Status: Active

Wake of Devastation, Lost in Desperation

Scheming

I knew I should be with Eurydice, comforting her, and telling her I was behind her every step of whichever path she took, but I couldn't bring myself to lie to her. We needed incognito, but Eurydice had jumped on the big bang wagon and found home.

Part of me was infuriated that the prince had chosen her over me. Eurydice was not fit to rule a kingdom.

Another part of me asked, how did Alexi not recognize me? This was the last kingdom I had been to before leaving to Nove Hrady. We used to play together!

But on a whole scale, I was rather glad no one recognized me. I was well known in this kingdom as a schemer, and scheming was exactly what I was doing.

"Robert, Joseph, David, and Bradley, you'll distract the gaurds. Get them as far away from the church as you can. Remember there are a lot of dead ends here, so it's best just to draw them to a gate. Don't worry, they can't close it. It's automated to close at sunset." I paced in front of the group, glanced at the map, and towards the door. "Mayora, Flora, you go and get a few horses. Steal them, buy them, whatever pleases you. Seven horses should be fine, but fourteen is better. You two," I said gesturing at the other elven girls, "go to the market and buy as much provisions as you can without arousing suspicion."

Chester and Michael stared at me expectantly.

"We'll have to take the prince hostage long enough to get out," I said. "But I want everyone else out before us. We'll meet up at the edge of the forest, no further."

"I'll take him hostage," Chester volunteered with venom. I shook my head.

"Knowing you, you'll probably do enough damage to him that even if we were to flee to the Eastern kingdoms, they would follow. No, I want you to get Eurydice out of here. I swear, Chester, if you let anything happen to my sister, I will be the one to chop your head off." He nodded solemnly, a bit of fear and respect in his eyes. I waited for a second, then turned back to the elf girls. "I want you to cast a spell on Michael and I, to deflect arrows," I said. They glanced at each other.

"That's not a good idea, Sayer," Flora said. "To cast an elven spell on a human..."

"Vira cast one on Jakobi. His Majesty is fine," I lied smoothly. Slowly, they all nodded. I turned to Michael. "That leaves you and me." I said. I began pacing again. "You'll drop down from the rafters and grab him, and put a knife to his throat. While you have everyone's attention, Chester will get Eurydice away."

"And you?" he asked.

"I'm staying with you of course."

"Sayer-" Michael started immediately. I shook my head.

"I won't hear it," I said. "I know this castle inside and out. I know how to get us out quick. We have to stall long enough for everyone to get to safety."

"Alright," Joseph said. "So we get out. Then what? We go back into the forest? Back to Nove Hrady?" I shook my head.

"We pay my family a visit."

~*~|~*~|~*~


Eurydice glanced at me forlornly, and I smiled at her reassuringly. The signal had been made, and now we all waited for when it would go off.

Eurydice had been offended to learn none of our friends had joined us, and now she stood next to Alexi, an obvious look of fury, increduality, fear and annoyance on her face. I counted down slowly in my head.

The door opened and in marched the king. At the altar, specially grown white doves were released, hiding us. I heard the light pounding sounds of feet on the stone floor, and the sudden yelp of Prince Alexi. Chester whispered something in Eurydice's ear, and as everyone's attention was turned to the prince he whisked her away. She tugged on my hand, a signal for me to follow, but I let my hand slip from hers and glanced at Michael, who held my dagger to Alexi's throat. I pulled Michael's sword from his belt and pointed it at the knights coming for us.

"We didn't want to have to do this, your Majesty," I said, ignoring the iron clad warriors. "We came here in peace. Our home kingdoms will not be accepting nor reciprocating your trade in the future. We treat guests with respect."

"You certainly know how to talk, peasant girl," King Nicholas said.

I shook my head. "I am no peasant girl. I'm the daughter of a missionary."

"Sayer-" Michael said. Nicholas intterupted.

"Sayer? The daughter of the missionary from the North Western kingdom, just above us?" I nodded. "Your father's dead, child. It's been twelve years."

"You don't think I know that?" I hissed. "I have not lost my mind over his death. I was adopted by King Jakobi, and brought up in the Northern Middle kingdom. In fact, if you were to kill us, hell would be knocking on your door."

"Sayer-" Michael warned. I reached my hand backwards to silence him, and by his abrupt silence I figured I had reached a little lower than princesses should.

"Nove Hrady would rain down on you," I continued, stepping backwards unnoticeably. "My home kingdom would burn you all," I searched slowly with my foot, "and Zratil les would blow you into oblivion!" I pressed a certain tile. Smoke shot up into the air and the floor beneath Michael, the prince, and I fell downward, sending us down into a tunnel network below. The hole resealed itself and feet pounded across it, but no other sound was heard.

"You out-thought us again, Sayer," Alexi said as Micheal forced him up, helped me up, and we began walking. "And now I know how you always used to beat me in races."

"Took you long enough," I grumbled. "Sorry about taking away your bride, but it's pretty much destined she marry Chester." He shrugged.

"In all truth? She scared me. I just didn't want to see you all murdered for defending yourselves." He sighed in relief. "Maybe I won't have to marry now."

"Good luck with that," I muttered sarcastically. He ignored me.

"Sayer, there's something you oughtta know. It's about who killed you parents."

"I already know-" He shook his head.

"It's not Morcaus, Morcaus is a pawn. Someone gave Morcaus his vampiracy. They're in your home kingdom. But you have to kill their pawns. There are five. One is Morcaus. There's another here, one in the kingdom you're going to be traveling through to get to Ronald's kingdom, one in his kingdom, and two in Nove Hrady. You have to hurry. Everyone is in danger." He collapsed in Michael's grip.

"I think my grandmother just paid us a visit." I glanced at him. "She's still in suspension state- not dead, not alive. She can take space in a body and send warnings that way."

We reached the end of the hallway and I saw the sands and grasses of the surrounding areas. On one side of us was the wall, and we propped Alexi against it. The gate was close and soldiers were filing out of it. Some caught sight of us and started toward us.

"Run," Michael said, pushing me in the direction of the forest. "Run!" I grabbed his hand in mine and vaulted toward the forest. I heard the twang of bowstrings and the whistle of arrows as they flew with procision, only to bounce off of Michael and I as if we were made of steel. We sprinted into tje forest and met up with our group and ten horses. Two were packed with supplies, while the others carried our friends. Only one was left, so Michael and I both climbed on and we began riding away.

"Sayer!" Eurydice called. I looked at her. "Next time, tell me the plan!" I grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I typed this whole thing up on my Wii, and then I copied and pasted just now on my computer. I'm going to be doing that a lot. JSYK.

I didn't like how it seemed like this was coming to a close... So I twisted up the plot, even more! Yay me!

Haha. Hope ya liked. I like this one lots. Way better than my last chapter.

<3 Schiz