Status: Working on updating as soon as possible.

Waiting

Chapter 3

Waiting
Chapter 03

I opened the door to my apartment, walking in I put all of my things down and went to the phone. Derek should be home in a little bit, so decided that it would be a good idea to order some food.

I also had another surprise for him that I hadn’t told anyone else, not even Penelope. I was excited but I hoped that he would be just as excited. I took all my skills to keep me from telling Penelope. I sat down on the couch and flipped on the TV to the history channel. I wasn’t really paying attention when I heard the front door open and close.

“Babe, I’m home.” I heard Derek yell. I got up off the couch and walked to the front. I walked up to him and gave him a big hug.

“I’m glad you’re home. I have a question and then some news. Do you want to wait to eat before I ask and tell or do you want me to ask and tell now?”

“Ask and tell now. I can tell that you about ready to bust. Well I was wondering that since you already pretty much live here if you wanted to move in with me?” I asked hoping that he would say yes.

“Yeah, babe. I was hoping to talk about that soon. Wow so we actually live together now.” He leaned down and gave me a kiss. I pulled away and lead him toward the couch.

“Okay, I know that we just decided to live together and this may be a little soon but I think in a few months it might be a little hard to hide.” I watched as he looked at me confused as to what I was getting at. I took his hand and held it in mine for a few moments before smiling and putting it on my stomach.

“Wait! What? You mean? You’re sure? Positive?” He was rambling off questions faster than I could answer them. I just sat there shaking my head and watching his face.

“Oh my god. I’m gonna be a daddy! Oh my god!” I laughed at him.

“Are you okay with having a baby?” I asked him needing to hear him say it.

“Am I okay with having a baby? I couldn’t imagine having a baby with anyone else. I love this baby.” He looked at me and I smiled at him. Happy for once. He leaned in and kissed me with everything he had. Pulling back he gave me, what I think was the biggest smile ever.

“I’ve got to call my momma. I know it’s late but she’ll forgive me once I tell her she’s having another grandbaby. Now she can stop bothering me about it.”

“That’s why I decided to get pregnant.” I deadpanned. He looked at me still grinning from ear to ear waiting for him mother to answer the phone.

“Momma…..I know I’m sorry to call you so late but I have news.”

“I think you’ll like it momma. Actually I know you’ll like it.”

“No, I’m not getting married.” At that one he looked at me.

“Momma, I’ll tell you…Yes you’ve got to let me though.”

“You’re gonna have a grandbaby.” I could almost hear her through the phone.

“Yes, momma I just said a grandbaby. Harlie just told me she’s pregnant.”

“Okay momma, you do that….Okay momma. I love you…..Okay bye.”

“Well, she was excited.” I said looking at him. “I’m glad, the first time I met her I was so scared that she wouldn’t like me. I’m glad she does. I don’t know what I would do without you.” I leaned in and gave him a kiss that was soon interrupted by the door bell.

“Foods here.” Derek got up and paid for the food and brought it into the living room.

“Have you told anyone else?”

“No. It took everything I had within me not to tell Garcia or anyone else for that matter. I wanted you to be the first to know. Baby daddy.”

“I’m surprised but I‘m completely happy. I’m gonna be a father. I had know idea it could feel like this. Damn, it feels good. I love you baby-girl.” I leaned in and pecked him on the mouth.

“I love you, Derek Morgan.”

“I love you too, Harlie Nichols.”

We ate dinner quietly both letting the knowledge that we were going to be parents sink in. I don’t know if we were really all that ready to be parents but I knew that whatever happened we would be fine. After dinner I cleaned up the plates and took them into the kitchen while Derek called the team and let them know the exciting news. Walking into the kitchen I put the cups and plates in the sink, I would wash them later, leaning against the sink I looked out the window. I couldn’t believe I had actually got a window in my kitchen, I loved it. I stood there for a few minutes thinking that my life couldn’t get any better than this. I didn’t know that Derek had other plans.