Status: Active

Wake of Devastation, Lost in Desperation

Devotion

"So it took you idiots one day to notice that Sayer left with the others?" I retorted in disbelief. 

Michael ordered some elves to scan the castle for my sister and apparently, she's no where to be found. 

"Why did they leave though?" Chester questioned, wondering aloud.

"She's onto something" Michael murmured, stroking his chin, deep in thought. 

My mind went blank as I tried to come up with possibilities for Sayer's departure in this castle. It wouldn't be as insane if she didn't drag Robert, Joseph, and Bradley along with her. But there must be some kind of reason behind it. We must find out.

"I'm sending some of my men to scan the forests. Sayer could be in grave danger if we don't find backup for her" Michael was saying to Chester. 

"She's with the other knights, remember?"

"But you don't know what lies in the forest" Michael looked alarmed as he said it.

"Then instead of sending your elves to find it, why don't we go find her? You want her to be safe right? Go save her yourself" Chester suggested, crossing his arms cockily in satisfaction. 

Just because he came up with a brilliant suggestion doesn't mean he can gloat about it. 

"Will you and David accompany me?" Michael glanced at his friend, hopeful.

"Of course, how can I ever deny Prince Michael?" 

"Your absolutely right now let's..."

"Wait!"

The two stopped their movements to glare at me. Their eyebrows raised and slight irritation could be shown on their face. 

"I'm coming with you guys!" I demanded.

"No, you're not" Chester disagreed and Michael shook his head along with the knight.

My stare at them hardened and Michael looked to be intimidated. He would have given in if it weren't for Chester sending me a hard glare back. 

"Why not?" I growled. I'm the princess and they are supposed to listen to me. I don't need their permission. 

"Because it's too dangerous and I don't want to risk your life" Chester answered, not looking away from my gaze.

"I can take care of myself. Sayer and I protected ourselves in this forest before you guys came along!" 

"Eurydice, listen to me. You do not know what you're getting yourself into. This is not a time for you to play the hero. We know you're strong and want to fight but leave this to us. You can prove yourself some other time" Chester held my gaze sternly, only seriousness tinted in his eyes. 

Michael nodded along with him, making sounds of agreement. 

I rolled my eyes at them. "Fine, you can go on without me but it'll make me feel worthless"

Chester's expression lightened as if making sure I wasn't serious. Of course I wasn't. Whatever plan I could come up with to convince them, I'm down.

"Eurydice don't..."

"No, it's your turn to listen to me. I hate being left out of your adventures and if you guys leave here without me, I swear I will put this sword" I held out my weapon in promise, "through my heart!"

Their eyes widened in fear. 

"So, am I going on this trip with you guys?" I finally asked, an accomplished smirk on my face.

Speechlessly, they nodded, beckoning for me to follow them.

The three of us, along with David got geared up and prepared cautiously for this hunt to finding my sister and the others. 

Michael provided me unlimited weapon selection which I was pretty flustered with. I picked out a shield that was made of steel and the design that was carved into the center was orange and yellow with the symbol of the Zratil les Kingdom. The quality looks to be good enough for serious combat. I'd be fine.

"Prepare that for Sayer" Michael handed me a bow made of magical elf oak and the arrows in the quiver was unique. The arrow head was made out of gold that could only be found in Zratil les. It looks like it could easily stab through the heart of any magical creatures and suffocate them if it didn't provide them immediate death. The arrow tail is made of real golden Phoenix feather. Through evaluation, I couldn't tell what the specialty of the golden Phoenix feather provide. I'm sure it symbolizes something though.

After examining the bow and arrows, I stuck them in my belt delicately. I looked over to see Chester preparing a collection of mid length swords for who I assume to be himself. His eyes showed pure concentration as he made each selection, sticking the desired ones in his belt. Then he took a good look at the shields hung on the walls, contemplating while feeling the base and surface of each. 

I picked out a few thin long swords, each made with different materials so I could have a large variety when I use them to fight different opponents. My belt was loaded with a bunch of weapons and it bothered me. If I don't take some out, it would be a burden to run around with heavy equipment on me. 

