The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

Feel/Kiss

Adie

-x-x-x-x-x-

“I can’t feel my teeth!” I announce to Alex after my fourth fifth (?) shot of Jaeger.

“That means it’s working!” he laughs back. He puts the bottle back on the table, where it’s immediately picked up by another set of hands.

My vision’s hazy by now and the reasonable, responsible part of me is telling me it’s time to get back to the bus.

I sit myself down on the nearby couch so that I can steady myself again.

“Hey…” some guy I don’t quite recognize says, turning his attention towards me. He looks less sober than I feel. “What’s your name?” he asks, lazily slinging an arm around my shoulders.

“Hey! Don’t be an asshole. Hands off!” Alex intervenes before I can tell the guy off. He grabs my hand to pull me up and leads me away. On our way to the front of the bus, we stumble past his now shirtless bandmate, Jack, and then I know it’s time to go, because I start seeing two shirtless Jacks.

“I think I’m going to head back to my bus,” I announce, most likely slurring horribly in the process. He nods.

“You’re trashed. Let me walk you back,” Alex offers, and I don’t object, seeing as I’m stumbling along anyway. The cool night air hits my face refreshingly as we leave the bus and walk towards mine.

He stops me just before we reach the door.

“Adie…” he slurs, trailing off.

“Alex,” I retort teasingly.

He leans in, and my heart rate unintentionally climbs. His hand rests on my arm, and a rush of blood tints my cheeks pink.

“I like you,” he says, his cool, alcohol-bated breath hitting my ear in a way that makes me shiver.

“Why?” I challenge. He glances at me in surprise, but smiles. He leans back to my ear.

“You’re cute,” he says, then plants a light kiss on my neck. “You’re bossy.” Light kiss. “You’re funny.” I shiver again. “You’re smart.” His eyes meet mine for a few seconds where I blush.

He then leans in to catch my lips between his. I hesitate before returning the kiss.

“I’m not that bossy,” I say, when he pulls away, his hands still on my waist.

“You’re allowed to be. It’s your job,” he laughs. “Goodnight, Adie,” he adds, kissing me once more. I let him.

I’m so buzzed I don’t know what to feel.

I stumble onto the bus and collapse into my middle-height bunk and fall asleep within minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been awhile.

Thanks!: Lulz And What-not