Status: Working on updating as soon as possible.

Waiting

Chapter 1

Waiting
Chapter 1

I stood here waiting for him. I waited. And waited. And waited some more. I knew that his job was important but getting stood up again wasn’t something I was looking forward too. But then again dating someone that worked for the FBI wasn’t the smartest thing I had ever done either. I looked around before sighing and looking at my watch once more. 11:00pm. I couldn’t wait any longer.

I walked down the street and stopped in front of my car. Unlocking it I got in and grabbed my cell phone from my jacket pocket. One missed call. Of course I would have got that message if I hadn’t left it on silent. Pushing speed dial one I listened to the message.

“Harlie, baby, I hate to do this to you again, but we just got another case and I’ve got to leave. I’ll be back in a couple of days and I’ll make it up to you. I love you.”

I shut my phone and sighed.

“Story of my life.” I said out loud. I started the engine and made my way home from the small café I was supposed to be having dinner with my boyfriend of one year.

******************************************************************

I hated leaving Harlie again. I felt horrible for breaking another date, but here I was on a plane heading for Massachusetts. I closed my phone and sighed. I had been hoping to catch her before we took off. I ended up leaving her a message.

“Morgan.” My thoughts were interrupted by someone calling my name. I looked up into the face of Spencer Reid.

“What Reid?”

“We’re getting ready to go over the case. Hotch called you a couple times but you were off in lala land.” Reid smiled before he walked back over to his seat and buckled back up.

“Are you here Morgan?” Hotch asked me with a small smirk.

“Yeah, I just feel bad. I left my girlfriend standing outside a restaurant waiting for me. Again.” Elle looked shocked as well as everyone else.

“You have a girlfriend?” Elle asked.

“Yes, I have a girlfriend. We’ve been dating for over a year. I think I’m done practicing.” I said with a smile as her face turned red at my sentence.

“Okay on with the case.” Hotch said stopping us from continuing. “Three women raped and strangled in six days.”

“Three in six days? This guy is really sick.” Reid interrupted.

“Yes well, all the attacks happened on the same street. So I think that this guy has to at least either live in the neighborhood or live close by.” Gideon put his too sense in.

Hotch shook his head in agreement before speaking again. “All the women are between the ages of 30-40 years old. So we are probably looking for someone between the ages of 18-25 years old.”

“Yeah, the older the rape victim the more likely they’ll be younger.” Reid rambled off a few more statistics of rape and ages.

A few hours later we had pretty good idea what kind of guy we were looking for. Now we just had to look at the evidence and see our profile coincided with what it said.

I knew when we landed, which would be soon, would be too late to call Harlie. I hope she wouldn’t be mad a me for leaving again. I guess that I would find out in the morning exactly how she felt.

******************************************************************

The next morning I woke up in bed and reached for Derek. Finding nothing I remembered that he was off on a case again. I leaned over and smelled the pillow next to me, picking up his scent I inhaled more. That man always smelled like heaven. Hearing my alarm go off a few seconds later I had to get up and get ready for work.

A half an hour later I was dressed in black slacks and a nice shirt, grabbing my ID, purse and keys I was off. I flipped on my phone and called Derek. I ended up leaving him a message. I worked at the FBI unofficially. I mean I had clearance to help with stuff but mostly I helped out Penelope Garcia. I had known her for a long time. When she came to me asking if I wanted to help her out at the BAU division, I didn’t think I would be great, but I need a job and said if she could get it done I would be there.

A days later I still hadn’t met anyone on the team that she helped all the time. When she told me that she had the perfect guy in mind for me I was a little skeptical. But as soon as she introduced me to Derek Morgan I was a goner. I think that was the first time a man had ever made me speechless.

**Flashback**

“Harlie! You made it!” I heard a girly yell. I turned around at the door and looked behind me to find Penelope coming toward me followed by a tall dark haired man in a dark suit.

“Pen! How are you? It’s been forever. I can’t thank you enough for this.” I said smiling at the guy behind her.

“Don’t thank me yet. I want you to meet your new boss “Aaron Hotchner aka Hotch. Hotch I would like to introduce you to Harlie Nichols.”

