Status: On hiatus - don't know if it'll ever be finished tbh

Fat

Wednesday January 24

Mother took me to the shopping centre today, to buy the things I need for school this year. It’s a big year. Year 10, the year that I can choose to leave school for good if I wanted to. But I’m not allowed to leave at the end of this year; Mother and Father want to make sure I get my “full education” which includes finishing up to year 12 and onwards to university, regardless of whether it’s what I want to do or not.

It doesn’t really bother me, I was planning on going to uni anyway, but it would’ve been nice to have a choice in the situation, just like it would’ve been nice for Mother to tell me that we were going shopping a little while before we left, instead of five seconds before we left. She didn’t even give me a chance to change out of my tracksuit pants and old Green Day t-shirt that I was wearing in preparation for a lazy day.

And of course, it just had to be the day that I was wearing the most casual clothing I owned, apart from underwear and pyjamas that I literally ran into one of the most gorgeous guys I’ve ever seen in my life. There’s only one “real life” person (as in, not a celebrity) who is more attractive than this boy was, and he’s a few years older than me at school. I seem to spend a lot of time watching the boy at school, but I don’t even know his name. All I know is that he is practically perfect.

Anyway, as I was saying, I was holding about fifty different stationary items, which I promptly threw all over the ground as I collided with the boy who was coming out of a different aisle.

I stuttered out an apology as I bent down to pick up all the things I had dropped; the boy dropped to his knees as well and helped me gather the runaway stationary, assuring me quietly that there was no harm done. He handed me the bits and pieces he had picked up when we both got to our feet with a smile on his face.

“School shopping?” he asked me. He had an accent that I couldn’t quite put my finger on. Scottish, maybe? Irish? I’m not sure.
I nodded mutely. I couldn’t talk. I couldn’t even meet his eyes.
“Same with me” he said. “Well I should –”
“Caleb” Mother called me, interrupting the gorgeous boy, and making me frown, “Did you get everything?”
I nodded.
“Well, come along then” she said, shooting a glance at the boy.
“Nice meeting you, Caleb” he said to me, smiling again. I showed him a small smile and followed after Mother. I was dazed for the rest of the shopping trip. I couldn’t stop thinking of the beautiful boy. Although I can’t figure out why he would’ve talked to me in the first place; someone as gorgeous as him would never want to associate with someone as disgusting as I am. It’s lucky for him that we’ll never meet again. After all, he doesn’t want someone as ugly as I am hanging around and bringing down his appeal to other people.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry. This was meant to be out two days ago, but I was a bit busy. But it's here now :)
Make sure you comment/subscribe!

Thanks to the readers & subscribers and these people for commenting:
megzor
holly.is.awkward
Miyral

<3