I took out each of my long swords and through the process of elimination, I selected the three weapons that I believe I'd most likely need. My own trusty steel sword, the golden elf metal one that could suffocate any magical creatures, and a granite sword that could take on larger in size opponents. 

David simply picked up his miniature steel sword and stuck it in his belt, nodding at us to signify that he was ready. 

The four of us left the castle with our heads held high and confidence in place. We were going to find Sayer whether we make it out alive or not. That determined look in Michael's eyes shows complete prove that Sayer will be found safe and sound. If anyone ever dares to touch my sister, the vampire-elf prince will tear the offender to unforgivable pieces. The stride in Michael's walk shows apparent signs.

As we got deeper into the dark green forest, I notice Chester looking around, paranoid. Then he would always stay close to me as if he wanted to make sure that no one would attack me unanimously. It somehow gave me comfort but it started to get on my nerves. 

I hate it when he thinks I'm not capable of handling myself. I'm stronger than most of the imbeciles in this forest. With the weapons I have, no one dares to ever cross me. I carry special combat abilities and confronting me would end bad for them. 

"I don't see anyone anywhere" David murmured, eying every inch behind the bushes observantly. His fingers gripped onto the handle of his sword tightly and his stance showed caution. He looked like he was ready to fight anything and anyone at any given time now. 

"Shh, I hear something" Chester whispered, shifting his position quietly. The sound of rustling leaves were made with every movement and it frightened me. Anything would attack us any second. It made me nervous and excited at the same time. This time I get to fight and prove to Chester that I can handle myself. If the group behind the bushes weren't Sayer and the knights. 

As the rustling sounds neared, everyone's body structure tensed, including mine. Their battle stance remained motionless and their grips on their respective weapons tightened. Their eyes never left the specific spot where the movements occurred.

Within seconds, a string of sickle blades shot out from behind the bush. We all moved out of the way. As I looked over, Chester was being pulled towards that area of bushes. I gasped as I eyed the long string of blades wrapped intensely around his ankles. 

Chester grunted, struggling to free himself from the grip the opponent set him.

"Chester! Don't move!" I instructed in high volume. 

He stopped moving and waited until the sickle pulled him behind the bush.

David, Michael, and I ran after Chester behind the bushes to see the group of elves behind the commotion. 

There were about a dozen of them. Instead of being clad in the signature chain mails that the elves in the castle had, they wore dark clothing like the elf that attacked Sayer and I upon our unexpected arrival. 

A thought popped into my head as a realization. What Chester told me in the throne room at night fall yesterday was right. The elf and henchman that dragged us here was with the opposers. They were planning to drag Sayer and I out into the forest so they could kill us. The opposers want us dead but they failed. Why would they want to kill us? I guess I have to find out.

Bringing my head back to reality, the group stabbed at Chester with their short ranged weapons and he tried his best to fight off their attacks. The one wielding the sickle just stood there, smirking at his pain. My teeth clenched at the sight. That sick elf is mine.

The group stopped attacking Chester to run toward us. Six elves stuck their swords out to fight David and Michael. One of the elves swung their dagger at Michael but the prince clashed his long sword against it with ease. They clashed swords for several rounds before Michael found the opening and stabbed his golden sword through the elf's heart. The creature dropped on the floor, slowly rotting into ashes.

David and Michael tried to fight off the elves as five were onto me. One attacked with their short sword and I jumped in the air over the five elves to dodge that attack as well as holding my sword out at the sickle wielding elf and landing on him with my golden sword stuck in his chest. The elf froze in motion as his grip on the sickle loosened. 

Smirking, I pulled the sickle out of the dead elf's hand and pulled the blades away from Chester's ankles. 

I didn't have time to help him up and reply to his low mumble of "thanks". The five elves were now clashing their weapons with my single long sword. 

Finally, I pulled my steel sword out of my belt and fought the elves with two weapons. One of the elves sliced at my flesh while I was distracted with the other four. 

