Status: Active

Wake of Devastation, Lost in Desperation

Resistance

I followed the psychic to her mystic chamber. The curtains are strangely purple and there's different emblem designs on the walls. Everything about this room is strange and unusual which was probably why father, his Majesty, never sent us to the psychic. 

I didn't even know why the psychic wanted to speak with me.

"Why am I here?" I asked, crossing my arms. Being in here brings on some kind of paranoia that sends endless warnings, telling me that something terrible will happen. And things will keep getting worse if I don't leave.

"As you know, the king wants you, m'lady, and princess Sayer to marry" she said, walking closer to her strange purple curtain. Her fingers gently graced over the silk fabric as if she was deep into thoughts. 

"I don't understand how this is relevant to me being up here" I pointed out, not caring if I sounded completely rude. It wasn't princess behavior and I don't really care. The king's request of me getting married was stressing enough. I didn't need to worry about some strange woman taking up my time for pointless discussions. 

"You know who your father chose for you to marry right?" this caught my interest. I didn't know a psychic could be this willing to give out information to me. But the truth is, I really wanted to know. I might act like I don't care on the outside but it really matters to me on the inside.

"I don't care. Either way, I'd have to devote my life away to some knight claiming that they'd do anything to protect me. I'm the one with the skills and power, not them!" I snapped, slamming my hand harshly against her table. 

She slid the curtains open, revealing sunlight. The light illuminated the psychic as if she was some sort of angel from heaven. Was she?

"Princess, your father hasn't completely decided yet but he's close to making a conclusion for you to marry Bradley" the name barely made it out of her mouth when my heart sank all the way down to the unwanted confines of this cold world. Though, I would never openly admit that. Ever.

"And princess Sayer..." I shook the shocking thoughts away to regain my focus. Sayer was desired by many heirs to the throne of various kingdoms. But it was obvious to all of us, besides the king himself, who she really wanted to devote the rest of her life to. I just hope that Sayer ends up happy. She's not my biological sister but I want her to be satisfied with her life more than anything. "... Will either choose to marry the heir to the Western Kingdom or if she wants to stay here, Chester" 

My mouth hung open immediately and thoughts started popping into my head. My whole body is experiencing a reaction that I can't even describe with words. Something is wrong with me hearing the last few words. After hearing what the psychic told me, I just really want Sayer to go to the Western Kingdom. It may be extremely selfish of me but I really don't care. 

But I couldn't show anyone that. 

"That's interesting" I muttered, not bothering to look up at her backside. 

"Eurydice, m'lady" 

"Yes?" I groaned, acting impolitely. She didn't seem to mind. It just didn't bother her at all which surprised me. Impolite princesses are never pleasant for anyone. 

"Are you just going to give up and let the king's plan set in stone?" 

"Uh... Yeah" 

"You are going to let the man you love marry your sister?" 

"Who said that Chester was the man I love?" I tested, trying to cover up my defensiveness. 

"Either way, your choice and your choice alone will be what saves Nove Hrady and Zratil les or... destroys it" she murmured the words silently yet audibly, leaving me extremely confused. 

What did she mean by that?

The question hung in my head as I walked out of the physic's chamber. 

How will my decision help decide the fate of this country as well as the opposing one? The war has nothing to do with Sayer and Chester's arranged marriage. How is that even possible? The psychic is out of her mind. Maybe the details she provided me aren't even accurate. Yeah, I'm just going to go with that. 

I walk past the garden on the way to my chamber but I couldn't help but eavesdrop on a conversation going on in front of the fountain. Sayer and Michael stood there, heated in some sort of disagreement.

"I'm not going to let you get sent off to some other country to marry the heir" Michael argued, running his fingers through the dark locks in his own hair. He look angered and if this situation doesn't go under control, another war's going to break out. I could just feel it.

"What choice do I have? Father doesn't trust you" Sayer sounded indecisive.

"Oh so the king doesn't trust me yet he trust the greedy King Ronald from the Eastern Kingdom?" 

"Western" Sayer corrected, looking down at her feet. 

Michael tilted her head up with two of his fingers and they eyed each other for a while. 

"I'm too stubborn to give you away to King Ronald's son" he said passionately as if he was about to break into tears. It's unusual to see a tough knight act this vulnerable because of a girl. Even if she was a princess. 

"It's either that or your friends" 

"Why can't they take Eurydice instead?" Michael asked, shaking his head slightly.

Sayer sighed and contemplated for an answer. 

It kind of offends me that Michael would rather have the king send me off just to keep her in the castle. But it makes complete sense. 

"She's too feisty. King Ronald doesn't want a woman in control or desiring to be in charge" Sayer finally explained. Michael let out a loud sigh and I just couldn't listen to this conversation any further. 

We have to deal with the war with Zratil les and adding the complicated marriage in the mix wouldn't be good. But what the psychic said to me didn't make sense. The words kept taunting me and I can't find a way to comprehend it.

Your choice and your choice alone will be what saves Nove Hrady and Zratil les or... destroys it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't like this chapter as much as I should. But I promise the coming chapters will be better!

And yes numb sisters = forever!