Forever Girl

King For A Day

If I was king, king, king for a day,
I'd make, make, make you my queen,
Give, give, give you anything..
King for a day.. king for a day..
King for a day.. king for a day..
I'll take you away from this little apartment,
And escape this pain that, that you've been living with,
I would build you a castle in the sky,
So high, it'll blow your mind..
I would give you a crown
Made from the promises for a better life that..
Can't you see your beautiful and you deserve so much more,
I would give you everything if there was a way


I just moved to Poway, San Diego with my little brother and dad a few months ago. We needed a new start according to my father. My mom left us 2 years ago when my brother was 2. I was 16. It was right before my birthday.

I’ve been living here for 2 months now and I’m still known as the new girl. I’ve made friends with the kid who lives across the street from me, Vic Porter. He goes to school with me but is only a junior. I’m a senior. Vic’s older brother Zach always seems to be around. I’ll admit it was a little odd. I would be sitting on the front porch reading and he would be outside with his friends playing football or basketball. All of them were always showing off.

*********
“What is up with your brother?” I said walking out onto my porch handing Vic a bottle of water. Zach was across the street playing basketball with his friend Nathan.

“He likes you.” Vic said like it was nothing.

“What?” I laughed a little.

“He shows off because he likes you. He’s always asking me about you. It’s annoying.” We both laughed. “He comes in my room and asks me about you all the time.”

“So that’s why my ears have been ringing.” I joked.

“I think he wants to ask you out.”

“Well he is cute.” I said looking over at him playing basketball.

“Are you going to say yes?”

“Maybe. I’m bored.” I smiled at him and laughed.

“Seriously though he really likes you and since he is my brother and you are my friend I don’t want any of you hurting one another.”

“I wouldn’t.” and sure enough the basketball came rolling over to my yard.

“You lost something.” I said picking up the basketball handing it to Zach with a smile.

“Thanks. Do you play?” he smiled back.

“Basketball, no. I used to when I was 10 but I quiet. I stick to softball.”

“Oh that’s cool. You going to try out for the school team?”

“I’m not into school sports.” I laughed. I would rather die than be on a school team.

“Why is that?”

“Not big on school spirit or getting involved with any of that.”

“That’s alright the team sucks anyway.” He laughed. “So my brother told me you can sing.” He nodded in Vic’s direction. He was sitting on the porch with my little brother.

“Did he now?”

“Yeah. You should come to one of my band practices one day.”

“Maybe I will.” I smiled.

“Good.” He stood there a while before going back across the street to resume his game. I walked back to my porch. My little brother ran up to me and tackler me. I just laughed and tickled him. Then I sat him on my lap.

“So what was that about?” Vic said leaning back against the railing crossing him arm.

“We were just talking.” I could tell I was blushing.

“About what?”

“Basketball, softball and the fact that you told him I could sing.” I threw my brothers toy at him.

“So what if I told him?”

“He invited me to one of his band practices.”

“Oooo! Brey’s got a date with my brother.” He teased.

“Shut up!”

“Brey and Zach sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G.”

********

“Where is your brother’s band practice?” I asked as Vic drove. I had no idea where we were going.”

”In tour sisters penis.” I said.

“Oh what would mint, she must me excited.”


So anyway…lol.

When we finally got there me and Vic made our way to the room the boys were rehearsing in. I was expecting to go to someone’s house and be sitting in their garage or basement. This was definitely a surprise. We quietly made out way across the room to a couch that was against the wall. The boys where in the middle of a song and Zach just smiled at me as we walked past. Vic said hi to the people who were standing by the couch and sat down. I looked around before sitting myself. Whoa!

***************

“Wow.” Were the only words I could say about Zach’s band. They were really good and Zach’s voice is amazing.

“Thanks.” Nathan smiled at me. You can tell he really loves music.

“Impressed?” Zach said standing in front of me.

“Yes.” I laughed.

“Boy’s come over here please.” Their manager Stephanie called them to a table on the other side of the room.

“I’m going to go grab a soda. You want to come with?” Vic asked.

“Yeah sure.” I said as we got off the couch and walked into the hall.

“So you in love with my brother yet?” Vic joked.

“Shut up.” I pushed him a little.

“I know you and I know how you love musicians and I can tell you love Zach’s voice.”

“Okay yes I love his voice and he gets major points for being a musician but I am not in love with him…yet.” I laughed.

“Yet.” Vic pointed out. I turned around and saw a very happy Zach walking down the hall with his hands in his pockets looking at the floor. Damn he is adorable.

“Why are you so happy?” I asked as he reached us.

“Because I just found out that I’m going back on tour this summer in the middle of June.”

“That’s awesome.” I smiled giving him a hug. He held on as long as possible before letting go.

“Do I get to come on this tour?” Vic asked.

“Of course.” Zach said ruffling up his hair. “You are invited too.” He said smiling at me.

“I’d love to but it might be a challenge to be able to go.”

“Why?” Zach’s smile fell.

“It’s just my dad and I taking care of my little brother. He watches my brother while I’m in school and when I get home he goes to work. If I left to go on tour with you no one would be there to help my dad.

“What if I said I could fix that?”

“You’d be a miracle worker.”

“Well I kind of am.” He smiled cockily.

“He really is.” Vic backed him up. Zach was the type of person who could talk his way out of anything and get people to believe him. Just as easily as that was he could talk anybody into do anything as well.

“Good to know.” I laughed.

********

“Hey come here a sec.” Zach asked me as all of us were heading to our cars. I looked over at Vic and he nodded then walked over to his car.

“Yes.” I smiled at Zach.

“You want to go get dinner?”

“Sure.” I smiled back. I went to go tell Vic that I was going home with Zach then walked back over to Zach’s car. I had no idea where we were going.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been writing this for a month now in my spare time in school. Decided to finally just post it.
Hope you all love it.

BTW!!! that little odd italicized part was what my friend wrote when she took my notebook in class. Because it was very funny and I was told to put it in I did. So you can just ignore it if you would like.

Comment.
Subscribe.
:P