Status: Coming Soon(:

Behind Blue Eyes

T W O

"Ember, if I catch you jumping on your bed one more time you are going to get a corner, do you understand?" Most parents didn't use physical punishment but if I had to, I would. There is nothing wrong with an open hand spank on the butt. And sometimes, she deserved them. Though I don't mind her being like Jimmy, I don't want her to end up getting kicked out of three different kindergarten's.

She sat on her bed and hung her head low. "Yes, mom."

Ember was feeling a lot better now but she still wasn't in the clear. We were heading over to Matt and Val's today for a small get together since they just got off tour. "Is Uncle Bri gonna be there?" Ember asked, slipping on her shoes.

"I'm sure he is." I told her and her face lit up. There was no doubt that Brian was her favorite out of the guys. But she still adored Zacky, Johnny and Matt. And there newest addition to the band, Arin. He was kind enough to play drums while they were out on tour.

Ember always calls Matt Uncle Bear, because she believes his parents were bears. Zacky is Uncle Chud. Don't ask me how she came up with that name. And Johnny is Uncle Shorty, which I've had to correct her a few times from saying 'Short Shit,' thanks to the guys.

Ember excitedly entered Matt's house, greeting Val with a hug. "Hey Emmy," Val said and Ember smiled up at her.

"Uncle Bear!" Ember yelled and she ran into Matt's arms. He laughed and picked her up. She nestled her head into the crook of his neck. "Where's Uncle Bri?" Ember asked, locking her blue eyes with his hazel ones.

Matt looked over at me and shook his head lightly. I nodded and he looked at Ember. "Uncle Bri is with Aunt Chelle, okay? They might come over later."

"But I want Uncle Bri." She pouted, her bottom lip sticking out slightly.

"We'll call him later and you can tell him that." Matt said, giving her a warm smile. Ember nodded and wiggled out of Matt's arms, running after Zacky. She hugged his leg tightly and he chuckled.

"Hey Emmybear." He said, ruffling up her hair.

A couple hours went by and everyone was sitting around the couch talking with each other. Ember was sitting across the room on a chair, staring up at all the pictures on the wall. She had been sitting there for about an hour. "What are you doing, Em?" I asked her softly and she looked at me with tears going down her face. "What's wrong Ember?" I asked, cradling her in my arms.

"That's daddy," She pointed at the picture of Brian and Jimmy out on the boat. I sighed, petting her hair softly, trying to comfort her. I never really explained to her that she would never meet her dad. By now, everyone was forming a circle around us. "When I meet daddy?" She asked, her blue eyes now gray and puffy. Val and Lacey left the room obviously getting emotional.

"Ember, daddy is away right now. You'll meet him later." I said, trying to refrain from crying myself.

"I want Uncle Bri be daddy." Ember said just as Brian and Michelle opened the door to Matt's house. Everyone's attention now was on Brian. And Michelle's face was confused and unhappy. I didn't blame Michelle for getting upset.

"Uncle Bri is your Uncle, not daddy," I reminded her and looked up at Brian. She got shy all the sudden, hiding her face in my neck. "I better go." I said quietly, trying to sooth Ember. "Sorry Brian." I said, sending an apologetic smile to Michelle and she nodded.

"No, stay Alice." Brian said, looking at Michelle. She was even more pissed off then what she already was.

"No. Ember needs to get some sleep anyways." I grabbed my purse and headed out to my car after saying goodbye to everyone there.

I could understand why Michelle didn't want me around. While me and Ember were around him, he always seemed to ignore Michelle and just focus on Ember and that obviously bothered her. "Alice," Brian breathed behind me as I buckled Ember in.

I turned to him, closing the car door. "What?" I asked softly.

"I'm sorry about Michelle. She's just moody today." He complained. I shook my head in return.

"It's alright, Bri. Really."

"No, it's not. I don't blame Em for wanting me to be her dad. I spend more time with her then anybody else. And I'm flattered that she wants me to be her dad." He said, smiling.

"Well, that will never be a reality so I don't want to get her hopes up." I told him and he nodded his head. Brian was a great father figure for her, no doubt about it. He could easily play with her, tell her when she's being bad, and every other thing a parent should do. Jimmy even told Brian a few weeks before he had passed, that he wanted Brian to take care of me and Ember if something ever happened to him. Him and Brian were always the closest in the band. Him and Matt were too, but Brian was just a little bit more. Brian, I guess you could say, was the godfather to Ember. If anything ever happened to me, Ember would go to Brian. I wasn't sure about the Michelle thing, but I trusted Brian's judgment.

Michelle and I didn't know each other as much as Val and I knew each other. Michelle always seemed so distant with me and I didn't understand why. I was never mean to her or anything. I guess I just give off that wrong vibe. Or maybe Brian being completely obsessed with Ember had caused her not to like me very much. Other then that, I had no problem with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
(':
Don't forget to comment!

A special thanks to;
syntastically_summer
TwistedScars
for commenting!