Status: Active

Wake of Devastation, Lost in Desperation

Training

Going down one of those spiral staircases are the most annoying thing anyone could ever encounter living in this paradise-like castle. 

Every time I have to leave my chamber to attend to a certain business or task, I'd be dreading the long, obnoxious walk down the stairs in a constant circular pattern. Little things like that drive me crazy. 

My iron boots clashed loudly against the marble steps at every single one of my foot movements. I'm even surprised that my maid in acquaintance, the lady escorting me, didn't snap at me for making too much noise. Experiencing something like that because of someone else would steal my sanity and patience away.

Flora, my maid, stepped off the last step of the never ending stairwell and waited until I completed the last step myself. 

I stepped off in familiar relief and Flora escorted me past the elegant halls to the battle ground gate. 

She send me a polite, respectful smile before handing me over to one of the knights. He was clad in dark colored armor, exactly opposite to the one I'm wearing myself. His metallic boots made the same, annoying clashing sounds while leading me to the weapon hut. 

I've been here too many times to not know where the variety of weapons were each placed in. Being in here is almost like being in my own chamber but better. I know where everything is supposed to be in this hut from the different selections of shields to the vast varieties of swords. While in my own chamber, Flora and other maids always clean everything up and do everything for me. I feel like I have no control or dominance in that chamber as I do here. 

I picked out my favorite long sword made of thin, yet powerful steel from the steel shelf. The classification of hand held weapons are grouped by made materials. 

The knight held my sword for me while I looked for a shield to train with. 

Sometimes it's hard to pick the shield because you never know what weapon your opponent carried. Some weapons could cut through particular shields. No shield in the world is able protect you from every attack of your opponent. 

But in the end I pulled out a iron made shield off the rack. The shield can withstand a vast majority of sword materials and it's good enough for training. Plus, the design is superior enough to match the quality. The blue and purple pattern trimmed along the outline of the shield with a figure of a roaring lion in the center. Definitely reflects my complete dominance in power. 

When I turned, another knight clad in completely black armor handed me my head gear. I put them on, shoving my red hair inside so the opponent won't slash a strand off during training. 

The gear covered my whole head and face with bars that will give me vision and protect my face at the same time. Plus, I get fresh air to breathe. 

I looked down at my armor to make sure it will protect me fairly. My favorite set of silver armor guarantee harmless scars in duration of this battle. 

But the most important thing is, I have to win. Especially against him

With my sword and shield clutched tightly in hand, I followed the two knights out to the training ground. A figure could be seen from a far distance.

I know for a fact that he's wielding his favorite mid-length iron sword and a steel shield. Having practiced sparing with him my whole life, I know his battle necessities and strategies. 

When we reached to a close distance, my opponent, Chester stood in his battle stance, ready to cockily defeat me. I highly doubt it this time. Although he got more training than I did, I always had the skill of sparing gracefully in the battlefield. And most importantly, I always come back stronger.

"Good luck, princess" one of the knights whispered to me before the pair retreated to the gate. 

I didn't need the luck. I will succeed to defeat Chester. 

He decided to have the upper-hand of this battle by attacking first. He lounged forward with a slash of his weapon. I, of course, held my shield out to block the attack. Fairly, the weapon didn't cut through my defense barrier. 

Chester quickly pulled his sword away from that area to try and cut through my armor on my lower stomach. It slammed against the hardened material with force which hurt slightly but didn't do permanent damage. I was too slow. That needs to change. 

So I stepped back to provide space between the two of us and took that as an advantage for me. He, as I expected, stepped closer for an attack. I used the semi-distraction as a chance to attack by swiping my weapon vertically at him. But to my dismay, he was a few steps ahead of me and slammed my sword with force, using his shield. The force send me stumbling backwards. 

When I regained my balance, he attempted another diagonal slash and I had to react quick. On instinct, I drew my long, thin sword out to block his weapon's pathway to make contact with me. My eyes met his and I know exactly what he's trying to do. He's hurrying to find an opening through my defense barrier. So I took the chance to ram my shield harshly against his armored chest. He stumbled, nearly tripping himself as our weapons lost contact. 

Before he regained his balance and position, I planted another attack just to be blocked simply by his sword. Then I took another attempt at smashing him with my shield. He knew my trick this time so he used his own shield to block that attack.

