"No, You Know It Will Always Just Be Me."

Chapter Twenty-Two

Beth’s Point Of View Still

Standing in my front garden, I watched as the tour bus drove away to Beki’s house to drop her off. Once it was completely out of my site I turned around and faced my house, my parents were home so I was reluctant to go inside but knew I’d have to face them at some point. Unsteadily, I slid the key into the lock before turning it, hearing it click and then I opened the white door and stepped inside.

“I’m home!” I called out before I heard a clatter in the kitchen and my mother appeared in it's doorway.

“So you've finally decided to return?” She asked in that tone I hated so much.

“Mark, get down here!” She yelled up to the first floor of the house. I heard dad’s heavy workers boots as they crashed down the stairs and then he saw me.

“Well look who’s back,” Dad sneered at me.

“I told mum where I was on the phone,” I explained weakly.

“You can’t just pack up and leave whenever you wish young lady! What about your job? What about the house?” Dad yelled at me angrily whilst I still stood there with my suitcase.

“Well maybe if you were home more often, then I wouldn’t have had all of the responsibility for this bloody house!” I screamed back at him, gaining courage. Bad move. The palm of Dad’s hand connected with my cheek causing me to stumble back slightly. Tears rose to my eyes.

“I want you out of this house tonight,” He hissed in a threateningly low voice before storming back up the stairs. I slowly turned and also made my way up the stairs and ignored the look on my mother’s face. Where the hell was I meant to go now? I couldn’t exactly move in with Beki as there wasn’t enough room in her house for me as well, plus it’d be disrespectful to her parents for me to just move in unannounced. I walked straight into my room after having dragged my suitcase up the stairs. I collapsed back on my bed and looked at the posters covering my walls. 18 years old and I didn’t really want to move out yet; I was scared of being completely alone in the world I guess. I tend to have a habit of shutting the world out you see. Sighing, I got back off of my bed and tried to stuff more of my clothes and belongings into my already full suitcase. Whilst I had been sitting on my suitcase trying to get it to close, a thought had come to me so I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialled a number that I knew so well.

“Hello?” Debbie’s voice rang out.

“Hey sweet pea, it’s me,” I said to one of my close friends from when we had gone to High School.

“Beth? Holy shit it’s been a while!” She exclaimed in happiness.

“So what can I do for you?” She asked happily.

“I was wondering, would I be able to crash at your place for a few nights or something?” I asked hopefully.

“Of course! You’ll have to sleep on the couch though as Shannon has the second bedroom. We just ordered a pizza actually so if you want to come over now, we can have a girly night in, you know like we used to in high school, what’d you think?”

“You’re a star Debbie, it sounds great so I’ll see you in 10 minutes,”

“Yep, see you soon,”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this was a bit longer considering my last few updates have been pretty shitty. I apologise, i've just been under a lot of pressure with stuff at home. Sorry i never mentioned PATD or FOB at all in this chapter, i just wanted to explain Beth's home life a bit more.
Comments are oxygen though <3
And they are all 100% appreciated.