Status: Active

Wake of Devastation, Lost in Desperation

Crumbling

I paced, pulling at my hair. Not only had I not been left alone since arriving at this... this damned castle, I hadn't seen Eurydice since the fit she threw in the throne room, and god, I was tired of just sitting here, doing nothing.

"Give me my bow and arrows," I said, looking up at Bradley. He shook his head and smiled grimly at me, and I decided to turn on my glare, which he took by shifting his feet and backing up to the wall, keeping his grip on my things.

"Sorry, Princess. This is for everyone's safety, not just mine." I couldn't help but smile. Come on, I'd kind of gotten over the whole threatening-people-with-arrows-in-their-chest thing. Mostly.

"Well, can I see someone? Eurydice?" He immediately shook his head.

I'd been getting the same response from every single one of my gaurds. I guess Eurydice and I are well known for our devious plots, but then, only our good friends would know about them.

The ones who lied about everything.

I frowned and sat down on my bed. I had to get out of here, if only for an hour. I needed room to breathe, time to think. I wasn't getting it stuck in this room.

"I'll take over, now," I heard another voice say.

"Oh, no, that's fine, I love Bradley's company," I said, glaring at the figure standing in the door way. "At least he tries to be honest with me, instead of telling everyone they can't tell me the truth."

And here was the only thing that kept me from keeping my cool and not shooting everybody- Micheal.

Bradley walked out of the room with my bow and arrows. Oh, he's the next to die, I thought.

"Come on, Sayer."

"Get, the hell away from me, Micheal! You are a lying, decieving son of a-" I held my tongue and he finished for me.

"Vampire elf queen?" He sighed, stepping into my room and closing the door.

Joseph's got my dagger, I remembered. I growled in frustration and Micheal glanced at me, surprised. "Look, Micheal. I won't even bother calling you sir, you aren't a knight, but that's besides my point. You lied. You told the others to lie. You told me you loved me, but you lied about who you are, what you are. How can I believe anything you say to me?"

"Because I do love you!" he yelled. I didn't bother flinching, I'd more or less been expecting that kind of action. But I didn't care, the fact was, I was tired of fighting him, and I just wanted to fall into his arms and act like this had never happened. But I wouldn't be allowed to do that.

"No, you don't, Micheal! When a person loves another, they tell each other the truth!"

"Shapeshifting elves killed your parents, Sayer. I know how you feel about elves. I know you hate them as much as Eurydice does. I wanted you to trust me. I wanted you to love me!" I shook my head. I wanted to listen to him, but I knew what Eurydice would do, and what she would want me to do, and I couldn't do what I wanted to do, not this time. Eurydice is the only real thing I've got.

"This is all your fault!" I screamed at him. His eyes widened and he began shaking his head, stepping closer to me. I looked around for something that would give me leverage against him, and spotted a large book on the desk. I stepped toward it, and he hardly noticed. "If you would have just... just left me alone! None of this would have ever happened, and I wouldn't be here! I'd be back in the Western Kingdom."

He closed his eyes, still shaking his head, and I hurried over and grabbed the book.

"I'd be home." I whacked him over the head with it and ran out of the room, down the hall, down a straight set of stairs and into what seemed to be a dining room, only to stop dead. On the other side of the hall Eurydice stood in front of Chester, tears threatening to overflow onto her cheeks, as he whispered to her what I only imagined could be his feelings.

And, as I watched, he pressed his lips to hers, and I felt wrong for being here, seeing this.

I also felt envious, that she should get her kiss before mine, that her knight in iron armor was that much more trustworthy than mine, that she wasn't so angry with him after he gave her his perfect arguement.

I could have none of those.

"Sayer!" came Micheal's angry shout, and I turned slowly to watch him run down the stairs.

"You need to come back to your room, right now," he yelled.

"No!" I screamed. Eurydice and Chester jumped apart, and I could feel everyone storming through the castle to see what was happening.

"Sayer, don't do this-"

"I'll do whatever that hell I want, Micheal!" I screamed again. "I'm tired of this! I want to go back to Nove Hrady. right now, and I swear if you don't take me I will murder each and everyone of you!" He just stared at me, letting me rant. "You all are liars, decievers, and... and... you can all go to hell!" I slapped him across the face, and then I immediately regretted it.

The look of sorrow and shock on his face just brought me to tears, and I couldn't help myself as I crumpled to the floor and began to cry. I didn't want to be here, I didn't want to be in this time. I wanted to go back ten years to when I used to climb trees and do things with the boys that proper princesses shouldn't do.

I felt strong arms pick me up, but when I looked up, it wasn't Micheal, but Robert that was carrying me back to my room, and the sobs grew in volume and speed as I cried myself to sleep in the knight's arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was looking forward to this.

Sayer bitch fit!!! Booyah!!!
Thanks to our loyal readers, and all the awesome people that advertised this story in their stories/journals. You guys are the best! <3

Check out this poem by yours truly <3

Daddy Dearest

Do not read if you do not like allusions to rape, child abuse, and so on.