Status: Active

Wake of Devastation, Lost in Desperation

Flattery

"So how has everything been for you in Nove Hrady, dear cousin?" Ronald II asked my beautiful adapted sister. 

Ronald II, Sayer's biological cousin, found us and decided to bring us to the North Western kingdom. His calvary followed closely behind as if to protect us from any harm. I just wish we were safe here. Lately, we always walk into danger zones coincidently. It's like everyone is after us.

But whatever happens, I know I can fight those wimps off. My abilities of fighting outshines everyone else's. No argument should be made for this statement.

"We can't go back there" Sayer mumbled.

Ronald II pushed his dark brown locks to the side and stared at his cousin in question. From the look in his deep dark, chocolate melted eyes, he was confused and didn't understand. 

"What do you mean?"

"We can't go back there or they'll get killed" Sayer explained, gesturing at the knights and the maids. 

Ronald II examines the party carefully, trying to decode what Sayer's words meant. I almost wanted to sneer at him due to his lack of knowledge. What words in her simple explanation don't he understand? If he really was confused, I seriously would like to know. 

"I don't understand, you guys work for Jakobi" his perfect white teeth gnawed at his bottom lip as he said this. The brown eyes looked determined to understand. He didn't want the information to use it against anyone. Ronald II just wanted a simpler explanation of what happened. Being Sayer's cousin, he does have a right to know.

Who was I trying to convince with my mental battles?

So I underestimated him. I saw him less than what he really is. Luckily I didn't gloat like I usually would. Otherwise, I would have got my ego bruised.

"Can I explain it to you once we get to your kingdom?" Sayer asked, tone soft and beautifully structured. The tone in her voice is the definition of good manners. I don't think I'm that envious of her soft, princess-like matter so it shouldn't effect me.

We took a long, quiet walk back to the North Western kingdom.
It wasn't extremely long, compared to the time it took for us to get here in the first place. What seriously shocked me more was the silence. 

But when we finally got in the castle, Ronald II immediately pulled Sayer to the throne room so they could have a decent conversation about Nove Hrady or whatever.

Unfortunately, that left us standing outside the throne room, looking like a bunch of idiots. 

My wandering eyes scanned through every member surrounding me. Some guards watched us but not closely as a threat. The calvary that once followed the prince departed and retreated to somewhere else in the castle to attend to duties or something. 

Michael had on a small smile. It wasn't a victorious grin or an obvious sign of happiness. It's not a frown of sadness or worry either. Maybe just relief that we are in great hands at this current time. Even I, Eurydice, believe that we are safe here. It's less likely that Ronald II would end up attacking us because he seems very close with Sayer. It's like they spend wonderful times together during childhood. So why should we expect anything to change, right?

Then my orbs landed on Chester. As expected, his eyes was on something else. Anything else but me. Our conversation before wasn't the most civil one. He started talking all this elf crap to me and I got angry and screamed at him. He used the almost marriage with Prince Alexi against me. That was why he was so cold in the first place.

He was mad that I would ever think about marrying someone else knowing that Chester himself will be there watching. It's not like I had a choice and if he didn't understand, I really can't stress this anymore.

But that conversation we had before Ronald II showed up was even worse. We were arguing over things that didn't make sense at all. He talked about some human-elf transformation and I was confused. The only way to kick off confusion was anger. I screamed at him for ignoring me and accusing me of being elf-like and unattractive.

Our argument didn't even get to end. Not that I minded though. I hate arguing with Chester, even in childhood.

Every time I argue with him and lose, I feel like a sore loser. My fiery attitude overpowered him at times which made me feel wonderful so it's not a total loss fighting verbally against him. And we would tease each other, I'd get mad whenever he won something over me. But I never like having a grudge against him that would result in silent treatment.

It makes me feel empty and unwanted.

Chester should grow up. He's seven years older than I am, he should know to not act so childish. So ignorant.

"Eurydice!" I nearly jumped when the startling greeting was thrown.

"Ronald II?" the prince finished his conversation with Sayer and is now standing beside me.

Sayer walked from the throne room to Michael's side and a small smile appeared on my face at their faithfulness towards one another. 

Ronald II's eyes shown in amusement and he opened his mouth to speak.

"I heard all over that you are the master of sparring" he said with a grin.

A smug grin appeared on my face and I stepped forward, sensing a challenge coming up. 

"Oh don't flatter me, prince" I said with a tint of arrogance, crossing my arms.

"Eurydice, let's spar ten minutes before midnight. I will have someone escort all of you to each of your assigned rooms. Then I will have someone escort you to the battlefield I often train in" Ronald II explained, looking around at us in confirmation.

"Sounds good" Robert mumbled.

"Eurydice, I've always wanted to spar with you. Your weaponry skills have been spread around in many places and it fascinates the world" Ronald II added, bowing to us in respect before retreating to his own chamber.

Sayer ran over to pull me into a small hug.

"I'm finally home!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry! This is a short one. I'm not ready for Chester and Eurydice to make up yet. So this extra filler chapter comes out instead.

Sorry, I've been through a lot the past week. But hopefully my next chapter will be better.