Status: Active

Wake of Devastation, Lost in Desperation

Push

Nightfall comes and the battle goes on. 

I'm exhausted and I think one of us might get killed very soon.

We've been fighting for so many hours and all seven of us managed to survive. I have no idea why, but I'm thankful either way.

Lyla, Robert's mother kept sending more of their opposing elf troops to attack us as we pummel them almost mechanically. 

We fought and fought, wondering how the hell we survived through all the battles.

The elf I'm currently fighting had a long ranged weapon which I find refreshing. Most of the elves I've fought with so far wielded short ranged weapons or the dangerous sickles. 

Lucky for us, there wasn't any ungrateful encounters with sickle wielding elves so far into this 13th hour of fighting. I think we will end up dying if Lyla keeps sending more troops. How many elves opposed Nove Hrady? It's so upsetting knowing that this bunch of infinite elves disagreed with their leader and the only way to deliver their protests is to form a large group. 

The elf swung his sword at me and I ducked just to fall off balance. Another elf came into view, attempting to stab me vertically. I rolled to the other direction in time to miss the attack.

The elf slashed at me, inflicting pain and a cut. I didn't have time to avoid the attack. Exhaustion hits my whole body and I feel like I wanted to give up. Plus, it's agonizing having to fight during nightfall. Everything is dark and I could hardly see my surroundings.

"Eurydice!" I hear Chester. He sounded near. Maybe he was beside me. He was really worried about me since the nasty cut he provided to my hand effected the way I held my weapon. That made him extra cautious while fighting enemies. But he wouldn't believe me when I assured him that it didn't affect me. Of course, the idiot wouldn't understand. But I'm extremely superior and is capable of fighting anything under any conditions.

I balanced my body structure to the right when the elf swiped his weapon to the left. He moved horizontally towards me so I ducked and stabbed the golden sword into the elf's thighs. He screamed in agonizing pain and fell to the floor, almost hitting me unconsciously.

We all got cuts and bruises in the duration of this 13 hour long battle but we aren't giving up. The seven of us took down almost a whole population of the Zratil les opposers. At least I'd like to hope so. 

But they keep sending more. It's so impossible to keep up and have no one kill you throughout the process.

"Chester?"

"Just making sure you're alright"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course I am"

"Just didn't want to lose you" then more swords clashed and we're back to fighting routines. No one said anything, all too focused to fight and stay alive.

We fought for a certain amount of time before golden arrows started flying everywhere, killing our enemies. 

The elves dropped dead one by one. It was a easy process. The amount decreased dangerously and it brought a lot of relief to all seven of us. 

When another fair amount of elves got eliminated, the attacker showed up. Several shadowed figures stood and I gasped. 

Michael was the first to run to Sayer when the identity was revealed.

I was so shocked and glad that Sayer managed to live. She was alive enough to want to help us. That's very surprising since she's been split up with us. There's seven of us in a group and one of her. She managed to escape and I have no clue how. I currently don't care since I have to wipe out this elf population. 

We fought and clashed swords, spared tiredly until we wiped out every single elf standing in this section of the forest. Now that the elves are all dead and gone, I took the time to really examine this particular part of the forest. It was familiar. I knew where this was. 

We were near Nove Hrady. 

We are near home.

"Eurydice!" everyone cried out in unison.

I was taken aback by the demanding yells of my sister, lover, and friends that I attempted to wonder what they are fussing about.

I didn't have the time to take any verbal or physical action before I feel a sharp blade pierce through my stomach from my back.

My whole body gave up on me and I no longer could feel anything anymore. I hate this weakness over me but it didn't matter because I'm trying to fight to keep my eyelids open. I'm trying to ignore the excruciating pain in my mid-torso. 

The last thing I could comprehend was Chester screaming my name and Lyla standing over me with her elf fingers clutching her sword tightly against my stomach.  
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating for a few days! I have a lot to do and my social life took over. Sorry! But this chapter is also short cuz I don't want that many things happening in this one. I just want to get this point straight and I feel like all my chapters are so long. I need a short chapter! So this one is it.

Title credit goes to Avril Lavigne