Status: Active

Wake of Devastation, Lost in Desperation

Vulnerable

My heart broke watching Michael leave with his head down. At first, I didn't understand why a slap in the face was such a big deal to him but then I remembered. 

That day after the infamous massacre in Nove Hrady. 

My memories of that day is still a bit blurry but I remember the guard slapping Michael across his face. Michael just wanted food from Sayer and that slap in the face hurt him. Old wounds never heal and what Sayer just did brought him back to the terrible memories. Why did she do that? What the hell was she thinking?

"I'm going to talk to Michael" I decided, not meeting eye contact with any of the remaining knights. 

"Shouldn't you leave him alone?" two gentle hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me back into his chest. I growled at the contact but looking into Chester's eyes, my expression softened. 

Why did I show him my weakness? I had to break down in front of him when he confessed his love for me. 

Without giving him a glance, I sat down on a seat across from him. The long table made it easy to not give him a care in the world. 

"Good morrow, princess Eurydice, I'm hoping you slept well" and he speaks. 

I ignored him. 

"Eurydice?"

At this time, butlers emerged from the door leading to the kitchen, placing fancy dishes on the crystal table. 

I fiddled with strands of my red hair, pretending to not pay a mind to him. I'm not supposed to care about what that traitor has to say. Even if I want to show him everything and hand myself over to him, I couldn't. I'm stronger than most living things and I would lose my life-long reputation if I gave it all away just for
love

The sound of footsteps didn't shift an inch of my resistance to look. I'm used to fighting wants and needs. Not looking up in curiosity was no challenge. 

But when a hand fell in contact with my chin, I gave in. In my defense, I had to look up due to the hand tilting my head up to meet the eyes I've been dreading to look at. 

He gazed at me with an expression I've never seen from him before. His eyebrows are furrowed slightly, his lips was tugged slightly upwards, the look in his eyes was deep into my soul. I don't know what that is but I can't keep looking at them. My heart couldn't take the unsteady beat in my chest. I couldn't stand feeling so vulnerable. 

So I looked away.

"Eurydice" he whispered softly, turning my gaze back to him. His eyes pleaded for something that I'm not so sure of. He wanted something from me and I'm afraid to think what it is. Just thinking about it would make me give in. I don't want to give into him. 

His thin, elfish fingers caressed my face and I had to fight against my desire to push them away. He frowned, trying to hold my gaze again.

I couldn't look at him. I'd lose it if he keeps making me feel like this. 

"Eurydice, just hear me out" 

I got up from my seat on the priceless crystal chair. Getting up, I was immediately pulled into his chest. Maybe I would fight to fall out of his grip but I couldn't anymore. My mind was convinced that he didn't betray me. But I didn't want to believe that. I've been wanting to fight the truth so I can believe what I want to believe. It doesn't work out in the end.

The truth will eventually engrave in your head and it won't leave you unless you learn it. 

"I know you feel like we've betrayed you but what I want to talk to you about has no relevance to this. Elf or not, I'm in love with you" I could feel his breath against my ears. Then he was probably playing with my hair because I could feel something run against them. 

But to hear those words come out of his mouth was unbelievable. Chester isn't the kind of person to ever admit that. Alike me, he doesn't like showing his weak side. He loves rubbing his accomplishments in other people's faces and show them off. Confessing his love to me was somewhat strange. 

"I know you'll never say anything and you're always too afraid to let any of your true emotions out. The difference between you and Sayer is that she hides her emotions so well that no one can decode them. As for you, it's obvious to everyone that you like hiding your true emotions with this hard, intimidating facade. You can scare anyone and watch them run off but you'll never push me away. I'm not going to run away from you. Maybe you're fine burying your emotions deep inside of you but I can see that your struggling to show me a part of you. You can run from me but you can't hide the fact that I'll always care for you and love you unconditionally" hearing those words, I sobbed against his chest. Realizing this, I quickly pulled away from him. 

For him to read me so well and to love me for it, it means the world to me. My whole insides are erupting with unwanted emotions. I didn't want him to see me cry. I didn't even want to cry at all but I've been locking my vulnerability inside for far too long. For him to love me after only seeing my ugliness, just tears me apart. How could he love me when I've been scaring people off? How could he be the only one who won't run off by the mass amount of intimidation I provide?

"Don't ever feel like you have to hide your weaknesses. I've learn the same thing. My weakness was you. I can fight the leaders of all four kingdoms at once without proving any fear or weaknesses but if I never see you again for the rest of my life, I'd fall down to my knees and let everyone see the sorrow. Don't ever feel like you have to hide anything from me. Don't resist me, I love you for everything. Every single part of you is heaven and better. Nothing can change my mind about it and if you decide to run from me and slip away in my hands, I'd die" 

My tears are falling uncontrollably. The liquid from my eyes are dropping gracefully by my cheeks. His hands managed to catch some of the falling tears and caress my face. This time, I didn't move a muscle. His touch felt like a godly movement and I wouldn't trade that feeling in me for anything in the world. 

His fingers left my face and in replacement, a pair of lips gently brushed against mine. It was so soft and irresistible. The feeling made me weak and for once, I didn't mind.


And then the whole commotion between Sayer and Michael happened. 

"No" I replied, shaking my head back to present time.
 
I broke away from Chester's grip and faced him.

"You didn't leave me alone. And I'm not going to see their worlds crumble down because they made a huge mistake of not confronting their problems" his lips broke into a huge grin and nodded in approval. 

"Go talk to Michael, make sure everything is alright!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter! It's so sweet and fun writing this! Chester/Eurydice ftw! Finally the lovey dovey moment I never imagined myself writing!

Please subscribe and comment! It's the key to my motivation!

- Lacey