Status: On hiatus - don't know if it'll ever be finished tbh

Fat

Thursday February 15

School today was both good and bad.

Like yesterday, both Jake and Lucas were waiting for me outside of school. Even before I was within conversational distance from the pair of them, I started blushing, just thinking about the present that Lucas had given me yesterday and how nicely he was treating me. It’s so different to what I’m used to. I still don’t know what he meant yesterday when he said; “If you’re not like me, I’d still like to be friends” though…

When I walked up to Jake and Lucas, Jake smiled widely at me.

“Hiya, Caleb! Are you feeling any better this morning?”

“Hi…um, yeah, a little, I think.”

I was lying. I still felt like crap. I wish I hadn’t eaten breakfast this morning, but Mother made me. She said I need to eat to keep my strength up. Yeah right. I need to not eat to keep my fat down. That’s more important. To me, anyway.

“I’m glad, Cale. It’s not fun being sick” Lucas said and then he kissed me on the cheek. Again! Why? I can’t believe it. Why would someone so gorgeous do that? And to me!? I’m nothing.

I nearly fell over from shock. Lucas literally had to catch me. Just that little act made me blush even more.

“Careful, doll” he said.

Omigosh did he just call me a pet name? I had to remember how to not hyperventilate.

The bell rang shortly after that and we all went into our respective roll call classrooms. I still had a tomato for a face, which stupid Dustin had to point out. I'm just so lucky to have him in my roll class. Note the sarcasm.

“Hey, Chunks, why are you so red? Been making out with your girlfriend? Oh, wait, that’s right. You don’t have a girlfriend, because no girl wants to go out with a whale, do they? I forgot” he said, and everyone else laughed. I just kept my head down and prayed for the clock to move faster. Of course, knowing my luck, it felt like it was moving slower, but eventually the bell rang for first period.

Things went okay after that, until lunch time. I sat with Jake and Lucas. I don’t know why Lucas wasn’t sitting with his friends, because he didn’t give any explanation when I asked him why, but I didn’t mind.

Well, I didn’t mind, until I realised that while Jake, Lucas and I were holding conversation, I had been stuffing my face with the lasagne that Jake had made my buy from the canteen.
I tried not to panic and kept the horrified expression that was creeping onto my face hidden from Jake and Lucas as I stood up.

“I…um…I’ll be right back. Just…needa pee…” I lied.

Jake began to stand up but I just told him that I’ll be fine and to sit back down. For once he listened.

I ran to the bathroom as soon as I was out of their sight and purged my stomach of all the fat that I had just consumed as quickly as I could so Jake and Lucas wouldn’t come and find me. After I had rinsed my mouth out, I walked calmly back to where we were seated, feeling much better.

“Better, hon?” Lucas asked. A pet name again?! Ajuhfkjshbdfjhk.

I nodded.

“Hey, Cale? You free tomorrow afternoon slash night? We want to go tenpin bowling. You in?”

I nodded again, and smiled, making both Jake and Lucas smile as well.

Oh my gosh. Okay. So… for the first time in my life, I have plans for Friday night. This must be what it’s like to have friends. It feels…well, it feels really good actually.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to do my best to get the next chapter out today as well :)
I hope you liked this one. I know I did! :D

Make sure you comment/subscribe!

Thank you to the readers & subs & these people for commenting:
wo0two0t789
Chapter
Commiserate
megzor
cutanea and osso
Howl''
bittersweet love.
J0HNNY'S L0VER
alexialexilex

ILOVEYOUALL! <3