I smiled as I shook his hand. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Excited on your first day?” He asked. Garcia cleared her throat.

“Well, Hotch this is more like her third day. You guys have been gone.” I smiled at him and shook my head agreeing with Pen.

“Oh, well. Did you like your first day?” He asked me with a smile.

“Yeah, it was a lot of fun. I wasn’t sure what to expect working here but I like it. So far.” I said as we started to walk again. Showing our ID’s we got in pretty quickly.

“Would you like to meet the rest of the team?” He looked at me expectantly. Just as I was going to answer Garcia interrupted.

“I want her help on something first. I’ll introduce her to them later. Maybe one at a time. You guys can be a bit overwhelming and you know how Reid is when he meets new people.” She rambled off. I just smiled and shook my head at her.

“Well you heard the woman. Maybe later.” I smiled and followed Garcia into her office. “What was that about. ‘I’ll introduce her them to her one at a time.’ What will the do kill me with their looks or something?”

“Sorry doll. I just think that one of the guys will be perfect for you and I don’t want you to see him yet.”

“Pen, I don’t think that will be such a good idea. I mean look what I just got out of.” I said trying to keep my embarrassment down.

“Honey, you just got out of the hospital last week.”

“Yeah, only because my boyfriend tried to kill me, just cause I wanted to leave him.” I sighed and sat down at one of the computers, “Why do I end up with all the crazies?”

“I don’t know sweetie but I promise you this guy is not a crazy and he is incredibly sweet and caring. Not to mention that he is gorgeous.”

A couple of hours later there was a knock on the door.

“Come in.” Garcia yelled without looking away from her computer.

“Hey, baby-girl. Got anything for me?” The guy asked coming in the door and glancing at me before returning his attention to Garcia.

“No, Handsome I don’t, but I want you to meet someone. Derek Morgan meet Harlie Nichols newest member to my computer kingdom.”

I just looked at this gorgeous guy. I mean Garcia talked about him and the team all the time but jesus this guy was just too hot for words. It was then I found the I couldn’t talk.

“Nice to meet you.” He said putting his hand out. I took his hand and shook it all the while looking at him. Finally I shook my head.

“Uh huh.” I said. He chuckled and looked at Garcia before leaving the room. I automatically put my head in my hands and groaned.

“Wow. Harlie speechless. Never thought that would happen.” Penelope said. I could hear the laughter in her voice. “Oh, by the way that’s the guy I was talking about setting you up with.”

“WHAT?!?” I looked up at her before turning red. “Great and I just looked totally stupid.”

“Not really I mean he made you speechless that’s a first.”

“Oh shut-up Pen.” I said angrily even though I had smile on my face.

****End of Flashback****

I drove to the FBI: BAU in Quantico, Virginia and made my way up to the office that I shared with Penelope. I had just sat down when Pen walked into the room.

“Hey Harlie, how was the date last night?”

“Non existent.”

“What?”

“He got called to a case.”

“Oh, bummer.”

“Yeah, I was really looking forward to spending some time away from work with him. I think he had something planned. I guess fate had other plans though.

“Maybe it will be over fairly quickly.”

“Yeah hopefully.” I turned my attention back to my computer getting ready for a long day.

*******************************************************************

We entered the local police station to get the details on all the women. It always seemed like we made a grand entrance or something. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at us. I sighed and made my way over to an empty desk.

I opened my phone and saw that I had missed a call from Harlie. It looked like we would probably end up playing phone tag. I dialed for my messages and listened to her voice.

“Morning baby. I’m not upset about last night I know that you were looking forward to it as much as I was. Hopefully you guys will figure out this case fast and then you’ll be back home with me. Then we can have a nice dinner at home. Anyway, I’m on my way into work so I’ll call you later. Love you.”

That girl always knew how to make me smile. Right now though I had to get my head in the case. If I wasn’t Hotch would rip me a new one. I just hope that maybe Harlie would be right and this case would go by quickly. I had been wanting to do something important and last night seemed like the perfect night but work it seemed liked to get into the way. Only time would tell.