about how I wished Sammy was here to get me out of this....
♠ ♠ ♠
well here it is! finale!
time for hellatus :p
thank you all for commenting and sharing your love with me. its rll inspiring :)

<<333