I moved my sword and clashed with his continuously without an opening for a few seconds. My mind was racing as our swords met for like the twentieth time in a row. I need to find an opening soon or he will find one and bring me down. His defense was known to be amazing and it won't take a few counterattacks to take him down. I need a completely planned strategy to do that.

His shield arm moved slightly and I know that he's planning on attacking me, using his sword as a distraction. So I drew my sword away from his and aimed for his shielded arm. He was shocked and surprised at the sudden attack as the shield flew from his grasp and onto the floor. The cocky smirk grew on my face at my sudden advantage. 

Even if my whole face was basically armored, I know Chester could imagine that smug look on my face at this moment. 

The corner of his orbs eyed the fallen shield. I know he won't be silly enough to reach for it. So I held out my sword and lounged at him. Our swords clashed again and the sparing continued. Chester kept backing up at the extra force I put into every one of my attacks. His weapon defense lowered and lowered due to exhaustion and my increasing ego. 

I was going to win this one. There's no reason I won't. I have the upper-hand and I can't lose.

Because one day, I'm going to avenge the death of my father and the former residents of Nove Hrady. And I'm not going to back down until all the enemies suffer greatly before I kill them mercilessly. 

Chester's eyes scanned desperately around our settings, trying to obtain some kind of advancing opening. I believe it's greatly impossible. He might as well give up now. At least that's what I think. 

I took another swipe, expecting to feel the metal of his weapon against mine. But instead, my sword met thin air. Chester was no where to be found in view. I turned around but it was already too late. 

He slashed his weapon against my silver armored ankles, sending me to the floor. I dropped my weapon and shield to the ground at the shooting pain on the area he attacked. 

The iron sword Chester used to attack me cut through the silver armor hugging around my frame not-so-protectively. The blood was already oozing out on the opening of my scar and the silver material. I clutched them in hissing pain, looking up at my opponent. He pointed his weapon at me, daring me to stand up. But I knew that I lost and fighting back would be hopeless. 

So I handed the victory over to Chester. 

The other knights helped me up and took my weapons back to the hut. 

My helmet went off and I feel the fresh air completely hit my face. Chester sat down beside me on the bench, head gear off as well. 

"Don't talk to me, I'm mad at you" I turned away from him, stubbornly crossing my arms over my chest. 

"What? You mad that I won again?" he taunted teasingly. 

"Hey, I win sometimes!" I turned to him, yelling in his face. 

I just hate the feeling of losing to someone so arrogant. Even if I would react exactly the same. It just shows sign of weakness and the lacking power. 

Unlike Sayer, my sister by adaption, I didn't have the attitude of a princess. She's always so elegant and calm. Her head's always in space and it's refreshing for people to watch her after dealing with me. 

I'm always so fierce and angry when I lose and get showed off by some arrogant nub. For me, all I want is dominance and power over other people. Everyday, I wish and think violent thoughts of the undeserving creatures of Zratil les dying their painful deaths. I'm all about violence and Sayer's head is probably always in a serene, beautiful place. 

"Come on, why are you so angry? You usually don't get this mad when you lose" Chester was now in my face, eyeing me curiously. I sighed at the glance of his beautiful brown eyes and looked down at my lap.

"If I can't win against some knights in this castle then how can I ever slay monstrous creatures who took my father's life away?" my vision blurred from the unwanted tears forming. I blinked them away quickly before meeting eyes with Chester.

The thought of my biological father saddened me. He was such an interesting and inspirational man. I learned everything I needed to about the makings of a weapon from him. He gave me a reason to keep moving along in my life. But then he just let the creatures take his life away. He had to give his life away to protect me. And I can't even win a fight against Chester. 

"Princess Eurydice, I'm not just some knight in a castle. I've been trained to protect the Middle North kingdom my whole life. It's not your job to make sure this country is safe. The only reason why the king wants you and Sayer to have the ability to fight is so that you can protect yourselves when we're not around" 

Ignoring Chester, I got up from the bench, letting the other knights escort me to the gate. 

Flora was already there when I was sent back to the hall area. 

She eyed the cut on my ankle and demanded for a nurse to be by my chamber when we get back. 

"And Flora?"

"Yes, my princess?" she smiled at me.

"Can you ask Sayer to eat with me in the dining area by noon? Oh and also let the cook know that" 

"Sure, I will get onto that after I send you to your room"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so excited to be starting this story with my numb-sister!!! And I absolutely adore the setting of this story. It's unlike any of the other stories I've ever written so I hope you guys enjoy the ride as much as I do!