I didn't take the time to check my cut as I concentrated on finding an opening to one of them while trying to stay alive. One swung their sword horizontally at my head and I ducked in time, clashing my steel sword against one of the short swords. Two more weapons come striking at me vertically and I had to kick one of them away while I flung my golden sword out against the other.

But as I did this, another elf was coming at me, preparing to stab me from behind. I didn't have enough time for defense since I'm occupied with the other three. But merely inches for that weapon to hit my body, another sword from behind the elf struck through his chest and his corpse fell lightly to the grass. I met eyes with Chester before focusing back to my opponents.

"You take two and I take two" Chester suggested. I didn't exchange looks with him but I agreed. 

I swung my steel sword at one and they easily stuck their weapon out in defense. The other elf slashed at me, leaving another cut on my arm. I hissed in light pain as I clashed swords with both elves, each occupied arms dedicated to one. 

Usually it's hard for any noble person to fight two battles with two arms at once but for me it's no problem. I have a wide expansion of concentration and it's easy for me to pay attention and stay cautious on two. 

Easily I found an opening for the elf to my left and I swung horizontally, detaching its head from the body. I grimaced at the blood oozing out of it's fallen form and gave my undivided attention to the last one I had to face. 

The elf stuck out his weapon just to meet mine. A grin broke out on my lips as a obvious plan formulated into my head. I took turns with each sword to slam against the elves and made him memorize the pattern for the weapons I use. I kept going along with the pattern until I finally mixed the orders up, confusing him. When he expected for his bronze sword to meet with my steel one, I used my golden sword to block the attack instead. Being caught off guard and disoriented, I found the easy opening below his chest to stick my steel sword easily through it. 

The final elf fell back words and remained there motionlessly. 

I turned to examine the rest of the scene. David and Michael were trying to finish off the final of the six elves on them. Chester had to take down his final one as well. 

And they thought I couldn't handle myself. 

I shook my head at the thought and decided to help Chester.

The elf was concentrating hard on seeking an opening to kill the knight. I, being the smarter of the rest, snuck up behind the opponent and lounged forward with my sharp weapon sticking out. 

The sword stuck in the elf's body and the creature yelled its death cry before burning into ashes. 

Chester looked at me in disbelief before pulling me into an immediate hug. 

"I'm glad your alright" he mumbled against my hair.

"I'm in better shape than you are in this battle" I smirked. 

By that time the other two already killed off their final opponent.

Chester let go of me to examine my wounds. He gasped, tracing his fingers gently against the cuts on my left arm. The faint stinging pain caused a hissing sound to escape out of my mouth.

"Sorry" he whispered, pressing his lips lightly against it. I smiled slightly, almost slapping myself at the realization. 

"Chester, my son!" footsteps followed the deep male voice that interrupted our moment. 

All four heads shot up and I gasped. 

That face. That face of the human man. It was familiar. Maybe it was known to my eyes scarcely but it was clear. That face was from somewhere. I've seen it in my head so many times. I just can't grasp onto it.

"Father" Chester said, gritting the word through his teeth. 

My head tilted slightly, trying to think. 

Chester has a father? 

Well since Michael's mother is Queen Vira, queen of Zratil les, it's greatly possible that the rest of them have been lying about their families as well.

But this man...

This man...

"My dear son, we meet again" the man took a few steps closer to his son. 

Chester stuck his sword out in warning.

"Do not take another step closer!"

The man's gaze fell on me.

"What are you doing with a useless human girl?" a smirk on the man's face made me growl. 

"Do not even lay your eyes on her. I will cut your head off if you even dare to step in a 10 meter radius near her!" Chester spat out violently. It was scary, really. Even I, the most intimidating person ever, wouldn't want to get on his bad side at this moment. The look on his face was ready to kill and his grip on the sword was shaking furiously. 

"Chester" I mumbled.

He dropped his glare at his father to look at me.

"This man..."

"Yeah?"

"This man, your father, he killed my... My..." tears formed in my eyes, staining my vision. 

But I could see Chester's understanding look through the blurriness. 

"Your father"          
♠ ♠ ♠
A long chapter for you guys!! Subscribe and comment <3

Love,
Lacey