The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

Alex/Favor

Alex

-x-x-x-x-x-

I see her when she’s on her way to The Quiet Things bus, after dark, when everyone’s done taking down their tents and packing up another night of tour.

Not that I’d admit that I’d been looking for her, of course.

“Adie,” I say, my lips quirking into a smile as she turns around, her magenta hair blowing in the slight breeze.

“Hey, Alex,” she smiles back, stopping in her tracks. She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and waits for me to say something. I freeze for half a second, partially forgetting what I wanted to say to her in the first place.

“I heard about the snare earlier,” I say conversationally, smoothly recovering as I run a hand through my high-lighted hair. “Sucks.”

“Yeah, good thing Rian had a spare. We would’ve freaked the fuck out,” she shakes her head and grimaces in agreement. “And Trevor’s high-strung enough as it is…” Her gray-green eyes look off somewhere I can’t see, and I suddenly feel the need to get her attention back on me.

“Yeah,” I say, “except for now you owe me a favor.” She raises her eyebrows and I smirk confidently back at her, finally cutting to the chase of why I came looking for her in the first place.

“Oh, really?” she asks, eyebrows still raised. But she’s playing along. “Because I figured I owe Rian a favor, since he is the drummer, you know.”

“See, it works differently with us. We’re very communal in the All Time Low family. Rian’s snare drum is everyone’s snare drum. My vodka is their vodka. See?” She just shakes her head at me.

“So what is this favor I owe you, then?” she asks, sounding unsure where this conversation is going.

“Grace us with your presence on our bus later tonight,” I grin, starting on my way again. “And don’t bring any guys,” I add, over my shoulder.

I don’t wait to see her reaction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very short chapter because I plan to update again soon. I'm going to start bringing more characters and POVs into the story as well.

Thanks: Lulz And What-not.