Status: On hiatus - don't know if it'll ever be finished tbh

Fat

Saturday January 20

I didn’t get to write for a few days since Grandmother was staying. I don’t like it when she stays. She butts into everything. She stops me from doing what I like doing, like writing, and reading, and drawing, and she makes me sit down and talk to her for hours and make her cups of tea while she picks out the things I need to change about myself.

“You need a haircut.”

“Why are you wearing a pink shirt? Boys don’t wear pink.”

“I hope you’re eating healthier, Caleb, you’re still a bit pudgy.”

“Do you have a girlfriend yet? Why not?”

“Why don’t you ever go out with friends? Your mother says all you do is stay home and play computer.”

“You should talk to Marissa about coming out of your shell. She’s a perfect role model for you. She’s bright, and happy, and has a lot of friends. You could learn a lot from Marissa.”


Always, constant criticisms and you could be better this way’s.

I already know I’m not good enough for my family. They’re all perfect, and then there’s me. Maybe once I’ve lost some weight, I can finally fit in. I can find a perfect girlboyfriend and some cool friends and maybe my family will finally be proud of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a crappy chapter. Sorry about that. I'll try and update again tonight though.
Thanks to the comments & subs & these people for commenting:
holly.is.awkward
megzor
AHLICE
- You're right. Caleb is a very feminine character, and that's because he's never really had a male role model to look up to or aspire to be like. His father pretty much ignores him and doesn't really care what he does, and Caleb doesn't want to be like that. The only people he's ever really looked up to until this point are female; Marissa, and in some ways his mother, because he feels they understand him better. Later on, there will be a male role model that he'll look up to more than both the female characters put together, but Caleb hasn't met him yet. I hope this clears it up a bit more?
yournightmareXO - Caleb is a little overweight, carrying a little bit of baby fat I guess you could say. He was much chubbier when he was younger, which is why Dustin and everyone else started teasing him in the first place. But no, he isn't fat, Dustin just likes hurting his feelings now.
Silver.Aer
<3